Why Did Reasonable Doubt Flop When It Came Out?

Options
124»

Comments

• harry knucklez
    harry knucklez Members Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When Jay first came out, I honestly thought he was Foxy Brown's protege.
  • tb_
    tb_ Members Posts: 232
    Options
    maybe cause its overrated? *waits for jigga warriors imminent backlash*
  • PK_TK_187
    PK_TK_187 Members Posts: 2,240
    Options
    best debut from a rapper in hip hop history
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I tried to tell you cats last year that Reasonable dought had Dead presidents, D Evils, Brooklyns Finest and the friend or foe and that's about it. You cats acted like Aint No ? was some dope ass joint when the song in question was condoning Trickin and captain saving ? and that kinda mentality is what's wrong with Males today. For men to like that joint I dont undertand it. The beat on 22 twos is wack as ? , song number 2 had some ? ass beat that was from my parents generation....I mean damn....I cant understanmd why yall think that ? is a classic when in reality it's like his 4th or 5th best album at best
  • 704Hustla
    704Hustla Members Posts: 838 ✭✭✭
    Options
    also there aint even nothing original about reasonable doubt...ya'll must of never heard of doe or die which also went gold..jay-z was just swagger jackin off AZ and Biggie..only Jay-Stans hype up reasonable doubt cause they want him to have that "classic 1st album" like the other great NYC rappers..but it isn't
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nobody outside ny listened to that ? it was the gangsta era pac had that year on lock, nobody wanted to hear fake dope tails all the big dope boys were still on the street jay z was irrelevant.
  • coolc31
    coolc31 Members Posts: 517 ✭✭✭
    Options
    mc317 wrote: »
    Nobody outside ny listened to that ? it was the gangsta era pac had that year on lock, nobody wanted to hear fake dope tails all the big dope boys were still on the street jay z was irrelevant.

I was in NC when it came out & plenty of people were listening to Hov...at least the people around me. Ain't No ? put him on the map & the college ? were loving it. Dead Presidents was a banger & was getting plenty of play. I can't speak for any other place, but the Greensboro/Charlotte area was on it.