Did I overreact

Options
Darkcrusader3.0
Darkcrusader3.0 Members Posts: 153
edited April 2012 in For The Grown & Sexy
ok, yesterday I picked up my girl to go to the movies....and she comments that you just got all the new clothes and you arent wearing any of it(recently bought like 3 new pairs of shorts and 3 shirts). It was moreso how she said it then what she said. The bigger problem to the picture is she questions so much of what I do, that its very irritating. She comes from a family where everyone is in each others business and has to know every little thing and my family is completely different. I mean like when I go over to my mom's or we go out to eat. Instead of my girl asking did you have a good time. She is like I want to know everything that ya'll talked about. Anyways lastnight I got ? turned the car around and took her home because it caused a fight. The funny thing is we have had this conversation before...its like when ever I get new clothes if I dont wear it right away she wants to know why...where as im like why the hell does it matter. I hardly if ever question her about anything but when I do her response is im judgemental.

Comments

• Louis Cipher
    Louis Cipher Members Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1 question:

1. other than this do you enjoy your time with this broad?

your answer to this will determine the advice i give......
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    post pics so we can determine if the dumb ? is worth putting up with
  • Da Roc
    Da Roc Members Posts: 57
    Options
    No, I wouldn't say so. That day must've been one of your "I ain't in the mood to f*ck with" type of days. And if you got that ? off at her, you did right by taking her back home instead of letting tension build up for the rest of the night.

However, with that said, unless your girl started getting brand new on you, you had to have already known she's one of those inquisitive chicks when you first started talking to her. If that ish didn't bother you enough to stop dating her, why would it now?

If you gotta ask if you overreacted or not, you must've said something to her that's making you feel ? about it. Gone ahead and apologize, but hold your ground about her aggravating you with "21 questions" every hour.
  • Darkcrusader3.0
    Options
    1 question:

yes I do enjoy our time together, but my number 1 complaint about her is she ask so many damn questions but being around her family I see why she is that why because her mom stays in people's business as well as other family members. My family is the complete opposite

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Darkcrusader back? I guess we can expect threads like. "should I get a private loan and use that to buy a car". "what's the best cellphone plan". "My homeboy is only with his s/o for 6 months yet he proposed to her already"

Oh to answer your question you didn't overreact
  • Darkcrusader3.0
    Options
    Jamaica wrote: »
    Darkcrusader back? I guess we can expect threads like. "should I get a private loan and use that to buy a car". "what's the best cellphone plan". "My homeboy is only with his s/o for 6 months yet he proposed to her already"

jamaica, its a new day and a new darkcrusader...this is the 3.0 version

• fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jamaica wrote: »

jamaica, its a new day and a new darkcrusader...this is the 3.0 version
    LOL:
    fD7JX.png
  • Louis Cipher
    Options
    1 question:

yes I do enjoy our time together, but my number 1 complaint about her is she ask so many damn questions but being around her family I see why she is that why because her mom stays in people's business as well as other family members. My family is the complete opposite

ok...then you just have to deal with it then...this is how she was brought up...you have to learn to diffuse the ? when she does it and not let it bother you...

i do this with my lady all the time...when she about to start some ? ...i switch it up...and change the subject...now it doesnt always work...but it does most of the time...

when i feel myself starting to get heated...i go into deflect mode
  • Darkcrusader3.0
    Options

[/quote]

ok...then you just have to deal with it then...this is how she was brought up...you have to learn to diffuse the ? when she does it and not let it bother you...

i do this with my lady all the time...when she about to start some ? ...i switch it up...and change the subject...now it doesnt always work...but it does most of the time...

[/quote]

I feel where you are coming from, i do try to change the subject...but then she gets mad because I ignored her question. To me if Im not wearing my new clothes that obviously means I didnt want to wear them at the time....plus we were going to the movies at like 1130pm...why put on some fresh new clothes to go to the movies so late....and sit in the dark. the main thing is how she words it

• Amotekun
    Amotekun Members Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bump that ? dude. Your girl's state of mind is something that she was brought up in, and you weren't. My question is if you are unhappy with the situation why are you still subjecting yourself to it?

Tell your girl, don't argue, don't fight. Tell her straight up I don't see this working out if you keep being all up in my business, that's not how I do things. Give her options. She'll either choose to consciously rid herself of that behavior or she will choose to ignore it. In that case drop her ass because it only gets worse as time goes on. You are a young man, don't feel like you have to put up with a woman's ? . There are other girls out there who don't have traits that annoy you on a molecular level. She not your soul mate bruh. You'll live.
  • Allah_U_Akbar
    Allah_U_Akbar Members Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • frostyicy
    frostyicy Members Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So did she buy you some new clothes or did you buy you some new clothes???

Females will trip when they buy you some ? and you don't wear it on yall first date after she's given it to you.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    u underreacted...shouldve put her out and told her to kick rocks
  • Cinco
    Cinco Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did u smash when u dropped her off or no....?
  • Louis Cipher
    Options

[/quote]

I feel where you are coming from, i do try to change the subject...but then she gets mad because I ignored her question. To me if Im not wearing my new clothes that obviously means I didnt want to wear them at the time....plus we were going to the movies at like 1130pm...why put on some fresh new clothes to go to the movies so late....and sit in the dark. the main thing is how she words it

[/quote]

bruh...

woman logic: why he aint dressing nice for me?...he must be wearing the new ish for another bish....

thats how emotion has'em thinking
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    why is she so preoccupied with your new clothes? you ask her what the problem is?
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ahhhh

that young love...

• Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dig deeper, ask her what's really bothering her.
  • Beezus
    Beezus Members Posts: 15,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ok I gotta c/s this. I not the type to tell my fam my whole business as well. Ex in the other hand did. I don't like that questioning ? . Like I'm being interrogated.
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Things like that can lead to serious distrust... I bet she probably thinks you dont tell her alot of things... Drop her for a more secure chick, its not worth the stress
  • JJ 1975
    JJ 1975 Members Posts: 336
    Options
    It's a chick thing. They want details of everything. Don't they realize men do not work that way? It's not that I don't care, it's that it is not my priority to ask my chick every detail of her every moment. My girl and I argue about this same situation.
  • Darkcrusader3.0
    Options
    JJ 1975 wrote: »
    It's a chick thing. They want details of everything. Don't they realize men do not work that way? It's not that I don't care, it's that it is not my priority to ask my chick every detail of her every moment. My girl and I argue about this same situation.

this sums us up perfectly....my gf whats all the details to every thing that I do....and when I ask her why she is like that she says its because she cares about me. We have had plenty of arguements over this one subject....and things dont seem to be getting better

• Tommy_Milfhitta
    Tommy_Milfhitta Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thats broads 4 u dunny. They feel like because u ? with them they are entitled 2 know EVERTHIN about u. Once dated a broad who wanted to kno everything and cud nva accept a brief answer.