Say beautiful women of the IC , what yall think about dreads?

Options
Fooley
Fooley Members Posts: 1,467 ✭✭
edited July 2010 in The Powder Room
Would you mind if your s/o had dreads? do you like or dislike them? If you dislike them, say why.

Comments

• Blue Virgo
    Blue Virgo Members Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Hmmm...maybe not using "hoes" will get you some answers.
    Just a tip.
  • the_underground
    the_underground Members Posts: 1,561 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I have them and I love them. Black women look beautiful with them. For men: you have to have a certain personality and face in order for them to work. Wouldn''t mind. They're sexy on the right man, i.e. Eric Benet.
  • DarcSkies777
    DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    *answers question anyway...

35902399989974006633179.jpg

4c1bf3e7de1ed.jpg

Dont mind at all..long as they look like this and their dreds dont smell like dust...
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Uppin cause I got dreads now.
  • BabyBugatti
    BabyBugatti Members Posts: 9,173 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    i really dislike dreads..might even go as far as to say that i detest them.
    they urk me
    i dont like braided hair on guys either..like cornrows, but i could deal with that

some guys with afros look good, but nothing beats a nice clean cut and a fresh line up.
    i couldnt be with a guy with dread.
    unless i met him before the dread and it was on some super real love ? or something.
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Moreno.S wrote: »

^^^^^^^^

Oh and by the way, that's a pretty pic of you Moreno.
  • Meet The Sniper
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Moreno.S wrote: »
    they urk me
    i dont like braided hair on guys either..like cornrows, but i could deal with that

some guys with afros look good, but nothing beats a nice clean cut and a fresh line up.
    i couldnt be with a guy with dread.
    unless i met him before the dread and it was on some super real love ? or something.

You're cool people fam, I'm going to dismiss this ? as you being african and in England.
  • BabyBugatti
    edited July 2010
    Options
    thanks cali :)

sniper.. :/
  • Reina B
    Reina B Members Posts: 2,190 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    As long as you don't have what we call in the islands "natty dread locks" or "doo doo dreads" then I don't mind. I have locs and I keep em neat, styled, and clean.
  • simplyspeaking
    simplyspeaking Confirm Email Posts: 2,195
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I have dreadlocks, so of couse i think they're beautiful.
    I LOVE them on men ! ! !

^^^^^^^^^ nuff said.
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I've seen some sexy men with dreads but I don't really like them.
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    hmm. never expected to see so many females in here that dislike dreads. i thought alot of females like dreads? but maybe thats the problem. maybe i need to travel outside of florida
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Ounceman wrote: »
    hmm. never expected to see so many females in here that dislike dreads. i thought alot of females like dreads? but maybe thats the problem. maybe i need to travel outside of florida

Don't come to the westcoast. It's not something alot of girls are feelin out here.
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Don't come to the westcoast. It's not something alot of girls are feelin out here.

True..I think the bay area is into dreads tho.
  • the_underground
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Another point is that people think that dreads are boring and can have no style to it. Not so.

You can style your dreads into a mohawk, french braids, cornrows, and all types of cool styles. I think that dreads open up so many possibilities for people to be creative. That's why I think that they are attractive. Use your hairstyle to your best advantage, and don't make it boring.
  • Ounceman
    edited July 2010
    Options
    True..I think the bay area is into dreads tho.

Thats what i thought. i saw a dvd about the hyphy scene in the bay and alot of those dudes over there had dreads. but from what iheartcali wrote, it seems like outside of oakland it must not be big over there like it is here in florida
  • Meet The Sniper
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Another point is that people think that dreads are boring and can have no style to it. Not so.

You can style your dreads into a mohawk, french braids, cornrows, and all types of cool styles. I think that dreads open up so many possibilities for people to be creative. That's why I think that they are attractive. Use your hairstyle to your best advantage, and don't make it boring.

Visual reference?

Mohawk?

I don't get how having dreads is any more boring than having a regular ass cut. Aside from fades and points (most things girls don't even notice) the only difference between cuts is 1. if the hairline is ? 2. how far they are between their next cut.
  • the_underground
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Visual reference?

Mohawk?

I don't get how having dreads is any more boring than having a regular ass cut. Aside from fades and points (most things girls don't even notice) the only difference between cuts is 1. if the hairline is ? 2. how far they are between their next cut.

I saw them being done in Botswana. They style dreads very differently there.
  • yung_mulah
    yung_mulah Members Posts: 93
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I love dreads my boo is getting some
    im so excited lol
    I like ones that are taken care of and look nice, not the ones where they just let em do their own thing
  • SimpleKomplexity
    SimpleKomplexity Members Posts: 276
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Depends on how well they're kept ex: PHP497FC0B3AE3F0.jpg << Darnell Dockett's Yes
    PulledDreads.jpg <<Chris Johnson's No
  • rose.amoureux
    rose.amoureux Members Posts: 2,046
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Some guys pull off dreads better than others. For the most part though, I like them.
  • junegemini
    junegemini Members Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    my man has dreads and i love them
  • BabyBugatti
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Depends on how well they're kept ex: PHP497FC0B3AE3F0.jpg << Darnell Dockett's Yes

both.
    no.
  • dj expanium
    dj expanium Confirm Email Posts: 3,581 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I used to have dreads in high school, before I cut them off for "Vince Carter" NC look.
  • Ounceman
    edited July 2010
    Options

LOL. chris johnson embodies the true definition of a florida ? . the way he sports his dreads are the same way a lot of ? down here sport them. thats when i can really tell whether somebody is from down here or not. more often than not when people from other parts of the country have them, they are well kept. dudes down here on ther other hand rock them in the "palm tree fashion"