So is this the last year Madden has the Exclusivity????

Options
KingJamal
KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
Exclusivity
In 2004, EA signed an exclusive license through 2009 with the NFL and the NFLPA to give the company the exclusive rights to use the NFL's teams, stadiums, and players in a video game.[28] The deal, reportedly worth $300 million and later extended to 2013,[1] has been widely criticized. This exclusive license prevents other official NFL video games. Some competitors, such as the Blitz: The League series, have elected to continue, seeking to distinguish themselves through innovative gameplay while others, such as the NFL 2K series, have ceased production. In 2007, 2K Sports released All Pro Football 2K8, which used former NFL stars.

Hopefully they don't extend that ? again. I'm so sick of that ? .

Comments

• bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Man NFL 2K5 was my ? . They used to let RB's truck the ? outta EVERYBODY haha. Hope it does come back cuz I think when it came out it was only $20, and it was a real good game. That would ? Madden up if they did that again.
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    all pro football 2k8 was trash......who want it in madden?
    drop your gamertags
  • KingJamal
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Man NFL 2K5 was my ? . They used to let RB's truck the ? outta EVERYBODY haha. Hope it does come back cuz I think when it came out it was only $20, and it was a real good game. That would ? Madden up if they did that again.

Madden been garbage for soooo long bruh
  • bankrupt baller
    Options
    king caught feelings and flagged me
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • KingJamal
    Options
    king caught feelings and flagged me

U can leave my thread now
    EA is ?
    WTF @ that sig
  • bankrupt baller
    Options
    so nobody want it huh?
  • bow to royalty
    Options
    I stopped ? with it after I think 09. ? started gettin too offense heavy. I like playin defense
  • KingJamal
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I stopped ? with it after I think 09. ? started gettin too offense heavy. I like playin defense

Man I stopped in 07. I was like ok this ? is just a roster update.
  • bankrupt baller
    Options
    the newest one is actually pretty good....the hitstick though was better in the original xbox versions.....
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To much offense not enough defense. I don't know why I still play. Never buy it though.
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    madden 12 is a good game...people are just never satisfied
  • FroHawke
    FroHawke Members Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    Options
    freehuey89 wrote: »
    they need some competition. ? breeds innovation. the superstar mode sucked ? for the past few years

Wish I could give you a million GOATs. Could not agree more...competition will keep EA on their toes, and that only helps the fans.
  • bow to royalty
    Options
    G Mack wrote: »

I played it a little then stopped ? with it. ? favored offense too much. WR's out there breakin tackles like a damn fullback. Everyone just beasted on defenders. AND EA changed their ? so you can't get a used game and play it online. ? that forreal.
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The only thing worse than Madden '12 was NCAA Football '12.

we need 2k back on that football ? .
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2K never had a college football series did they? I remember 989 sports had NCAA Gamebreaker. While I'm on 989 sports...

NFL Gameday>>>>>>>>Madden
  • Cosmic_Cannon
    Cosmic_Cannon Members Posts: 526 ✭✭✭
    Options
    If this is true, I'm ecstatic as hell, Madden is garbage, and I haven't bought it since Madden '09. Hopefully, 2k Football will put crews in it, like they did for NBA 2k.
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    2K never had a college football series did they? I remember 989 sports had NCAA Gamebreaker. While I'm on 989 sports...

NFL Gameday>>>>>>>>Madden

They didn't, but I mention NCAA Football '12 because both Madden and NCAA are made by EA Sports.
    And while I'm on the topic of EA Sports, EA Sports needs to make a game like college hoops '08 again.
    ? was GOAT.
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Madden 12 is actually good, they finally upped the AI for the secondary but it's still very offense heavy. I remember Madden 03 the Truck Stick was so easy that the first contact person always went down as long as it wasn't Ray Lewis.

Still they need some improvements. Namely in playing the ball in the air, the corners go dumb as ? , Playing against Calvin Johnson is just a ? nightmare.
  • SupremeXXV
    SupremeXXV Members Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options

It's a cool game because it's football, but some ? in the game is just stupid...I've seen Mike Vick get hawked down by ? D-Lineman...I mean it be like Julius Peppers or somebody like that, but he's not going to chase Mike Vick down from behind *pause*...I've seen Pat Willis keep up stride for stride w/ Desean Jackson...Darrelle Revis getting ? on by slant routes or go routes...Like, that ? just shouldn't happen.
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    Options
    SupremeXXV wrote: »

It's a cool game because it's football, but some ? in the game is just stupid...I've seen Mike Vick get hawked down by ? D-Lineman...I mean it be like Juluis Peppers or somebody like that, but he's not going to chase Mike Vick down from behind *pause*...I've seen Pat Willis keep up stride for stride w/ Desean Jackson...Darell Revis getting ? on by slant routes or go routes...Like, that ? just shouldn't happen.

Why you playing on Rookie dog.

Revis is ? annoying to play against. And if he was pressed at the line, Patrick Willis CAN keep up with Desean stride for stride as long as Desean doesn't reach top speed. Patrick Willis is fast as ? .

I gotta co-sign you on the D-lineman thing though, they do be hawking outta nowhere.
  • SupremeXXV
    Options
    SupremeXXV wrote: »

It's a cool game because it's football, but some ? in the game is just stupid...I've seen Mike Vick get hawked down by ? D-Lineman...I mean it be like Juluis Peppers or somebody like that, but he's not going to chase Mike Vick down from behind *pause*...I've seen Pat Willis keep up stride for stride w/ Desean Jackson...Darell Revis getting ? on by slant routes or go routes...Like, that ? just shouldn't happen.

Why you playing on Rookie dog.

Revis is ? annoying to play against. And if he was pressed at the line, Patrick Willis CAN keep up with Desean stride for stride as long as Desean doesn't reach top speed. Patrick Willis is fast as ? .

I gotta co-sign you on the D-lineman thing though, they do be hawking outta nowhere.

I play online so they got the All-Pro level on there, you can't jam ? at the line w/ Revis fam...? be getting off the press and be by him in no time...And I know Willis is fast, but come on...He's not keeping up with Jack...Not in real life anyway.

• SupremeXXV
    Options
    Like EA needs to find a way for a players height/weight to play a part with speed...It's like a guy that's 6'2 and 250 can keep up with a guy that's 5'10 and 165 because they both have 93 speed.
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1. I co-sign ending this exclusive deal because NFL 2K5 is still competing with the latest Madden's. Hell, Madden just got Total Control Passing in '10 when 2K had that ? since 2K1 if I'm not mistaken.

2. The speed ? can be turned off in Madden. There's a slider for how big of a disparity you want between the fastest and slowest players. By default it's turned up to keep the game competitive. Turn it to zero, and watch the game open up. Scores will look like basketball games though if you have teams with fast WRs and go against a blitz heavy defense.

3. All Pro was horrible because of the tiers. Jerry Rice + Any QB = 84 points per game running all hail marys. Conversely, the running game ate ass regardless of the back and defense didn't exist. I think 2K would get on their ? with the NFL License. 2K5 for $20 is still the greatest gaming purchase I've ever made outside of Perfect Dark and Ocarina of Time on N64 as far as longevity and fun.