Rick Ross wins - Freeway Ricky Ross loses. Lawsuit over name thrown out.

Options
jrod44
jrod44 Members Posts: 3,446
edited March 2012 in The Reason
Rapper Rick Ross can keep his name, thanks to an L.A. County Superior Court judge who shut down a bid from former drug dealer "Freeway" Rick Ross who tried to hoard the name.

"Freeway" Rick Ross had filed suit against the rapper, claiming ownership of the name. In fact, the rapper has strongly intimated in his songs his name was inspired by the drug dude.

In the song "Hustlin" for example, Ross makes several references to large-scale drug dealing -- despite what Freeway says ... the rapper never dealt drugs in his life.

Tmz

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • c.b.b.
    c.b.b. Members Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I guess since the name wasn't Trademarked, the real Rick Ross couldn't do anything about it.

also with all the Jewish power in the music industry, they're not going to let an artist that generates so much $ them lose a court battle.

Shame that Rozay is still profiting off of that fake image, but I still listen to his music
  • GeE-757
    GeE-757 Members Posts: 6,441
    edited March 2012
    Options
    c.b.b. wrote: »
    I guess since the name wasn't Trademarked, the real Rick Ross couldn't do anything about it.

also with all the Jewish power in the music industry, they're not going to let an artist that generates so much $ them lose a court battle.

Shame that Rozay is still profiting off of that fake image, but I still listen to his music

do u have proof ross neva sold drugz? imean i refuse 2 believe rozay has made it this far livin a fake image & i highly doubt SUGE KNIGHT would allow his niece 2 get mmg tatt;d on her if ross was that much of a fraud ? dont add up ross would not b able 2 walk da streetz if he was that fake smh...
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    OGClarenceBoddicker Members Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They bout to hit that boy, gon be a dumb move though.
  • c.b.b.
    c.b.b. Members Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There have been other frauds in the rap game that made it.

I feel you, but how much weight could a former college student/C.O. really have been selling?

He might have been around drugs, but I highly doubt he sold dope
  • GeE-757
    edited March 2012
    Options

I feel you, but how much weight could a former college student/C.O. really have been selling?

thatz just it all rapperz is fake anybody sittin around believin100% of wat a rapper say is a fool anyway...& ross is not da only rapper 2 lie about selllin weight imean do u really believe jigga lost 92 brickz? come on now but again i refuse 2 believe rozay would b able 2 make it this far & blow up how he has if he was such a BIG FRAUD again ? dont add up if ross was so fake sum1 wouldve been got him but aint ? happen besidez rozay blowin up...

• Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dat ? never sold ? . Proof? Dat ? jersey was extra smedium in that Trina video. Bosses dont wear ? they have outgrown.
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lolol that fatfuck is winning
  • GeE-757
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    dat ? never sold ? . Proof? Dat ? jersey was extra smedium in that Trina video. Bosses dont wear ? they have outgrown.

lol turfafool shut up...
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You sound a little "square".

I think a lot of sheltered people like you are frauds because you pretend to know about things that you have no clue about.

You don't know peoples associations & affiliations and you don't know the time-line in peoples lives to speak on when they were hustling or even if they were or weren't hustling.

A lot of geeks use the word "fraud" as if a rapper that's a square and a fraud can just pick up a microphone and start representing the streets of a city like Miami and not get checked by street dudes and street rappers from within that community.

Ross is from that environment and he hustled just like the rest of these dudes but obviously not to the degree that you hear in boastful rap songs unless you are one of them idiots that believes JayZ lost 92 bricks and Nas was Escobar and Styles P needed a whale-scale to weigh his ? .

Anybody stupid enough to believe that any of these rappers were moving major weight is a true fraud for being square and stupid.

• juan travolta
    juan travolta Members Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lmao^^ ethered ole boy.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    square says the guy with over 12,000 posts
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    square says the guy with over 12,000 posts

And 2000 Tweets and I can put that on my face and yours.

russian-wiggers65.jpg

• GeE-757
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    You sound a little "square".

I think a lot of sheltered people like you are frauds because you pretend to know about things that you have no clue about.

You don't know peoples associations & affiliations and you don't know the time-line in peoples lives to speak on when they were hustling or even if they were or weren't hustling.

A lot of geeks use the word "fraud" as if a rapper that's a square and a fraud can just pick up a microphone and start representing the streets of a city like Miami and not get checked by street dudes and street rappers from within that community.

Ross is from that environment and he hustled just like the rest of these dudes but obviously not to the degree that you hear in boastful rap songs unless you are one of them idiots that believes JayZ lost 92 bricks and Nas was Escobar and Styles P needed a whale-scale to weigh his ? .

Anybody stupid enough to believe that any of these rappers were moving major weight is a true fraud for being square and stupid.

thatz da main thang that make these people callin officer ricky a FRAUD look stupid imean if rozay was that big of a fraud he would have not made it this far...imean therr is no way n hell sum1 like CHUCK D would b on twitter suggestin that rick rizzzle needz 2 do a treyvon trak if ross was that big of a fraud n da 305..