This Is Why I Think "Hit Em Up" is a wack song.

Options
lethal5
lethal5 Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2012 in The Reason
What do u really have?...an average verse from Pac, and a couple wack verses from sum Outlawz members I couldn't name to save my life.

Pac's a great rapper, but that song sounds like a temper tantrum set to a beat. And thats the only good element to the song, is that u could tell Pac was genuinely ? -off.....but that alone don't make a great song...the lyrics were sub-par.

Cube was my fav rapper at 1 point & I wasn't really checkin for Common ...But I had to give credit where it was due...Common ate him on the "? in yoo"...that's what u call a great lyrical ass whippin'.

When people say "hit em up" is the best diss song of all time, to me that's an insult to fans who been listenin hip hop for mad years.

Comments

• DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    hit em up was an atom bomb and the makaveli album is non stop airstrikes on that weak ass city called new york. NY still hasnt recovered from this song. Who needs a whole bunch of faggy wordplay and ? sublims to address a issue with a ? . pac says it clearly as day ? mobb deep ? biggie ? puffy and ? anybody else from new york who got a problem with it. Pac was giving out premeptive ? yous. pure genius. nare one of them new york ? stepped up and did anything tho. you have the fake king of new york letting a ballerina disrespect his wife and ? on his crew. and the outlaws were pacs young shooters. hit em up is on some military presence ? and it shook bad boy and all them other fake ? pac mentioned. the first time biggie heard this record i promise you he had an heart murmur and clenched instestine.

What do you think of Takeover and Super Ugly?
  • lethal5
    Options
    So Cussin' out people makes a good song? I'm not the biggest mobb deep fan, but Prodigy ? -slapped Pac on "drop a gem on 'em" without even having to say his name the entire song...thats genius. Pac wouldn't of had nuthin' for Prodigy if he had lived to see that song "officially" released
  • lethal5
    Options
    Chino xl diss was even better than hit em up, and if I'm not mistaken that was just a freestyle not an entire song.
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    U ? on Hit em up but cosigning the wack ass diss ? in yoo?? lol
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    edited April 2012
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TheIraq
    TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    why werent u sayin ? when the song came out 16 years ago? were u waiting for an internet forum to complain on?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • lethal5
    Options
    hit em up was an atom bomb and the makaveli album is non stop airstrikes on that weak ass city called new york. NY still hasnt recovered from this song. Who needs a whole bunch of faggy wordplay and ? sublims to address a issue with a ? . pac says it clearly as day ? mobb deep ? biggie ? puffy and ? anybody else from new york who got a problem with it. Pac was giving out premeptive ? yous. pure genius. nare one of them new york ? stepped up and did anything tho. you have the fake king of new york letting a ballerina disrespect his wife and ? on his crew. and the outlaws were pacs young shooters. hit em up is on some military presence ? and it shook bad boy and all them other fake ? pac mentioned. the first time biggie heard this record i promise you he had an heart murmur and clenched instestine.

...And to say the East never recoverd it kinda stretchin things bruh. I'm on the East and that song never moved me from day 1.

• PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rofl @ this ? about wordplay. People always take shots at Pac when it comes to that. Even when he's speaking on real ? , all these New Yorkers ride ? about wordplay for dudes dont talk about ? except ? , money and clothes.

And anybody who tried to deny Hit Em Up's place in history needs to get chin checked. Any song that starts with "That's why I ? your ? , you fat ? " is on the path awesomeness and Pac delivered. "Dont one of you guys got sickle cell or something?" Pac was handing out ether when he wasnt even rapping.
  • lethal5
    edited April 2012
    Options
    lethal5 wrote: »

So your saying Cube used a bunch of subs & faggy word-play on "No Vaseline"? cause No Vas is better than hit em up
  • TheIraq
    Options
    same ? to say get rich or die tryin wasnt hot... same ? that say they didnt listen to luda or nelly lol and call them WACK now.. same ? love trap music and was sayin Jeezy and TI was hot now yall think Ross the best rapper alive when you was all on Wayne nuts 05 to 09.. Ol flip floppin ass ?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • TheIraq
    Options
    Now yall love Ross even though he was exposed as a correction officer LOL GTFOH
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2012
    Options
  • lethal5
    Options

What do you think of Takeover and Super Ugly?

I dont know, I guess i'm a hard critic, because at first, I thought both songs were below their usual standards of lyricism. I was expecting both emcees to come 10 times more vicious because I know what they're capable of on the mic.

• RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • lethal5
    Options
    KingJamal wrote: »
    U ? on Hit em up but cosigning the wack ass diss ? in yoo?? lol

Son r u serious? How u gonna have Cube in your avatar & not realized Common skillfully dismantled him over a Superb Pete Rock beat?...it dont get much better
  • lethal5
    Options

I have the Makaveli album...bought it the day It came out, but I only need to listen to it the whole way through maybe once every year and a half and i'm good. Its far from "non stop air strikes"

• Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who needs wordplay and witty metaphors and all that if you can tell your opponent that you ? his wife straight up...no need to go lyrical on that the fact alone is straight ether
  • *~queenbee~*
    *~queenbee~* Members Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TS, you know you can't say anything bad or give constructive criticism towards Pac on here without these fool crying. Lord forbid if you have an opposite opinion on this, you must be a hater, lol. He is ? to them and I agree Hit Em Up was not the best diss song. Pac was a good song writer but a little below average lyrically.
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    For you to say some dumb ? like dat, I know youve seen da movie Notorious. So I know you saw how they re-enacted da reaction of Cease and Big when they first heard hit em up. Dat ? fukked his marriage up. Dat ? "kicked in da door" in da middle of faith's interview and put her in a headlock and da whole nine lmaooo

Cmon man , stop da ? lol
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    I dont look for word play in diss tracks wtf.