is it selfish to be in a monogamist relationship?

Options
iluvfathoes:)
iluvfathoes:) Members Posts: 120
edited April 2012 in For The Grown & Sexy
Think about. isnt it selfish to keep one person all to yourself, they cant talk to the opposite sex,look at,drink with,smoke with,party with etc its considered cheating if u do that with another person if u are in a relationship. Wasnt men born to be in polygamy n spread their seed? I think we are generated n forced to b with one person because you will rediculed if you decide to have more den person

Comments

• KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Think about. isnt it selfish to keep one person all to yourself, they cant talk to the opposite sex,look at,drink with,smoke with,party with etc its considered cheating if u do that with another person if u are in a relationship. Wasnt men born to be in polygamy n spread their seed? I think we are generated n forced to b with one person because you will rediculed if you decide to have more den person

What the ? ????
  • SnowBunnySmanger
    SnowBunnySmanger Members Posts: 277 ✭✭✭
    Options
    1. What is natural is not necessarily what is proper or right. Do not commit the is-ought fallacy.

2. People have needs and desires, and if they need and desire someone to be there for them then as long as the other party understands this there is nothing wrong with monogamy so long as the tacit agreement is understood.

3. Unconditional love is, as far as I can see, almost non existent. People live their lives to advance themselves and those they care about. Everything they do is motivated towards things of that nature, so love will reflect this.
  • jsnowpro
    jsnowpro Confirm Email Posts: 157
    edited April 2012
    Options
    ... nvm. i c what ur saying

• SnowBunnySmanger
    Options
    I've only seen unconditional love between parents and their offspring. I am yet to see it else where.

That does not mean it is not out there though, I am just unaware of it.
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Me either I see it between parents and their offspring...but haven't seen it between other people in relationships. Relationships are social constructs its a learning experience at the least. I think both people have to CHOOSE to be monogamous....its not some religious rite....
  • Louis Cipher
    Louis Cipher Members Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    to answer your question: no...its not selfish. its a choice that 2 people make to only be with each other.

the older ive gotten the more i see the pros to being in a monogamist relationship

being with somebody who cares about you as much as you do about them...who only wants to be with you...spend time with you...is an awesome thing...marrying my wife is one of the best things that ive ever done...is it perfect? no...is she perfect? no..and i know that im not perfect. but the thing is i think that we are perfect for each other...
  • SnowBunnySmanger
    Options
    Being in a monogamous relationship is not necessarily seflish, just as being in a polyamorous one is not necessarily selfless.

If one were to be engaged in a monogamous relationship for someone else's benefit rather than their own, it would not be very selfish would it?

Like wise, if one were to be engaged in polyamory solely for their own interests and benefits, then it would be pretty damn selfish now wouldn't it?
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You are a ? idiot.
  • SnowBunnySmanger
    Options
    Why am I an idiot?
  • King_Me
    King_Me Members Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Huh?? Why not just stay single and do whatever the ? you want.
  • Da Roc
    Da Roc Members Posts: 57
    Options
    Lying to someone, telling them they're the only one in the world for you one minute, and then smashing or even flirting with somebody else the next minute is selfish.

Making your money, and putting it in your bank account instead of taking it and spreading it around ain't selfish. Not wanting to share your brand new ride with others ain't selfish. That's self-preservation. Same thing with relationships.

You wait all your life for someone you would ? for, and work hard to build something special with them. Who would want to share something they put their energy into every day with others that probably won't appreciate it like they already do or don't deserve it?
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was speakin @ the author of the OP but if you want to wear that .. be my guest
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    being in any type of relationship is selfish & self serving in a way
  • DreadsRIGHT
    DreadsRIGHT Members Posts: 300 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Its totally against nature but i wouldn't call it selfish if its mutual.

If its not mutual then you clowning yourself for being in a monogamous relationship.
  • iluvfathoes:)
    Options
    Its totally against nature but i wouldn't call it selfish if its mutual.

If its not mutual then you clowning yourself for being in a monogamous relationship.
    being in any type of relationship is selfish & self serving in a way
    seem to be the only ones that understand where i am coming from.
  • iluvfathoes:)
    Options
    we was(men) meant to have multiple wives and kids. these women are to selfish in the this century, but they still wanna be married n get extra ? on the side too smh. A woman cant do what man does that's why women and men relations are so ? up in this generation
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Idgaf he's mine ? off.
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Idgaf he's mine ? off.

Mobile goated...lol