HIPHOP Media killed hiphop, NOT the artist..

Options
therealdapdon
therealdapdon Members Posts: 5
edited April 2012 in The Reason
Bad Music has always been around, but in the golden era, bad music would not see the light REGARDLESS OF FUNDING... now everyone's plan is to PROFIT.. if you pay me, I'll push your "trash"... Lack of INTEGRITY is killing the genre!! http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_13080566

Comments

• king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can co-sign that
  • blackbloc
    blackbloc Members Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    i co sign this that the media dose hurt hiphop, but hiphop is not dead
  • yeah i rap so don't
    yeah i rap so don't Members Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've seen this coming for a while now
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Its part of the problem so I can agree with that.
  • CirocObama
    CirocObama Members Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    You know WHY it wouldnt see the light back in the day? Because the same media you're blaming now didn't see any profit in it, but they do now..and WHY is it that they're seeing a profit there now? Because of the fans and the artist. Stop blaming the media all the time it's old.

The reason why it exists more now than before has to do with the dumber audience especially. The same reason we're hearing more garbage music now is the same reason we have been seeing more reality show star famous for nothing, not because of media but because there is a market for people like them. There is an audience that actually are fans of Kim Kardashian, Snookie adores them and watch their shows.

The End.
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Or maybe people just like the music that's being played?
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    oh great this ? again i'm starting to see why the young cats are so sensitive with all this old school belly aching. like we didn't have wack ? .
  • therealdapdon
    Options
    Wackness has existed forever... I never said wack music didnt exist in your old days lol ... Media creates the demand, the radio plays what theyre paid to play, if a fan is only exposed, or disproportionately exposed to wack music, they're being influenced by the media. What gets old is greedy ppl not steppin up and accepting their role. Its not blaming the media, its acknowledging the downside to what they bring. Im sure the media can help in some other ways.
  • therealdapdon
    Options
    Snookie only knows of Kim Kardashian, because some media personnel, decided Kim was worth airtime!!!
  • CirocObama
    Options
    Snookie only knows of Kim Kardashian, because some media personnel, decided Kim was worth airtime!!!

smh
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damn how do you quote the t/s lol cosigning this one heavy ;)
  • antarticp
    Options
    CirocObama wrote: »
    You know WHY it wouldnt see the light back in the day? Because the same media you're blaming now didn't see any profit in it, but they do now..and WHY is it that they're seeing a profit there now? Because of the fans and the artist. Stop blaming the media all the time it's old.

The reason why it exists more now than before has to do with the dumber audience especially. The same reason we're hearing more garbage music now is the same reason we have been seeing more reality show star famous for nothing, not because of media but because there is a market for people like them. There is an audience that actually are fans of Kim Kardashian, Snookie adores them and watch their shows.

The End.

honestly the audience has always been dumb ... its just like the t/s said ... the integrity is gone folks could careless about QUALITY and are shooing for QUANITY ... people natually respond to ignorance all people do from the super ignorant ones to the super inteligent ones ........... the proof is in watch how people react to a public fight vs public love .... people will swarm towards the fight to get a glimpse and most folks may look but will keep walking away from the love like its not even going on
  • blackbloc
    blackbloc Members Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

why do so much hiphop fans get mad that artist they dont like for what ever reason find success? also why get mad if the artist you like doesn't? as long as the y are making new songs or have songs you like what the problem? what determine what so called quality music is? music is entertainment ; if your looking for more like education or news you looking in the wrong place .
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The End.

Go to college and take some marketing classes bud.

Who do you think create the market?
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T/S is correct. In hip hop all the artist with the ability to adequately promote are either rich off dope or sponsored by some dealers. Its all a movie to them folks
  • CirocObama
    edited May 2012
    Options
    antarticp wrote: »

The End.

honestly the audience has always been dumb ... its just like the t/s said ... the integrity is gone folks could careless about QUALITY and are shooing for QUANITY ... people natually respond to ignorance all people do from the super ignorant ones to the super inteligent ones ........... the proof is in watch how people react to a public fight vs public love .... people will swarm towards the fight to get a glimpse and most folks may look but will keep walking away from the love like its not even going on

So u just said the same ? i said? That since there is a market for it there is a media for it. That's what i said. Like i said you ? aint no professors or scientist thinking y'all smart with these conspiracy theories and all that. Like i said there is a market now that responds to all that dumb and weak ? so therefor it exist..the media didnt CREATE it, which is what t/s is saying if you dumb ? really learn how to read.

antaricp you my ? but you disagreed with me but then you went on to claim the same point i was making..which basically proves that my point was right.
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The media is a reactive agent that responds to the people's mood. If majority were into the boom-bap material, those type of artists would get radio spins, interviews, music video replays, etc. Why can't people accept that people's tastes change, and that taste in music is subjective?
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Will_89 wrote: »
    The media is a reactive agent that responds to the people's mood. If majority were into the boom-bap material, those type of artists would get radio spins, interviews, music video replays, etc. Why can't people accept that people's tastes change, and that taste in music is subjective?

No you are wrong.If a song plays 200 times a month it means someone is paying for that ? to play so damn much....So it´s not totally subjective unless the market is open and it shows all types of music.Boom bap lost it´s place because of that not because it sucks.
  • DreadsRIGHT
    DreadsRIGHT Members Posts: 300 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea its the audience that according to yall "ruined hip hop"

The people buyin that ? so its simple supply and demand. If the audience demanded that classic 90's music the industry would pursue and promote those acts.
  • antarticp
    edited May 2012
    Options
    antarticp wrote: »

The End.

So u just said the same ? i said? That since there is a market for it there is a media for it. That's what i said. Like i said you ? aint no professors or scientist thinking y'all smart with these conspiracy theories and all that. Like i said there is a market now that responds to all that dumb and weak ? so therefor it exist..the media didnt CREATE it, which is what t/s is saying if you dumb ? really learn how to read.

antaricp you my ? but you disagreed with me but then you went on to claim the same point i was making..which basically proves that my point was right.

i guess you can say that cause we both have the same end result but we dont have the same start ... the point i was making was the market always existed ... back in the day folks were very religious and faithfull and just had too much integrity and respect for self to ? the pervertedness ... but thats the history of music ... if you go back all music originated from gospel ... GODS MUSIC ... even then folks knew there were people who would enjoy the devils music but folks knew what the results would be and held thier integrity as people to not go that route .... as time went on and new generations were birth ... we had folks who would have a different thinking and would persue those avenues reguardless of tradition ... similar to what you see today with hip hop ......

but yes i agree with ya just wanted to note that it "always existed" its just acceptable today ... and its gonna get looser and looser as the years go on and new generations are birth ;)

• Dat1Dude7
    Dat1Dude7 Members Posts: 448 ✭✭✭
    Options
    u made 2 different cases in your OP

you talked about the media then u talked about integrity

i have been saying that zero integrity has severely hurt rap music.
    start from the bottom.
    rapper gotta buy a beat. if a beatmaker said "im only selling beats to dudes who got skills", the game would be better, but nope. you got beatmakers giving everyone a beat who bring money to the table.
    then we got the engineer.
    they hear the song before any of us. all they gotta do is have some ? integrity and say "i aint recording this ? . take your money and get out my studio"
    nope. they record whoever got the money.
    then the dj.
    what they playin? whoever got 300-600 dollars to give them for the week. thats who they playing.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    It starts with the label that pushes the trash, then the DJ takes money to play the trash, then then the media support the trash, because they get paid, then the ppl buy into the BS and buy some of the trash.

There has been a loss of integrity starting w/ the artist, but most of those artists either think what they're doing is good or is gonna make them money.

The Dj's learned to take doe, cuz they have seen artists get rich off them w/ no compensation so they will play who pays and the music suffers

Without a label to let the trash get out the trash rapper would be at home jerking off to wshh Honeys
  • J. Daniels
    J. Daniels Members Posts: 59
    Options
    Will_89 wrote: »

this is obviously true, to a certain extent. You cant say the media decides completely which music will be popular. Media outlets however, are dependant on advertising. Besides a regular ad, this can also be in the form of an interview or article with a certain labels artist, for which the label pays the media outlet. In a regular newspaper, this would probably be the end of that paper, were it to come out. And for good reason. In the entertainment media, this happens a lot more. Lots of exposure means you have a better chance of making it, but it still doesnt guarantee anything, as some people like to think.

Besides that, we all know what happened with the Source...

The media is just not objective, and you should realize it at all times.

• georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think it's true. Gotta co-sign this. It's not just this generation either. For example:

1) The media perpetuated an East vs. West war

2) The media kind of coined the term "gangsta rap" placing a negative stigma on a lot of Hip Hop music that was just telling stories not glorifying violence

3) In relation to point #2, the media coins a lot of colorful terms that divide Hip Hop rather than unify it. For example, the term "Backpacker".

These days Hip Hop media has become tabloid fodder. Not all Hip Hop media, but a lot of it. It's a shame that so called Hip Hop websites, blogs, and magazines gave coverage to Kat Stacks more than they do a lot of rappers. V-Nasty had several articles just because she dropped the N bomb. Ice T, a Hip Hop pioneer was given coverage for his reality show rather than his music. ? like "Does Waka Flocka look like Charles Barkley" are topics of discussion on Hip Hop blogs. Just today, I saw a discussion in regard to Kanye's line about Omar Epps and Mekhi Pfiefer regarding the similarities between the two. The music is being pushed to the background where the lifestyles of the artists is being pushed to the forefront.
  • Tru_Hitta
    Tru_Hitta Members Posts: 615
    Options
    cant forget the majority of fans endorse b.s music&artist like souljia boy&lil b