Rapper Rick Ross Wins Appeal Over Name In Court

Options
MorrisBX
MorrisBX Members Posts: 652 ✭✭✭
edited March 2012 in The Reason
Rapper Rick Ross Wins Appeal Over Name In Court - ThatHustle.com
rick-ross-nokia.jpg

The appeal filed by former drug dealer “Freeway” Rick Ross against an earlier 2010 order has been dismissed by an L.A. County Superior Court judge. “Freeway” Rick Ross had filed the case for claim of ownership over the name “Rick Ross’ but the same has been rejected by the court. Back to focusing on the European tour.

More: Rapper Rick Ross Wins Appeal Over Name In Court - ThatHustle.com

Comments

• HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    smh....thats really some ? ? , but people love this dude.....u cant give that man nothing?....like damn, it might even work in your favor....give you some more of that "street cred" or "juice" or "swag" or whatever they're calling it these days lol......i dont wish nuthin bad on nobody but if this ? catches up with him its only right...
  • Big Sean Anderson
    Big Sean Anderson Members Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    shout out to da homie ross he stole an authentic ? name and was like..ooh dats yo name!? And dis ? dodged being exposed as a C.O. and still gets respect from real hood ? even tho he a fake actor thug like dem ? in malibu's most wanted boi! Shout out to MMG meek wale i see yall ? too!
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HAF BAYKED wrote: »
    smh....thats really some ? ? , but people love this dude.....u cant give that man nothing?....like damn, it might even work in your favor....give you some more of that "street cred" or "juice" or "swag" or whatever they're calling it these days lol......i dont wish nuthin bad on nobody but if this ? catches up with him its only right...

naw he did offer him something and the real rick ross refused to settle and went to court instead.

i actually thought the real rick ross had a legit case til the judge explained that if your name has a second meaning for doing illegal ? then you can't profit off that.

• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    a former c.o or a former kingpin who u really think was gonna win that court battle
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »

naw he did offer him something and the real rick ross refused to settle and went to court instead.

i actually thought the real rick ross had a legit case til the judge explained that if your name has a second meaning for doing illegal ? then you can't profit off that.

i didnt know that...he prolly offered the ? 10 racks or some ? ....anyway, about the profiting off of the name having a second meaning for illegal ? , is that not exactly what the rapper is doing?....if freeway never did what he did, robert would simply not be who he is right now.....
  • birdcallaveli
    birdcallaveli Members Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    theres only one ROZAY!
  • jrod44
    jrod44 Members Posts: 3,446
    Options
    Didn't see thread already made. Anyhow name ain't got nothing to do with music.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HAF BAYKED wrote: »
    lamontbdc wrote: »

i didnt know that...he prolly offered the ? 10 racks or some ? ....anyway, about the profiting off of the name having a second meaning for illegal ? , is that not exactly what the rapper is doing?....if freeway never did what he did, robert would simply not be who he is right now.....

I'm sure they offered him somethign slight that his lawyer thought they could win.

And the judge explained it like this in the 1st case. Famous ppl names have a "second meaning" b/c of their celebrity. The example used was Will Smith. Will Smith name has a "second meaning" b/c of his celebrity. And his celebrity status is tied to him doing movies, tv, and music. All legal endeavors. Thus the real Ricky Ross can't put any claim to the 2nd meaning of his name b/c the only reason his name has a second meaning is due to illegal activity. Just like you can't call the police and say somebody stole my weed. Weed is illegal so they going to tell you to kick rocks. So you can't go to court and sue somebody for using the 2nd meaning of your name b/c you got that 2nd meaning illegally.
  • 7thwardslim
    7thwardslim Members Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭
    Options
    From what i heard..........50 Cents was the reason "The Real Ross" didnt go 100 with the rapper Rick Ross......
    50 Cents played a big hand with "Court Issue"....... but everything 50 Cent did to Ross back-fired......

50 even had to settle out of court with Ross baby-moms...........

ya probably forget when the Real Ross came home............he was being courted by G-Unit......
    thats why the rapper said ? it........ im glad Rozay won and im glad he still winning.....
    i mean damn.......what having a ? name gotta do droppin hot ass music......

i understand some of yall ? will be like but " The Real Ross" was a drug dealer......
    but yall forget the "The Real Ross" is also a snitch......also a FBI informant.....

"Back to these crackers following my time-line"......? running call them folks......cuz 50 said
    take the ? to court and sue..........that hoe-? ? .........if u suppose to be street certified ?
    all u gotta is ask a ? ......and if u certified real ? will respect word.......

But when u put the white folks on a ? back......its no love for you......i be the 1st to say
    ? the "The Real Ross"........ that ? aint nobody in the 00's.......if he was a major ?
    believe the streets of LA would be behind that ? hardbody........that ? would be the topic of all
    West Coast rap if he was so well respected and connected.........thats just my take........

but he put the folks on Rozay cuz 50 thought that was the best way to get to Rozay pockets....
    made the name change his stage name........put him thru all kinds of lil ? .....
    just to be a ? ass ? ........and just like everybody who side with 50.....

and the end 50 go run to CT tail under his ass.......sit in his 200 bedroom G-Unit dorm.......ALONE.....

and wonder why.......his 50 Laws of Power never work.......cuz his strategy is way off.....
    ? got the concept of the "Art of War" all backwards....... he using others to fight his fight
    cuz he been beaten so bad......so now the Real Ross is still at square 1.......crying cuz a ?
    took yo name.......acting like the reason Rick Ross is hot or a decent rapper is because he stole a ? name
    a name is one thing.....but ? ......having a name has nothing to with picking hot beats.....
    havin good production......video and editing team is bananas.......raps is just stupid.....i mean the name
    have nothing to with what Ross achieved........thats the only that urks me.....its people who standing
    on the fact that a name alone....is what made Rick Ross the star he is today..........everybody knew
    he wasnt the Rick Ross.....who made 100 million dollars a day.............everybody know dude from Miami and not LA
    everybody watched Ross go from a fat-crusty-rusty-pusty-musty fat bastard....to the being the hottest MC in the game...
    and that had nothing to do with his name.......so the Real Ross can go find a better lick.......cuz sueing a ? who used yo name as a stage name.......and had already paid you homage.........and disclosed he was willin to break with u after fact.....
    and make mends with you.......but what the Real Ross do......turn all that down and call the police......

• Washington_Red
    Washington_Red Members Posts: 255
    Options
    I'm not even mad at Ross 2.0 about this.

The Real Rick Ross isnt exactly a hero.
  • Rahlow
    Rahlow Members Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The real one lived it, the fake one makes money talkin about it.

If you really mad at the real one for doing his thing then why not be upset over the fake one sensationalizing about his life that he didn't live?

The real one is involved in many community projects out here...
    The fake one makes a living creating stories about a played out mafioso drug kingpin fantasy
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How you lose your government name to a ? name Willie Roberts?
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    How you lose your government name to a ? name Willie Roberts?

this ? made me laugh
  • pop duke
    pop duke Members Posts: 375
    Options
    I'm not even mad at Ross 2.0 about this.

The Real Rick Ross isnt exactly a hero.

Yes indeed!! I don't necessarily agree with dis decision but technically spk'g da rapper was saluting R Ross on some street ish & he took him to court for it.. IDK,but just like Nas said N reference to his song Stay Schemin being re-made; its hiphop when u take a piece of something from da past & put a new spin on it. Maybe Rozay didn't go about it da right way if there's such a thing..nevertheless da real Ross went ham N court & now what?? He's still just a random n*cca dat was somebody @ 1 point N time.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you really mad at the real one for doing his thing then why not be upset over the fake one sensationalizing about his life that he didn't live?

The fake one makes a living creating stories about a played out mafioso drug kingpin fantasy

source?
  • blackbloc
    blackbloc Members Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    officer ricky used his government connects to win the case. if you thought a real street ? like freeway ricky ross your a fool.
  • ThaCerealKilla
    ThaCerealKilla Members Posts: 450 ✭✭✭
    Options
    blackbloc wrote: »
    officer ricky used his government connects to win the case. if you thought a real street ? like freeway ricky ross your a fool.

hahaha ? please freeway got mo gov't connects. he poisoned his commuity n got the cia rich, then he snitched like a ? .
    his ? ass need to ?
  • Rahlow
    Options

source?
    he is highly respected out here among the gangsters, black bikers, car clubs, etc etc etc. He doing a lot of positive things and he even blessed me a 2nd time with some connects to get our magazine off the ground years ago.

http://www.freewayenterprise.com/page/press-release

• blackbloc
    Options

hahaha ? please freeway got mo gov't connects. he poisoned his commuity n got the cia rich, then he snitched like a ? .
    his ? ass need to ?

freeway used to, they used him as a scape goat and let him sit in prison, officer Williams still in good favor with his gov connects. williams still selling the poison and the poison lifestyles too blacks all over the world. freeway just affected the west coast.
  • Rahlow
    Options

his ? ass need to ?
    telling the truth about the government and the reason why we had a ? epidemic is snitchin?

so he shouldn't have said ? about the white mans plans and the governments dealings huh?

lmfao & smh at the same time

• ThaCerealKilla
    ThaCerealKilla Members Posts: 450 ✭✭✭
    Options

his ? ass need to ?

freeway used to, they used him as a scape goat and let him sit in prison, officer Williams still in good favor with his gov connects. williams still selling the poison and the poison lifestyles too blacks all over the world. freeway just affected the west coast.
    who gives a ? if they used his ? ass as a scape goat i bet he knew dem crackaz waz the n cops n din't give a ? as long as he was getting rich

The point is that ? ? helped sum crackkkaz poison his community jus so he could get rich, then his ? ass snitched to shorten his time in prison.
  • blackbloc
    Options

his ? ass need to ?

who gives a ? if they used his ? ass as a scape goat i bet he knew dem crackaz waz the n cops n din't give a ? as long as he was getting rich

The point is that ? ? helped sum crackkkaz poison his community jus so he could get rich, then his ? ass snitched to shorten his time in prison.
    anyone selling ? is basically helping the white man. no black country/community grow the ? ,they just sell it. so you hating on freeway for those reason means you should be hating on officer ross for doing the same thing, even worse. cause he promoting the lifestyle
  • Rahlow
    Options

his ? ass need to ?

anyone selling ? is basically helping the white man. no black country/community grow the ? ,they just sell it. so you hating on freeway for those reason means you should be hating on officer ross for doing the same thing, even worse. cause he promoting the lifestyle
    right, but they don't mind Noriega owing him a favor.

That's acceptable

• H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    This Fat ? Ross stole that poor mans name and he's gonna be sorry when Freeway Rick catches him

Can you prove what you say? Were are you from? Who do you know?

...I'm starting to believe you are fake because that picture of you ain't matching what you are pretending to be in your post.