How many of you ? listened to Sonny about the "Door Test"

Options
ocelot
ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2012 in Lights, Camera, Action!
GnS question but ? them ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAJdqzRM6Dw

Doesnt have to be the Door Test but any test to see if the girl is selfish...
And how many "Great Ones" have you had that youve kept or passed up?
We all have 3 in a life time... I think ive passed up 2

Comments

• Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lmao, that ? do tell the truth
  • ocelot
    Options
    A Bronx Tale had multiple quotes...
    I heard the new door test is to not pay for the whole dinner and see if she got you
  • redhandedbandit
    redhandedbandit Members Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭
    Options
    yeah when i take chicks out i wait to see if they reach for their money i still pay for the food but thats what determines what category they get placed in
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I ? with the door test a while back, but I didn't ditch broads for that reason. It was just interesting to see if it would happen. Besides I'm not giving up on some ? before I get some. Afterwards is a different story..
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Interesting, but the test is mad outdated.

(1) Dudes don't open doors for chicks like that anymore.
    (2) Everybody got a keyless entry, so she wouldn't have to do that anyway.

That said, a rare set of circumstances actually put me in the position for this with my wife before we were married, and she passed. I remember because I wondered why she'd even bother doing that. SMH @ me expecting chicks to be selfish and thoughtless.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The door test is outdated due to power locks and keyless entry. I have my own test, if I pay for dinner and we hiting the flicks or drinks at a bar...if she picks up the cheque...we straight
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    the door test is outdated. but the ? about not wanting to be locked in a bar is truth. as is the 3 great ones. bronx tale is a true classic. just watched it again a few days ago too
  • ocelot
    Options
    Interesting, but the test is mad outdated.

(1) Dudes don't open doors for chicks like that anymore.
    (2) Everybody got a keyless entry, so she wouldn't have to do that anyway.

That said, a rare set of circumstances actually put me in the position for this with my wife before we were married, and she passed. I remember because I wondered why she'd even bother doing that. SMH @ me expecting chicks to be selfish and thoughtless.

Not to get in your business but what was the selfless things shes was doing?
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ocelot wrote: »

Not to get in your business but what was the selfless things shes was doing?

Not sure what you mean. I didn't note any selfless things in particular she was doing. I was just pointing out that I found it odd that she reached over to unlock the door for me and the reason I found it odd is likely because I subconsciously expect chicks to be selfish and thoughtless.

She was pretty selfless when we dated though. She was putting herself through school at the time, but she would damn near bounce her account just to buy me something anytime a special day came up even knowing that I don't particularly care about holidays or gifts. She did other things, but that's what popped to mind.
  • BK Product
    BK Product Members Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One of the GOAT movies.. i think every teenage boy should watch that movie with his pops/father figure.
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yeah when i take chicks out i wait to see if they reach for their money i still pay for the food but thats what determines what category they get placed in

haha real spit. Because of that, I don't even take chicks out anymore for food. Love films like A Bronx Tale because it tells so much about life as a whole its scary.
  • ocelot
    Options
    It's hard to see if the girl a great one or if she's just desperate to settle down and get married... Cuz you know once the ring is on they change for the worse...but I'm still cool with my great one...
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I guess I never paid attention to why I stopped checking for the door test out of curiosity til yall mentioned the keyless entry.. back in high school I had a 90 dodge spirit and then as a freshman a 96 civic, when I updated to my 06 Altima and now VW CC looking to see went out the window.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    do this with the wrong dude & he'll wonder why you touchin his ?
  • ocelot
    edited April 2012
    Options
    @atribecalledgabi
    What's your opinion of the door test and the 3 great ones...
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    @atribecalledgabi
    What's your opinion of the door test and the 3 great ones...
    i agree with it. we can't be expecting dudes to be the perfect gentlemen for not even a little something in return. the check thing would be more accurate today cuz it can go both ways...but there's more than one way to tell if someone is selfish or not.

i can't really speak on the three great ones. i always took that to mean as one of the women would be your mother.
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo that's a classic drop...pop dukes told me the same thing

And yea I passed up a couple...goes with the learning

@atribecalledgabi what's up ma! good to see you in da building no doubt!
  • ocelot
    Options
    @atribecalledgabi
    What's the male version to the door test to you?...
    What's that one test you check for to see if he's hubby?
    And have you passed up on your great one?
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    @Dr.Chemix hey doc! i didn't even know the site was back up until a few days ago. good to be back tho.

@ocelot my biggest thing is how he treats his mother/sisters/other important women in his life. if he respects those women then you can guarantee that you'll be treated the same (if he respects you).
    i haven't passed up any great ones. i've had a good one for a while now so we'll see.
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That check test is a automatic fail on a dudes part, thats like expectin a girl to buy her own movie ticket? Lets b real you might be passin up on alot of great ones wit that one....a chick might see that as u tryin 2 b selfish thus backfiring
  • ocelot
    edited April 2012
    Options
    @clairascanbe
    One girl Im talking to bought the tickets without hesitation... And I told her I got her with the snacks...I didn't ask her to buy the tickets but she did anyways and I took notice...I don't know if she's a great one because she can be too independent and she won't let a man be a man sometimes...
  • ocelot
    edited April 2012
    Options
    @atribecalledgabi
    that's a good test... If the man don't respect the women of his life... dump him and dump him quick...

@Dr. Chemix
    Ay Doc how many great ones you got left in your lifetime?
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @ocelot I believe you its just rare on the first date but too independent? Its just a movie ticket homie be grateful price of admission is no joke nowadays.... she has potential 2 be one of the great ones just off that alone......good luck w/her.
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @atribecalledgabi
    that's a good test... If the man don't respect the women of his life... dump him and dump him quick...

@Dr. Chemix
    Ay Doc how many great ones you got left in your lifetime?

A few. The great, the beautiful, the graceful, the gentle, and the kind hearted...I have found only a few and they are no longer within my care.

To answer I had approximately 2 women that were actually good through and through...? they hard to find out here bruh...

• HarlemThumzUp
    HarlemThumzUp Members Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I had a 76 caddy that I drove in reverse from my kids school cuz she left her books...we lived 5 blocks away