sixfootfive Members Posts: 158 ✭✭
    Options
    No Levi's for me
  • 1800skypager
    1800skypager Members Posts: 671 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    no-sign.

If you gon get Levi's get the LVC (Levi's Vintage Clothing) Levi's. The HEAVY SELVEDGE lined denims, REAL leather patches, cuts, and distressings are FAR superior to the the Levi's you find at your local mall, but the cheapest ones cost about 5x as much. I have a few pair and I'd say that it was money well spent.

? , I don't even rock denims that don't have selvedge in them anymore. They hold a cuff wayyy better than non-selvedge denim.

If your looking for dope pre-distressed jeans that look like they've been worn for years with natural looking fades cop some LVCs or RRLs (Rodeo Ralph Lauren). Again, both are pricey but well worth the money; those jeans will last you for years and will look better as they age raw or pre-distressed.

This site is a good source if you're looking for raw Japanese denims

blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?&vmcchk=1

You can now buy RRL on the polo site, and you can also find pairs from past seasons at discounts on the bay. As for the LVCs, they're hard to find in the states if you don't live in a city that doesn't have boutiques and stores like Barney's and such, but they can be found on Japanese and European streetwear type websites.

Oh and another thing, if you buy these types of denims don't wash them very often... raw or pre-distressed... Only wash them if you absolutely have to, i.e., they smell or you stained them. Wash them every couple of months. Wear them out and let them age gracefully.
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Salvaged denim seems too expensive for my taste.
  • Miltown Marauder
    Miltown Marauder Members Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You have to be consistent with raw denim, as in wearing the same jeans for MONTHS..btw RRL sucks. Stick to APCs for raw selvege denim
  • down2earth
    down2earth Members Posts: 953 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Levis mostly, and whatever else I can get for a good price. Express has some real nice stuff, it's just pricey so i only go that route every now and then.
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I gotta rock Sean john the lee at my mall are snug fit. I cant do the skinny jeans
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if you paying over 60 for some jeans, you need to reevaluate your life
  • Ms. Sweeetface
    Ms. Sweeetface Members Posts: 393 ✭✭✭
    Options
    If you want quality jeans go for Japanese selvage denim... My favorite brands are PRPS, Edwin, Nudie, Levis, APC, Sugar Cane... They will last forever, and unless you cover them in ? , only need washing every 6month...

Wash with Woolite dark.

Levi's Curve ID's, DKNY and Express Jeans.
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you want quality jeans go for Japanese selvage denim... My favorite brands are PRPS, Edwin, Nudie, Levis, APC, Sugar Cane... They will last forever, and unless you cover them in ? , only need washing every 6month...

Wash with Woolite dark.

i just use cold water... some people keep them in the freezer lol
  • Ms. Sweeetface
    Ms. Sweeetface Members Posts: 393 ✭✭✭
    Options

Wash with Woolite dark.

i just use cold water... some people keep them in the freezer lol

LOL true.
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    just bought another pair of levis today
  • ceothachosen1
    ceothachosen1 Members Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭
    Options
    dont know how ? ? wit that heavy stiff denim ? is mad uncomfortable and for the record trues might as well be coogi...
  • Feelin_Foolay
    Feelin_Foolay Members Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Trying to cop me a pair of Naked & Famous weird guys
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bought a pair of Diesel round about 2001. Then joint were my favorite pair. Now I wear is Levi's and some urbanwear joints like Sean John and LRG.

On the real the last pair I bought was from this place I get all my T-shirts from call Urban Outfitters. It is a place that is lower than TJ Maxx. I get all my workout gear and basketball shoes from there. The jeans are mostly miss but when you hit. You can find some good stuff hidden in there.
  • alvarez_313
    alvarez_313 Members Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lucky Brand, S7ven and Chip and Pepper
  • Cinco
    Cinco Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i like nautica jeans..can't see myself spending more that $60 bucks for a pair of jeans..was always taught spend money on shoes and shirts, and not jeans
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    i like nautica jeans..can't see myself spending more that $60 bucks for a pair of jeans..was always taught spend money on shoes and shirts, and not jeans

i was taught somethin similar..
    spend more money on getting shirts and shoes then jeans..

u should have atleast 2-3 shirts for each pair of jeans.. shoes either go solids or colors that dont stand out too much..

but yall cats is crazy if u aint droppin a pretty penny on some denim.. that ? COMPLETES the fit..
    and i dont care what nobody say.. ? notice the jeans u wearin.. or atleast how they fittin..

and unless ur Dro i assume ur dressin to impress the ? . hahahaha
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Randoms complimenting your jeans appreciation.
  • Chase N Bundlez
    Chase N Bundlez Members Posts: 5,040 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nudie
    Diesel
    APC
    True's (only their courderoys)
    Cult of Individuality
  • FucktheIC
    FucktheIC Members Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't really wear jeans often for real. I'd probably say about once or twice a month total.

When I do they're Levi's. For the price, there's nothing better. And da ? I look like paying 200 for a pair of jeans? I don't even spend that much on slacks.

? need to start introducing some flat front chinos to their game.

A nice pair of any colored chinos>>>>>>>jeans.

You know how much ? love you when you wear salmon colored pants with ? on 'em ? ?
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Got on my Levis right now. The price isn't bad, and the sizes are accurate.
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do any of you guys put your jeans in the freezer? I washed my Levi's by accident and they transformed into skinny jeans. Looking for a better way to clean jeans
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do any of you guys put your jeans in the freezer? I washed my Levi's by accident and they transformed into skinny jeans. Looking for a better way to clean jeans
    JEANS IN THE FREZZER? NEVER HEARD OF THAT..

YOU MUST HAVE BOUGHT A PAIR OF THOSE SHRINKABLE 501'S...YOU POSE TO BUY THEM 2 SIZES BIGGER