Options

Comments

• Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    bambu wrote: »
    ....consider it hijacked...

you sound like a ? geek. Stop taking the ? so serious and get some ? damn business about yourself.

I have the knowledge to defend against these types of arguments

Good for you. Use it.
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1. Wrong. It was 2 paragraphs and it doesn't really matter but it is more proof that you didn't read the ? . Either way, I answered your question in the same way you posed it.
    2. You started name calling when you attempted to call me a clown. That's a name other than my own.
    3. I stated in the intelligent design thread that what I said was not in arrogance. What I was saying in the i.d. thread was not directed to you and it shouldn't matter to you anyway whether I'm arrogant or not. If I'm wrong, then prove me wrong. But don't act like a ? because you're taking ? personal that doesn't need to be taken that way.
    4. You did not prove it wrong. You did not even debate it.
    5. I don't even harp on evolution like you claim I do. I never say that I have any vast knowledge on the subject. I've never told anyone I'm some type of professor. I believe evolution is true and I can tell you why but I don't know everything there is to know on the subject nor have I read every book there is to read on evolution and I don't need to do that to understand the basic concept. One day, my knowledge may be greater in that area but as of right now, most of what I give you has been learned from the books that I have read. And what makes me a victim for believing in something that has been proven to be true? Am I also a "victim" for believing in gravity?

1. 10 sentences, 2 paragraphs or 1 titangraph.... If you re-read the ? you will see how ambiguous it is, and I told you that before. However, you had to poke your chest out and act hard... I told you that it was cool not to respond and also offered something to change the subject(melanin).

2. You got "clowned" after questioning my reading skills. I am sure you have been called worse, if not I can help you with that.

3. You were wrong for ganging up on people when you had numbers with you. I reciprocated the energy that you put out.

4. What the hell are you talking about??? You are the one that slithered out of the debate... that is why it never happened.

5. Of course you are not a victim for believing in gravity.... However, a blind belief in the theory of evolution can be detrimental, as I just proved. I am not sure why you are so confused about the way this ideology continues to be harmful to our people. But you have references now, you can learn more about theory and its ill effects. I think you may be trying to be snide about the books that I shared....rest assured, I have digested them all...

And you keep carrying on..... I will extend the olive branch again....

• bambu
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I used it to see if you could properly defend our people..... you failed....

for what reason? Out of emotional rage? Do you feel embarrassed about how I came at you in your thread? I defended our people and you had nothing else to say about it.

The reason was because it is the main argument used by our oppressors.....

No rage... sometimes I use the arguments of my opponents in order to better understand and challenge it, not just on you, but myself also.

I already told you I appreciate the challenge in the cannabis thread???

I think I may have been too harsh brother..... you did not fail your people, I used a poor choice of words on that one. I apologize....
    I probably caught you off guard in the first place by taking that position.

My main concern is my people buying into the evolution theory without a good understanding of it. I have seen too often brothers cosigning the theory to their own detriment. You are an intelligent brother, I hope my challenge has opened a desire to learn more about the theory.

HOTEP

• Bodhi
    edited July 2012
    Options
    1. Wrong. It was 2 paragraphs and it doesn't really matter but it is more proof that you didn't read the ? . Either way, I answered your question in the same way you posed it.
    2. You started name calling when you attempted to call me a clown. That's a name other than my own.
    3. I stated in the intelligent design thread that what I said was not in arrogance. What I was saying in the i.d. thread was not directed to you and it shouldn't matter to you anyway whether I'm arrogant or not. If I'm wrong, then prove me wrong. But don't act like a ? because you're taking ? personal that doesn't need to be taken that way.
    4. You did not prove it wrong. You did not even debate it.
    5. I don't even harp on evolution like you claim I do. I never say that I have any vast knowledge on the subject. I've never told anyone I'm some type of professor. I believe evolution is true and I can tell you why but I don't know everything there is to know on the subject nor have I read every book there is to read on evolution and I don't need to do that to understand the basic concept. One day, my knowledge may be greater in that area but as of right now, most of what I give you has been learned from the books that I have read. And what makes me a victim for believing in something that has been proven to be true? Am I also a "victim" for believing in gravity?

1. 10 sentences, 2 paragraphs or 1 titangraph.... If you re-read the ? you will see how ambiguous it is, and I told you that before. However, you had to poke your chest out and act hard... I told you that it was cool not to respond and also offered something to change the subject(melanin).

2. You got "clowned" after questioning my reading skills. I am sure you have been called worse, if not I can help you with that.

3. You were wrong for ganging up on people when you had numbers with you. I reciprocated the energy that you put out.

4. What the hell are you talking about??? You are the one that slithered out of the debate... that is why it never happened.

5. Of course you are not a victim for believing in gravity.... However, a blind belief in the theory of evolution can be detrimental, as I just proved. I am not sure why you are so confused about the way this ideology continues to be harmful to our people. But you have references now, you can learn more about theory and its ill effects. I think you may be trying to be snide about the books that I shared....rest assured, I have digested them all...

And you keep carrying on..... I will extend the olive branch again....

You asked me a question, I answered and you wont accept the answer. Now you're pretending to be captain hero over some dumb ? and you still haven't replied to my answer and explained why you wont accept it other than you thinking it's "ambiguous". Basically, you failed at trying to "clown" me. And big ? ? , you can call me worse but it still wont advance your argument so call me all you want, tough guy. If you can continue the debate then do it. If I'm wrong, I'd like to know so I can at least learn something out of this other than the fact than you're a vengeful ? .

P.S. I wasn't wrong for anything. There are clearly 4 (give or take a comment or two) atheists and 4 or more theists in that debate. If you want to count, go back and look. It only appears we were ganging up on them because their arguments were weak.
  • Bodhi
    Options

for what reason? Out of emotional rage? Do you feel embarrassed about how I came at you in your thread? I defended our people and you had nothing else to say about it.

No rage... sometimes I use the arguments of my opponents in order to better understand and challenge it, not just on you, but myself also.

I think I may have been too harsh brother..... you did not fail your people, I used a poor choice of words on that one. I apologize....

My main concern is my people buying into the evolution theory without a good understanding of it. I have seen too often brothers cosigning the theory to their own detriment. You are an intelligent brother, I hope my challenge has opened a desire to learn more about the theory.

HOTEP

However, I would be interested in seeing what you would have answered with if I had asked you the same question

• bambu
    Options

HOTEP

However, I would be interested in seeing what you would have answered with if I had asked you the same question

A vengeful ? ???.... I think it comes from me reading too many books...

I brought this argument to you because I respect your intelligence brother..... This is indeed one of the most difficult arguments for a supporter of evolution that is of African descent. We tend to look at differentiation of the races as "defects" or recessive (inferior) traits. However, Europeans see the adaptations as natural selection or evolution. It places you at a disadvantage due to the fact that if you support natural selection you have to apply it to the races. In doing so you unwillingly cosign European superiority. As the "newest" race, the European embodies the natural selection that is outlined in Darwin's theory. They suggest that the lack of melanin and physical stature compared with the African has created an advanced level of intelligence. Although you and I know this is ? , there is a 400 year old body of "evidence" that is growing daily to support their theory.

I have seen some argue that there is not a large enough degree of differentiation between the races to establish any natural selection, but this would suggest that somehow humans are unique in that the evolutionary processes does not affect them. Basically a divine intervention that halts the natural selection only at the human level. Kind of goes against the whole theory.

Of course the other argument is creationism, which I am sure you disagree with.

Does natural selection stop with humans, are we it? Or does evolution apply to the races?

You said "Blacks are better equipped, naturally to survive and escape a dead end in the evolutionary process. If anything, any "lead" that whites have was done purposely. That's what I think." That's also what I think....

Its kind of a loaded question, if you say evolution stops with humans then you also stop evolution, from what I understand this would be impossible or divine. On the other hand if you apply this process to the races, you begin to tread on thin ice with the "evidence" of modern European supremacy. (This is where you need the references I posted: The Bell Curve, Eugenics A Reassessment and research from the pioneer fund in order to fully understand the scope of European fuckery and also have the tools to deconstruct it). As you stated this was done purposely. However, purpose and intent are included in natural selection (the lion purposely camouflages in the long grass to catch his prey).

There seems to be a consensus about the harmful effects of eugenics, this is why the study has redefined itself as Bio-demography

The way that I address this argument is to embrace only this component of ID "certain features of the universe and of living things are best explained by an intelligent cause, not an undirected process such as natural selection" and then proceed to deconstruct every European theory in sight. Including Darwin's....

It works for me I am agnostic, but an atheist may have problems accepting that component of ID. You will no doubt learn your best argument when you become more familiar with some of the research surrounding the theory.

Excuse the titangraph, but I have spent a lot of time researching this subject and I am positive that Darwin's theory is detrimental to our people.

I will also make a thread concerning evolution and eugenics when I get some free time....

HOTEP

• Bodhi
    Options
    I brought this argument to you because I respect your intelligence brother.....

thank you. I'm at the hospital but I'll read the rest of that on my next break
  • Bodhi
    Options
    Personally, I would address the ? and lies from whites to support their racist theories instead of turning our backs on the best explanation, imo, for the origin of species. But I will have to give you a more detailed answer when I have the time to think more clearly. Give me about a day.
  • Bodhi
    edited July 2012
    Options
    In the meantime, what do you think about i.d. theories other than creation attributed to a creator ? ? For instance, the theory that life was seeded on earth from some distant location, or the theory of alien intervention?
  • bambu
    edited July 2012
    Options
    The only real aspect of I.D. that I can cosign is the one that I mentioned earlier. I kind of agree with the incorporation of the sciences and spirituality (kind of like in the ancient world), but I cannot get down with the rest of the Christian supported theory. Like I said before, sometimes this puts me in the same boat with the "religious right", but our beliefs are totally opposite.

I was real heavy on the alien intervention stuff back in the days when I read Bill Cooper's Behold a Pale Horse (1991). But since then I have pretty much let all of that go.

I understand that several creation stories mention that life on earth was seeded from a distant location or aliens, but I think that these can all be explained as mythological tales(no real extraterrestrial activity). However, there is one that I cannot pin-down yet. The Dogon (West African) tales of life being created from a distant star that Europeans only discovered in the 1970's is intriguing, but until I get some more understanding of the culture and story, I have to include it with the others as a mythological story.
  • Bodhi
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Describe in detail what your belief is as far as the creation process.
  • bambu
    Options
    I don't think that I will be able to get into real details for a few days.... I am vacationing with the fam....

I grew up in a military family...spent my younger years in Europe and Oceania...

Came here (South) in a baptist family, at Sunday school I remember questioning my instructor about "Jesus returning to all people of the world, at the same time...judgement day"..... because I was privilege to knowledge of the time zones at a young age, I knew something was up....

I have been questioning since grade school....

Detailing my philosophy about the creation process would take more time than I have now....
    But it is similar to my agnostic understanding of religion,

I questioned early and often... and I was pretty ? on the aliens theories for years, after that was no longer valid to me, I supported evolution, until that was no longer valid for me.

Since then I have been reading reading every creation story that I can get my hands on...

I also indulge in philosophy

The Vedas, Upanishads, The Way, Djeheuty's vision

I have dedicated my life to understanding these mysteries, but alas....

The more you know, the more you know you don’t know.
    —Aristotle

A gift and a curse... At the same damn time....
  • Bodhi
    edited July 2012
    Options

Does natural selection stop with humans, are we it? Or does evolution apply to the races?

Its kind of a loaded question, if you say evolution stops with humans then you also stop evolution, from what I understand this would be impossible or divine. On the other hand if you apply this process to the races, you begin to tread on thin ice with the "evidence" of modern European supremacy.

HOTEP

Tackling this question first requires that we understand evolution and how evolution occurs within a population.
    Considering the fact that the human species is spread across the entire globe in mixed environments, it's difficult to think that one particular race will evolve greatly over another. Human beings are fated to evolve together. Also, with what we understand about evolution, we know that rapid changes can occur in small and isolated populations. Natural selection being the mechanism I guess you could say, by which changes that are beneficial to that population are able to continue into future generations; for instance, the bat being able to evolve off the ground and take flight. From my understanding, the human population is too large for any rapid changes to occur, ESPECIALLY within one race. However, we are still evolving, but slightly (like as an example, immunity to diseases, life span, and height), and as ONE species, together.

• Bodhi
    Options
    That's why I wanted you to answer my original question that you never really provided an answer for: Where is the evidence that whites are superior to blacks?
  • Bodhi
    Options
    My theory is that whites will become extinct over time. As stated previously, blacks are better equipped to escape an evolutionary dead end. From my understanding of evolution, changes can occur and create branches that eventually end, for example Neanderthals. My theory stems from the idea that whites were "created" from blacks, being a branch that lacks the specific things that blacks carry and are able to continue because of. My other statement was that any "lead" whites have was created purposely, in example, the destruction and pillage of Africa, use of science, propaganda, and any tool able to prevent black people from realizing their true nature and being.
  • Bodhi
    Options
    Also human beings are, like I said, through interacial relationships, creating mixed races. Black is dominate.
  • Bodhi
    Options
    I think you misunderstood, though. I wasn't asking you for your background. I want to know what your theory of intelligent design is. Where does the universe come from? What is this intelligence that you credit for creation? How did creation take place?
  • Bodhi
    edited July 2012
    Options
    And since you are an agnostic, I will pose another question. An opinion that I've read is that agnosticism is intellectual fence sitting. I guess that you would say atheism amounts to arrogance. But I don't want to put words in your mouth. What do you have to say about that? And since atheism is lack of belief, agnosticism is lack of positive belief, both are imo forms of unbelief. Why agnostic as opposed to atheist or non theist?
  • bambu
    Options
    That's why I wanted you to answer my original question that you never really provided an answer for: Where is the evidence that whites are superior to blacks?

I still dont see why you disregard the "evidence" that I already posted from the pioneer fund... this may not blatantly state what you are looking for, but as I said these studies are now morphing to bio demography which is less conspicuous....
    51EAQX1KAML._SL500_AA300_.jpg

This is probabaly more of what you are looking for,
    newscientist.com/blogs/shortsharpscience/2009/09/did-early-humans-evolve-in-eur.html

nature.com/nature/journal/v449/n7160/full/nature06134.html

I will get at your other comments when I get some more time....

• bambu
    Options
    And since you are an agnostic, I will pose another question. An opinion that I've read is that agnosticism is intellectual fence sitting. I guess that you would say atheism amounts to arrogance. But I don't want to put words in your mouth. What do you have to say about that? And since atheism is lack of belief, agnosticism is lack of positive belief, both are imo forms of unbelief. Why agnostic as opposed to atheist or non theist?

There are several classifications for agnostics, I tend to fall in the agnostic theism camp....

You are right.... I do believe that atheism amounts to arrogance, unless you have some "proof" that there is no higher power in this universe....
    I think you misunderstood, though. I wasn't asking you for your background. I want to know what your theory of intelligent design is. Where does the universe come from? What is this intelligence that you credit for creation? How did creation take place?

The answers that you seek are, in military terms,"above your paygrade."

I still dont see why you disregard the "evidence" that I already posted from the pioneer fund... this may not blatantly state what you are looking for, but as I said these studies are now morphing to bio demography which is less conspicuous....
    51EAQX1KAML._SL500_AA300_.jpg

This is probabaly more of what you are looking for,
    newscientist.com/blogs/shortsharpscience/2009/09/did-early-humans-evolve-in-eur.html

nature.com/nature/journal/v449/n7160/full/nature06134.html

Would you like to take a stab at some of this "evidence?"

• Bodhi
    Options
    Unbelief in a supernatural being someone else made up to explain the world around us is not arrogance. It is thinking differently. If you cant answer my questions, I'm going to assume the question is above your paygrade. And I don't click links, sorry. Copy and paste please. But before you do, answer my posts and stop skipping around and answering what you feel like. Talk to me in your own words.
  • bambu
    Options
    ? please.....

I have tried to have an intelligent convo with you about evolution which sprang from a question you asked me about Wayne Chandler's Ancient Future.

But you do not have a clue about the theory that you blindly support. Kind of the same thing you have to say about most religions....

You don't click links???? you could have stated that from the jump.....

Feel free to bask in your ignorance. However, you should be aware of the theories that you support. Least you end up like, "ignorant followers of religion."
  • Bodhi
    Options
    Yeah thats what I thought. More of nothing. Have a nice day
  • bambu
    Options

Is Brooklyn in the house???.....not any longer...

^^^^ So long, coward......
  • Bodhi
    Options

Is Brooklyn in the house???.....

^^^ unnecessary and lame
This discussion has been closed.