Lets keep it 100: The ? was the wrong ones on Do The Right Thing

Options
zay_24
zay_24 Members Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭
edited April 2012 in For The Grown & Sexy
This ? Sal offered a fresh big ass slice of cheesy pizza for a low price, with a big ass cup of coke if you wanted it, ? even made deliveries. The only blacc person in the movie to have a real job was Mookie, and that was because of Sal. Smh @ this ? buggin out usin all the cheese then got the nerve to get an attitude. Radio Raheem was spittin knowledge to us about Love & Hate earlier in the movie so we know he was a logical dude with common sense, but still chose to have a ? moment and got himself killed. and fucc that stuttering bastard.

Im with the italians on this one

Comments

• Anti_matter
    Anti_matter Members Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought the same ? .

Raheem was being rude by blasting his music loud as ? inside the restaurant.

• Da Roc
    Da Roc Members Posts: 57
    Options
    LOL. That was the point of the movie. Spike wasn't picking sides. Radio and them was wrong, but Sal was only in business b/c of blacks, so they kinda had a point. Just wanted some respect back from Sal.
  • jsnowpro
    jsnowpro Confirm Email Posts: 157
    edited April 2012
    Options
    i watched it a long ass time ago. can't remember specific scenes, but i remember not ? with the ending. mookie didn't have to do that ? .
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rosie Perez was sexy as hell IMO. Love her fiesty azzz in that movie.
  • jsnowpro
    jsnowpro Confirm Email Posts: 157
    Options
    couldn't stand that ? voice
  • zay_24
    Options
    Da Roc wrote: »
    LOL. That was the point of the movie. Spike wasn't picking sides. Radio and them was wrong, but Sal was only in business b/c of blacks, so they kinda had a point. Just wanted some respect back from Sal.

They could've ate somewhere else.
    Rappers only sell like 70% of their albums because of craccas, does that mean we owe them a shout out?
  • Mr.Player
    Mr.Player Members Posts: 224 ✭✭✭
    Options
    watched the move&ya the italians where right hell im black&even i was like ? all u had 2do was turn down the radio&ya ass would be alive now then on top of that how you gonna come into another persons place&disrespect like that if i was sal i would of popped that ?
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anybody else not feeling that particular usage of the N word ?
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah, i always thought that whole situation could have been avoided, but Spike was just tryna show you how thinks can bubble up in the hood, seemingly when it was all good just a second ago
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lil Loca wrote: »
    Everybody was doing something wrong in that movie. Pino was openly racist while Sal was a closet racist and scheming on Mookie's sister. The cops killed Radio Raheem when he was only a kid and could be restrained. Yes, Radio and Buggin Out did go about it the wrong way, but their thinking about Black pride and Black empowerment was right.

This is exactly what I disagree with. Black pride and black empowerment is right, but it doesn't have to come at the cost of class and civility. Too many people believe that you have to be a ? to show black pride. That's not true. We'd accomplish much more by being strong in our convictions while maintaining our decency.
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    7fIG wrote: »
    Example?

• SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    7fIG wrote: »

yeah he basically meant "? ".
  • WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sal was right them kids was raised on his food. Sal should've put Sammy Davis up on the wall to appease the negros but at the end of the day its his business. Raheem came in there disrespectful
  • f15cherfool
    f15cherfool Members Posts: 36
    Options
    I like when they do the race name calling
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sal was not right.he was a racist in a black hood living off them while calling them ? behind their back and Raheem wasn't wrong
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IDK what type of ? yall are or crackas
  • Bulletproof Wallets
    Bulletproof Wallets Members Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mookie should have took his Jordans off before starting that riot. I know he felt bad when he went home and ? were scuffed up.
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    13X wrote: »
    So y'all cosign interlopers getting money in your neighborhood and trying to ? your sisters?
    I wonder y the blacks take so many l's...

Preach my nig.
  • Bustamove
    Bustamove Members Posts: 133
    Options
    Yoo... I just watched this movie 2 saturdays ago. I was ? at that ignorance at the end. How are you going to walk into another person's business, demanding ? , and causing a disturbance? I was mad at Mookie (or Spike) when he participated in trashing the restaurant, and making the blacks look like low-level hoodlums. That's how Spike felt he was doing the right thing?! How could anyone sympathize with a group of people continously made to look violent?

I almost closed the movie file, but decided to wait till the end. That's when I saw the Malcolm X or MLK quote, and then I thought I understood what the message was. But for Spike to be acting in the movie, and doing what he did, was a major WTF.
  • Da Roc
    Da Roc Members Posts: 57
    Options
    Bustamove wrote: »
    Yoo... I just watched this movie 2 saturdays ago. I was ? at that ignorance at the end. How are you going to walk into another person's business, demanding ? , and causing a disturbance? I was mad at Mookie (or Spike) when he participated in trashing the restaurant, and making the blacks look like low-level hoodlums. That's how Spike felt he was doing the right thing?! How could anyone sympathize with a group of people continously made to look violent?

I almost closed the movie file, but decided to wait till the end. That's when I saw the Malcolm X or MLK quote, and then I thought I understood what the message was. But for Spike to be acting in the movie, and doing what he did, was a major WTF.

Mookie started the riot so everybody wouldn't turn on Sal and his boys and ? them, because right after they took Radio away, everybody blamed Sal for Radio's death, and they were getting ready to mob him.

Even though Mookie was ? at Radio's death and probably wanted Sal to suffer, he did the "right" thing by turning the heat from Sal to his restaurant. He actually saved their lives. If he had spoke up for Sal's defense, the crowd probably would've turned on him too.
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? 's not real.

Indeed it is, worse ? happens everyday
  • Bustamove
    Bustamove Members Posts: 133
    Options
    Da Roc wrote: »
    Bustamove wrote: »

Mookie started the riot so everybody wouldn't turn on Sal and his boys and ? them, because right after they took Radio away, everybody blamed Sal for Radio's death, and they were getting ready to mob him.

Even though Mookie was ? at Radio's death and probably wanted Sal to suffer, he did the "right" thing by turning the heat from Sal to his restaurant. He actually saved their lives. If he had spoke up for Sal's defense, the crowd probably would've turned on him too.

ok, i could see that...
  • bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Radio Raheem, did he ? somebody???
    ? Tha Holice!!
  • zay_24
    Options
    Lets see...

Sal offers good ass pizza at a cheap price. Radio Raheem and Buggin Out come in making a disturbance. Blaccs wrong

Sal tells Raheem to turn down the Radio. Raheem Refuses. Blaccs wrong

Sal breaks the radio after warning Raheem not once, but twice to turn it down. Raheem almost chokes Sal to death. Blaccs wrong again.

You see what I'm saying? Sal didn't start the ? so why should he thank mookie for "saving his life" lmao, ? didn't do anything wrong.