Has anyone seen Cabin In The Woods yet???? 9.5/10

Options
silverfoxx
silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2012 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Just got back from seeing that movie, and im not going spoil too much but let me say its really worth it. It is also surpisinly funny as ? and i think this will go down as a classic for this generation of horror films. I encourage the I.C. streets to go see that ? , there are too many twists and just know the fourth wall is broken like a ? lol.

9.5 10. best horror movie for entertainment value and replay value i seen in years.

Comments

• silverfoxx
    Options
    ? is good fam.
  • FroHawke
    FroHawke Members Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    Options
    ? you man, you gonna make me lose a shitload of money in the comin weeks. I gotta see Think Like a Man, 21 Jumpstreet and now this one too. lol
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Saw good ratings on it every where else too.. Ill see it down the road.
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    ? has heavy replay value IMO.
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote:
    Just got back from seeing that movie, and im not going spoil too much but let me say its really worth it. It is also surpisinly funny as ? and i think this will go down as a classic for this generation of horror films. I encourage the I.C. streets to go see that ? , there are too many twists and just know the fourth wall is broken like a ? lol.

9.5 10. best horror movie for entertainment value and replay value i seen in years.
    ? reminded me of drag me to hell and that snoop dogg movie bones. At first you like this gone be a sick ass horror movie. Then something just happens to make you ? the ? up and question is this really a horror movie? Then they do some sick ? to stop your questioning. I honestly like movies like that because you never know where they're going.

This movie was friday the 13, cube, wrong turn, resident evil, house of a thousand corpses, and the running man wrapped up in one movie lol.

• Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wasn't going to until a movie critic on the news was talking about how you shouldn't watch the trailer or anything related to the movie so as not to spoil it. It also had a Rotten Tomatoes rating of something like 97% or some rating wayyyy high. That's enough for me. My curiosity is peaked and I'll probably go see it today. I hear there's a twist or whatnot. Usually I'm disappointed by over-hyped twists but ..ya.. I'm still gonna put my money down and see it.
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote:

? reminded me of drag me to hell and that snoop dogg movie bones. At first you like this gone be a sick ass horror movie. Then something just happens to make you ? the ? up and question is this really a horror movie? Then they do some sick ? to stop your questioning. I honestly like movies like that because you never know where they're going.

This movie was friday the 13, cube, wrong turn, resident evil, house of a thousand corpses, and the running man wrapped up in one movie lol.

lol Son they set the standards for other horror movie directions. The movie concept was creative, funny,questionable, and slick as ? to me.
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    Would you say it is this generations "Scream"?

Naw lol its something more unique. Its not a slasher type film.
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I saw it today, I like the premise but its not really a twist its more so the wizard behind the curtain...but without giving it away the wizard behind the curtain is to the extreme to the point where its just flat out rediculous like really the movie went from this to that.....too much of a stretch. Rotten tomatoes really jump the gun wit that high rating. And I gotta disagree the humor was ehh a better example of horror mixed wit horror is HATCHET, tour guide >>>? head....Average horror flick with potential....

the movie went ghostbusters towards the end, and y was that control room where they let,the ghost loose not heavily gaurded
  • clairvoyance
    Options
    My bad I thought I the 'S' was the spoiler icon
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yo i just saw this ? . did not disappoint. i like the way they kept letting you think you had it figured out but would pull off another surprise right until the end.

also i saw it in a theater that served drinks which was nice.
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    i gave you a GOAT. u lucky to watch that movie with served drinks fam, trill ? .
  • JJ 1975
    JJ 1975 Members Posts: 336
    Options
    Haven't seen it yet. Glad it's dope, I'll check it.
  • PiffyHaze
    PiffyHaze Members Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i swear them creatures was bugged the ? out.

overall good movie
  • clairvoyance
    Options
    yall trippin wit that corny mortal kombat ending,evil gods??? really???
    man too each is own im done w/thread
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn, really that good? Usually horror movies suck badly. I'm gonna need to see this next week.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

rofl Scream was wack.

Anyway glad to hear positive things about this movie as the Horror genre has been ? for years now and nothing but mediocre remakes.SMH@ what they did to Nightmare on Elm Street.
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    All I Can Say Is Go To See With Movie With An Open Mind
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    It was a good movie, but it is being overhyped. 90 something % on Rotten Tomatoes? This movie? Nah. Maybe my expectations were too high going in. It was cool, I would even recommend seeing it. Really. Cool concept. But people talk like its the horror version of The Shawshank Redemption or The Usual Suspects or some ? .
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it was alright.Not enough horror characters got into action.The end is dumb, but I get the whole parody thing.the end isn't explained enough to me.I won't rush to see this again
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mad Jack wrote: »

rofl Scream was wack.

Anyway glad to hear positive things about this movie as the Horror genre has been ? for years now and nothing but mediocre remakes.SMH@ what they did to Nightmare on Elm Street.

Scream is the ?
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL@ Scream being wack, that was a masterpiece and realize it's impact on smashers AND the impact on it's popular spin-off parody movie.
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A very polarizing film. many will either love it or hate it. i happen to fall into the former category. very reminiscent of the evil dead. i can tell this will garnish a cult following over the next few years
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was pretty decent, I'd go so far as to say good. Creatively they get 4/4, but past that it just wasn't my cup of tea. It reminded me of some Resident Evil type stuff mixed with 13 Ghosts ( CITW is better than 13 Ghosts)....seemed more of a man's horror movie. I wouldn't want to watch it again but I can see why the guys really like it.

And the twist is not as big as people are making it out to be. It wasn't really a twist, just a gradual unfolding that goes in an unusual direction.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'ma have to check this out