Slap
Slap Members Posts: 23
edited April 2012 in The Reason

Comments

• Neva_Change
    Neva_Change Members Posts: 385 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    This is fact. I just listened to them again, and they're garbage. Both of the singles. I don#t give a ? about lyrics. You just can't enjoy listening to those lame ass 80's sounding beats.. The Don is the worst out of the two and I'm shocked at how badly his music has declined since Stillmatic.

Other singles like Made You Look, Got Yourself A Gun and even Get Down were wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better this trash. The album is gonna be the nastradamus sequel.
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nasir Jones doesnt care about good beats.

image.img.jpg
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ca21 wrote: »
    Nasir Jones doesnt care about good beats.

image.img.jpg

rofl at Austin Powers not knowing what the ? to do or say next and them cuttin to Chris Tucker big eyeball ass lookin just as confused
    that was a hilarious lil moment
  • sonsofscotland
    sonsofscotland Members Posts: 239 ✭✭
    Options
    I didnt like the beat, but lyrically he's always pretty dope, constant.... but he cant pick a beat.
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nasty is dope the don is dope ? dope Hiphop is dead dope SD is dope coulda been better no doubt seems to me you hating homie
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    n.mcfly wrote: »
    Nasty is dope the don is dope ? dope Hiphop is dead dope SD is dope coulda been better no doubt seems to me you hating homie

or the ? just don't like the ?
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nosign. The Don is fire! The beat, the lyrics, everything! Step your speaker game up if you can't hear how dope that ? sounds with bass.
  • BK Product
    BK Product Members Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is fact. I just listened to them again, and they're garbage. Both of the singles. I don#t give a ? about lyrics.

And I stopped reading.......here.

Yup.....
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nasty is very average for Nas. Don is Bananas!!
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "The Don" and what else?
    I only heard "The Don" and "BGL2" but the Nasaholics claim its not gonna be on "Life is Good" so I guess the other single is "Daughters" (which I haven't heard). But I agree, "The Don" is ? wack and ? be like "it's dancehall influenced" and all this other trivial ? ...the last time I remember ? attempting to spit on a "dancehall/reggae/what the ? ever you wanna call it" track was back in the early/mid nineties, and it was popular then...and the last time I heard rappers spitting on "dancehall" tracks was on that Def Jamaica compilation LP in 2003. I like Nas, been a fan since 1994, his rhymes stay sharp but his beat selection sucks. My dude been suffering from the Canabis syndrome for 10 yrs now...
  • FrankOceanIsGay
    FrankOceanIsGay Members Posts: 402
    Options
    Yawn.. At least the throne coming with some new heat
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I ? with both Nasty and The Don...smh at these cornballs wanting him to spit on some Euro laden beats or some corny down south sounding trap ? .
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    seems like this thread is full of the type of people that wont accept that bp3 is trash
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nas da Don, Nas da Don, Nas da Don ..

Inna New York City, Inna New York City ..
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cosign thread, not feeling either singles but i will still check for the album. Nas has been completely ass in making singles since ? Son, dude is asking for a flop album.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol at you lame ass Nas stans talking about Euro beats, just because a ? ask for a ? to chose better beats doesn't mean techno/electronic beats. Why can't he just complimentary beats to his lyrics, why can't this fool run to a NO ID, Kanye, Justice League,etc. Spend some money and stop getting some no name producer or Salaam Remi wack beats.
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nasty could have had a better beat, but I still like the song. The Don is pretty cool though, I didn't expect Nas to put something out with a dancehall vibe to it.
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Nas da Don, Nas da Don, Nas da Don ..

Inna New York City, Inna New York City ..

New Yorks girls dem are bad over we.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xoxqcP28bo
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    lol at you lame ass Nas stans talking about Euro beats, just because a ? ask for a ? to chose better beats doesn't mean techno/electronic beats. Why can't he just complimentary beats to his lyrics, why can't this fool run to a NO ID, Kanye, Justice League,etc. Spend some money and stop getting some no name producer or Salaam Remi wack beats.

the No ID track is coming May 1
  • choppa_style
    choppa_style Members Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is fact. I just listened to them again, and they're garbage. Both of the singles. I don#t give a ? about lyrics. You just can't enjoy listening to those lame ass 80's sounding beats.. The Don is the worst out of the two and I'm shocked at how badly his music has declined since Stillmatic.

Other singles like Made You Look, Got Yourself A Gun and even Get Down were wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better this trash. The album is gonna be the nastradamus sequel.

"Get Down" wasn't the single from ? 's Son, "Made You Look" was. The single from Street's Disciple was "Bridging the Gap."

Personally I think "Made You Look" and "Got Yourself a Gun" were hot beats.
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    is anybody surprised the amount of Jigga Warriorness in thread?
    i listened to the Black Album yesterday, ? 's still dope
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    The don grew on me, I didn't like it at first. I think nasty is dope. Black girl lost is trash no defense of that song by me.
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jamaica wrote: »
    The don grew on me, I didn't like it at first. I think nasty is dope. Black girl lost is trash no defense of that song by me.

same. if black girl lost doesnt make the album then he's 2 for 2 to me
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black Girl Lost Is Just a Song Dude Said it prolly wont make the Cut

...Nasty is Classic ...

...The Don Is The Jam .....

So Watchusayin?
  • bigrizz
    bigrizz Members Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    Options
    If you dont care about lyrics then what you listen to rap for? Nas is still teaching kids how to rap all these years later and dudes will have to step it up regardless of what he sells