the older im getting the more im realizing how sad it must be to Not have kids..

Options
2nd chances
2nd chances Members Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2012 in For The Grown & Sexy
i used to be one of those that used to say i would never have kids..but now not so much...when you're 60-70 years old and the job that you once treasured and everything else fades..what do you have left? what about the memories of your life..those experiences everything that makes you what you are..who's left with them?..i guess you can say well my nieces and nephews, etc but to be honest not really...
once you die thats really it for you...maybe other folks in your life might once ever so often think about you..but most are gonna forget about you pretty soon...

its overall just a shortsighted thing to not want kids because you think of them as a burden to your youth and freedom..but i truly believe its wroth it at the point in time when it really matters..

Comments

• Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im gonna leave this alone....
  • powerman 5000
    powerman 5000 Members Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    NAh, some people shouldn't have kids. There's more to life in this day and age anyway.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? ' hate them lil ? ...I wish they could be born at about 13/14
  • bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No guarantee that kids will be there for you when you get down.

Once you die, you won't know who's thinking/not thinking about you. That shouldn't matter.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    <<<<<19 nd not lookin for kids see too many ? my age lookin old in the face nd stressed wit their below average jobs havin to be spent on their kids
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You know what man.

Once im dead... I wont care anyway.

haha

its true
  • BK Product
    BK Product Members Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You gotta point.....
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options
    I love being a mom

• Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    How many of us would be here if there was no such thing as alcohol
  • NYCeeCee
    NYCeeCee Members Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    <<<<<19 nd not lookin for kids see too many ? my age lookin old in the face nd stressed wit their below average jobs havin to be spent on their kids

This sounds so depressing.

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bgoat wrote: »
    No guarantee that kids will be there for you when you get down.

Once you die, you won't know who's thinking/not thinking about you. That shouldn't matter.

Exactly, in the long run, there are plenty of ways to still have happiness in old age. You can have friends and maybe some pets. Go out with a girlfriend or wife, or even hang out with other family members who have kids. Or friends and their kids. The list goes on and on.......

I'm 27, never want kids, and I feel my life would be a drag to constantly baby a child in this expensive ass world. ? that, I love my freedom and being able to do whatever I want to do outside work. Work is stressful enough without wasting energy on a kid that's gonna be demanding and ? his or her diaper all day.

Thanks, but no thanks

**Plays Final Fantasy XIII in peace, without baby worries**
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Put all your cares and worries on ? . If you're gonna have kids you will, if not, don't sweat it, that's an enjoyable life too.
  • kingblaze84
    edited March 2012
    Options
    You know what man.

Once im dead... I wont care anyway.

haha

its true

And there you go lol....the saddest people I know have kids. I know a woman with 3 kids who always has migraines, and another woman with kids who is depressed. She even told me to never have kids, my other boy who's 31 said the same ? .The irony huh?
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How many of us would be here if there was no such thing as alcohol

I'm in the middle of 11...I know for damn sure I wasn't planned...I'm a capricorn...dad was born late March...I was probably the product of some sweet, sweet birthday sex...I'm just I wasn't swallowed
  • -Vincenzo-
    -Vincenzo- Members Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kids are my pension plan but honestly im not sure how long i wanna stay in this ? , if you have kids you gotta be around for another 20-25 years...
  • bgoat
    Options
    I'm not sure if I want to bring kids into this sick ass world.
  • NYCeeCee
    NYCeeCee Members Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I love being a mom

So do I! We want more (he wants boys, I don't care), but its our personal preference...not for the reasons T/S gave.

• bgoat
    Options
    Plus dis ? bout to be over with anyway.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Still no kids for me. I c/s t/s tho. I kinda feel the same way. I look at my sis and brotha n law as example. I look at the hard work they put in to raise my niece & nephew. I dunno. I want kids, but I also want a wife as well.

I need to get on the ball
  • Mood Indigo
    Mood Indigo Members Posts: 2,127
    Options
    I don't think of it that way which is why I don't plan on having any.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options

Then raise up the change!
  • kingblaze84
    Options

That's another reason I don't want kids. This world is way too ? up for me to even consider bringing a child in it. My life is nice and cool, don't want that changing bringing a kid up in a world where he or she can be followed and shot dead just for wearing a hoodie and being tall. In the words of 2pac, ? THE WORLD, this planet can ? off. If I ever do have kids, it'll be in a world less disgraceful than this one (and less expensive lol)
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    That's sad that parents are advising others NOT to have kids.

Parenting is stressful of time but it's a beautiful thing to watch this small extension of yourself grow into a person. I wouldn't trade it if I could..

I'm glad u love having kids, nothing wrong with that. I haven't met too many parents like you though. Studies show raising kids actually makes an adult less happy compared to adults without kids. In either case good luck with your family.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited March 2012
    Options
    That's sad that parents are advising others NOT to have kids.

Parenting is stressful of time but it's a beautiful thing to watch this small extension of yourself grow into a person. I wouldn't trade it if I could..

I'm glad u love having kids, nothing wrong with that. I haven't met too many parents like you though. Studies show raising kids actually makes an adult less happy compared to adults without kids. In either case good luck with your family.

I think the underlying cause would be in the mental state of the parent not the child. So parents who are telling others not to have kids and how rough it is, the head aches, the depression etc... need to get some ? straight in their mind.

Maybe they say that cuz they didn't actually want kids, or realize now they shouldn't have had any, but then they need to state that to people, it's because they don't enjoy it.
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    With having kid a whole new level of stress come it at the Sametime I wouldn't trade it for nothin on this planet. Usually I'd have reserve about dying for some one but when it comes to mine it would be a thoughtless process.