Meet the Parents

Options
Loo.Loo
Loo.Loo Members Posts: 682 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2012 in For The Grown & Sexy
Fellas: How much do you care if your S/O's parents like you -- share stories

Ladies: Do your parents tend to like your S/O's & does it matter to you?

Comments

• MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options
    They usually like the men I've dated

They love my current boo

And it does matter to me.... I spend alot of time with my fam
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I feel if I couldn't get along with the parents then there is no need for the relationship to continue. I can't be going around people who I would feel uncomfortable around and vice versa that makes one awkward moment.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    It matters more as I've gotten older, but still not enough to where I'd stop dating a girl because her parents didn't like me
  • GodSpeed215
    GodSpeed215 Members Posts: 818 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just enough that we cool for family gatherings. But if she spend a ? load of time with her family then it might be more of a problem
  • NYCeeCee
    NYCeeCee Members Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My father couldn't stand my husband when we first met and let it be known every chance he got....and now that I have a daughter, I completely understand why. My mother didn't really say too much, but I know how she felt. They love him now and he can actually come in the house now. LOL
  • Loo.Loo
    Options
    hold up, why didnt they like your hubby @NyCEECEE??
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I feel like they should impress me. I also need to knowhow often their family gets together. If they are lames that like to play scattegories and talk about american idol, then it will never work.
  • HustleTree
    HustleTree Members Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only had a problem with one parent and thats cause he was a cheap ? and didnt want to help pay for a limo for homecoming...And his daughter wasnt even my girlfriend so ? him ....Other than that Ive gotten along fine with parents
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    My father wants to bang my girlfriend. I take that as a compliment.
  • NYCeeCee
    Options
    Loo.Loo wrote: »
    hold up, why didnt they like your hubby @NyCEECEE??
    My father felt like I was "rebelling"(even though I was 22 year old adult), so he was blamed for it.
  • Loo.Loo
    Options
    yeah, i think i could bring home almost any girl (as long as she aint a drug addict) and my mother would be happy as long as I'm happy.
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember this one chick made me met her peoples after the second date we had .......I can't even.explain the amount of awkwardness and embarassment that I was going through...from that point I never saw her in the same light and its sad cause I was really diggin shawty...
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Never really cared whether a chick's parents liked me as long as they could be civil. Did care if my parents liked my chick though because I know they have good judgement and would be objective in their assessment.

That said, I've only gotten the parents involved in two relationships in my life. I never saw a point in it unless I believed the relationship had the potential to go the distance.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    i always had carried the mindset that i was more interested in the happiness of my lady....whether or not they liked me was just a plus....

but they've always loved me....

with my wife it was kinda awkward at first, cuz they both knew me before she did....so when we started dating they were like

"really??? D????? well he's a cool guy....so if you like him, that's fine"

i don't think anyone saw that coming....

her grandmother was the most skeptical because she wasn't crazy about her sister's husband and me and him are best friends
  • NYCeeCee
    Options

That said, I've only gotten the parents involved in two relationships in my life.

Same here. I've only introduced mine to 2 and they didn't like the first one either. LOL! The first one I was a teen, and I had gone from innocent Church girl to sneaking out of the house to hang out with him. My sister snitched and the rest is history.

• King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    every set of parents ive met loved me.

my ex's parents still love me. her step pops hits me up every once in a while..they wont let her move on but i dont want that crazy ?
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I never gave a damn what her parents thought. I would always tell her that I came to see her not them...lol. Don't get me wrong...they like me and I would never disrespect them in any way, but I wouldn't go out of my way brown nosing either.
  • Tommy_Milfhitta
    Tommy_Milfhitta Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got along with most ex's parents except my last relationship (her papz was kul bt momz was constantly ? ? up) I feel it is important that I get on with her parents coz I'm strong on family bonds, granted that we are in a serious relationship..
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My dad likes my girl so everything is all good
  • Tommy_Milfhitta
    Tommy_Milfhitta Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

thats a given... question is how mama duke feel bout ur girl?
  • terbear
    terbear Members Posts: 928 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options

yeah thats a given dad is always happy when his son is getting ? , ive never brought a female home ever to meet any either of my parents never saw a reason for it, that just means they can involve themselves in my business more than i care for, never will