Why do Slaughterhouse just Rap about how they better than everyone?

Options
DiplomatsCam
DiplomatsCam Members Posts: 159
edited April 2012 in The Reason
Isn't good Lyrics largley based on what you say? wether it's Conscious, Emotional, Personal, Political, Deep whatever lane Rappers take in what they gonna Rap about isn't what you are saying in the Lyrics important in judging good Rappers and Slaughterhouse lacking this why do their fans give them a pass?

Sure they can have there fair share of tracks saying nothin but just bragging about how they the best in the entire Song, but to get respect or taken seriously do they not have to have atleast 5-6 Songs on an Album with Substance, with a Concept saying something in the Lyrics wether connecting to the lisner making them relate or even just telling a Story? to give them that balance

That it just half the challange having Substance and Content you also have to pick good Beats, craft good Choruses to compliment the Lyrics and Message of the Song but isn't at this stage their priority should be to learn how to Write Meaninful Lyrics?

Comments

• damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cuz thats " hip hop".... in the 80's thats what most mc's did... (ironically they all 30 +)
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only person in that group 100% guilty of that is Crooked, and that's only cuz I never heard his whole catalogue. The other three got songs with different content. And Joe Budden is one of the most diverse mcs out if you heard his whole catalogue. I mean, LL is consider a GOAT, but most of his songs are about chicks and how great he is. Rap is about bragging, and yes, lyrically them dudes are among the best out. Their beats suck tho.
  • DiplomatsCam
    Options
    2pac had the balance of Personal/Emotional mixed with Political tracks and the Gangsta Rap/Street tracks and the Club joints

Eminem has the balance of Personal/Emotional tracks the crazy Slim Shady comedy/shock type tracks and Political tracks

Nas has the balance of Conscious/Political tracks and Street/Gangsta tracks

NWA had the balance of Conscious tracks and Gangsta Rap tracks

So what direction are Slaughterhouse gonna go? Songs are remembered for what is said in the Lyrics amongst other things too but mainly that so if they never craft good Songs not just a few odd here and there but a good portion of Songs with Substance/Depth/Meaning how are they gonna be remembered as good Rappers?
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    why dont you just go the ? away?
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^^^^nice ass pic
  • yeah i rap so don't
    yeah i rap so don't Members Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    Only person in that group 100% guilty of that is Crooked, and that's only cuz I never heard his whole catalogue. The other three got songs with different content. And Joe Budden is one of the most diverse mcs out if you heard his whole catalogue. I mean, LL is consider a GOAT, but most of his songs are about chicks and how great he is. Rap is about bragging, and yes, lyrically them dudes are among the best out. Their beats suck tho.

At least you admitted to not hearing his music, but to throw a false claim before that negates that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezas6kEKl3w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCzmmqEsMkk&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixhaGIdWahA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j1S_8Q3Q94
  • DiplomatsCam
    Options
    Lab Baby wrote: »

As a group they really lack a good portion of Songs with Substance, and Content solo wise it's diffrent but even saying that Joe Budden, Royce or Joel haven't been succesful as far as careers even making Music with Substance and saying somethin in the Lyrics that's not a diss to them but it's a fact so that says the public don't feel even as solo Rappers when they have Content don't feel they are good Songs.

Other groups wether people feel who is better is irrelevant be it Dipset, D Block, G Unit who as a group never had Lyrics with Meaning them self the problem is when those groups did the bragging, we the best, trying to entertain the listeners with out saying anything the public actually liked it since those groups had a good level of success. With Slaughterhouse even their just bragging Lyrics ain't got them anywhere near the success these other groups did.

• DiplomatsCam
    Options

That's what childish people say when they can't debate or have no valid points to make about Rappers they like. It can't be a coincidence so many people who listened to Slaughterhouse have all said this very same thing. So you saying that just screams you right i'm upset and can't dispute the points.

So for Slaughterhouse to be succesful wouldn't it make sense if they addressed this problem people say about them then if they fail sales, gaining a big fan base wise, making memorable Music atleast thabn they could say we atleast failed trying our best to craft Songs with Substance the public just didn't like it. Rather than failing and going out with out trying cos you can't have over 5-10 Albums saying nothing in the Lyrics.

Furthermore when Artists retire and listen back to the Music, the Cds they released and when they not in the business, non biased reality hits them and they think wow i Rapped and i had an underground fan base but i really didn't say much in my Lyrics, i didn't have a great deal of Songs actually saying somethin and they would regret that.

It's about balance the general public realize it's easy to Rap anyone can rhyme but the hardest thing is crafting Songs with Meaninful Lyrics.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options

That's what childish people say when they can't debate or have no valid points to make about Rappers they like. It can't be a coincidence so many people who listened to Slaughterhouse have all said this very same thing. So you saying that just screams you right i'm upset and can't dispute the points.

i found the bolded funny considering you've threatened to ? people and insulted their mothers when they've made valid points against your fav. rapper that you couldn't dispute

i dont like slaughterhouse music that much outside of a few songs, but i do respect their individual talent. for a group that music has has limited subject matter, they have a pretty large fanbase.
    So for Slaughterhouse to be succesful wouldn't it make sense if they addressed this problem people say about them then if they fail sales, gaining a big fan base wise, making memorable Music atleast thabn they could say we atleast failed trying our best to craft Songs with Substance the public just didn't like it. Rather than failing and going out with out trying cos you can't have over 5-10 Albums saying nothing in the Lyrics.

Furthermore when Artists retire and listen back to the Music, the Cds they released and when they not in the business, non biased reality hits them and they think wow i Rapped and i had an underground fan base but i really didn't say much in my Lyrics, i didn't have a great deal of Songs actually saying somethin and they would regret that.

It's about balance the general public realize it's easy to Rap anyone can rhyme but the hardest thing is crafting Songs with Meaninful Lyrics.

maybe they dont wanna appeal to the masses like jay, em, drake, kanye, etc. maybe they dont want to sell millions of records. maybe they're comfortable in the type of music they make.

maybe their fans dont want them to change a damn thing

maybe what gives slaughterhouse satisfaction is that the music they make pleases and is accepted by their niche fanbase
  • Ajax McJones
    Ajax McJones Members Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭
    Options
    they make songs about being better because they are better than 95% of todays rappers.
    but that aside, lets wait and hear the new album before we pigeonhole them as battle rappers,
    they seem to be showing more range..
    youtube.com/watch?v=rz_wZ39JpmE