Time Travel

Options
VIBE
VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2012 in For The Grown & Sexy
Do you think it's possible in the future to time travel? Do you think were working on this? They say that if they find this "? particle", or Higgs Boson, that we will be one step closer to time travel.

What affects will this have if we can time travel within 20 years?

Comments

• BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    O hell no, humans aren't being given the wisdom of time travel for a while. Unless some miraculous event occurred and the planet was awakened. We;re pretty stupid for being intelligent creatures.
  • VIBE
    Options
    Being given? By whom?

Couple years ago there was a crazy spectacle in the sky. It was the blue spiral in Norway...

blue-spiral-light-norway.jpg

Explained away as a failed rocket, but that seems like such a silly answer. I've seen tons of footage of failed rockets, they don't spiral in a circle perfectly then black out the sky. I think it's an experiment with a wormhole. They say you need to bend light, and in order to do that you need to spin the right particles in a circle and it should open up. This spins, then seems to open wide into a "black hole". 2009 was the sighting and explanation, and in 2011, 2 years later the same ? is happening over and over.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm a fan of VIBES threads, you watch the same ? I watch, there saying ufo's could be time travelers, at the end of the day nobody knows what these ufo's are, we just assume that they are aliens from another galaxy but do we know that for sure? All we know is theres something out there with technology lightyears ahead of ours, I would love for some ? to go down before I die tho, so many questions and theorys I want answers.
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ancient Aliens just went off. They were saying how these "alien" sightings might not even be aliens. But instead humans from the future who have travelled back in time to our time. Interesting concept that kinda makes sense.
  • VIBE
    Options
    Yeah, many threads of mine are influenced by what I watch. Ancient Aliens has actually gotten pretty ? now but interesting still. Time travel is a crazy thing the fathom especially if you think were being visited by ourselves from the future. I highly highly doubt it, I can't even begin to understand it. I think that wormholes are a possibility, the fact that it works within the theories of physics and the fact that they spend millions of dollars on machines to find certain particles to create wormholes, is proof enough it's within our reach. The question is, how does it work?

Can we go backwards or forwards, if so, how far? This would become such a powerful weapon it's ridiculous. You could go back and alter the outcome of something or go into the future and take it's ideas to force our technological evolution to evolve faster. I think we've reached that, in 2011 they said they were close to finding the "? particle", I actually made a thread about it that flopped. Harnessing time travel would forever change us. Dec 21, 2012 is said to be many things, one of them is a new age in our lives, this could possibly be such a find we find out about during that time.
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    O hell no, humans aren't being given the wisdom of time travel for a while. Unless some miraculous event occurred and the planet was awakened. We;re pretty stupid for being intelligent creatures.

word...our minds can't even handle simple race relations yet we trying to time travel? Naw...some secrets of this world cannot be revealed because of our selfish greed for power and to obtain ? like status

• fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Us, the average everyday citizen would be completely ignorant if time travel ever became possible. A discovery like that would be kept a secret from like 99% of the population. ? would be way too ? powerful
  • TheFix
    TheFix Members Posts: 778 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »

word...our minds can't even handle simple race relations yet we trying to time travel? Naw...some secrets of this world cannot be revealed because of our selfish greed for power and to obtain ? like status

• edwardnigma
    edwardnigma Members Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not this generation of ? ....I'm with atheist and Dr chemix on this one.
  • Mr.Player
    Mr.Player Members Posts: 224 ✭✭✭
    Options
    even if we did the goverment would turn it into a business and make a profit off it they wouldnt just give this ish away for free bru
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No, many theories for time travel assume the Universe, galaxy, solar system, and Earth are static.
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    how the ? would "time" slow down?
  • frostyicy
    frostyicy Members Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Time Travel...........

condescending-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-306.gif

Lets be serious.
  • ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    best believe someone is working on it;
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    ATTS wrote: »
    best believe someone is working on it;

lol this gif would be funny if sombody made him turn super sayin while doin this..
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Not too mention the countles time paradoxes that will occur with the butterfly effect
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Maybe years years from now
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Time travel doesn't equal conspiracy theory.

Time travel is a plausible idea.

The world getting attacked by mutant zombies is not.
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    lol @ ? not believein in religion but belivein in time travel....

also 1 human being has billions of atoms in them the power of one atom seperating causes great damage... so breakin all those atoms down then having 2 put them back 2gether (correctly 2 i might add) would destroy this solar system...
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who's to say the past isn't available?

What if we were the past of our future self?

Who's to say time isn't a continuous cycle on a permanent timeline?

We're able to go back using light waves and map out the spread of galaxies.

Time travel might not be ale to happen now but hundreds maybe thousand of years from now, who knows.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2012
    Options
  • VIBE
    Options
    how the ? would "time" slow down?

Travel faster than the speed of light, there's particals that do that.