Why Did People Like 50cent&What Was His Downfall

Options
Tru_Hitta
Tru_Hitta Members Posts: 615
edited April 2012 in The Reason
oka im not gonna lie ive Never been a 50 fan from the min he came out. I listened 2 his whole 1st album tried 2 give him a chance but i cant stand the ? voice i wasnt feeling find me in the club non of that. only time i even paid attention 2 him is when he had beef&since the only time he won was when he went against ja rule imo so i cant ? with me. so i was wonder can yall tell me why people liked him or feeling him&what was his downfall 2 his current state that his in now.

Comments

• Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    His whole approach by beefing with everyone was a ? boy tactic to begin with. Once hip hop started unifying around 06 with Khaled, Ross, Wayne and them, that's when he started to take a fall. Starting a beef with one of the most peaceful dudes in rap (Ye) didn't help things either. His latest interview talking about Def Jam spiking sales put him further in the grave. That being said, his music was dope, especially the first two albums and POTD. His mixtape catalogue is legendary. Unfortunately his actions outside the booth really hurt his music, or at least people's perceptions of it. He put money and image over music, so that's his fault.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i like 50 still do but his music is just wack plain and simple so i stopped listening
  • Weazel
    Weazel Members Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's not ''did'' it's ''do'' IMO

Pre-world famous 50 Cent was a dope MC
    World famous 50 Cent, still a dope rapper

Downfall?
    Where?, when?
    Just a bunch of peeps jumpin' off the bandwagon

Sales?, oh the thing that 90% of the artist suffering from
    Aight
  • wmj710
    wmj710 Members Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All those beefs he started taking a few losses here and there and lost that invincible image that he had that people wher buying into
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    He became what he set to destroy, Ja Rule Part 2, and started too much ? .
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxRgc1bKV4s&ob=av2e

^^^the official end of the G Unit brand. The ? was these ? thinkin?

• Tru_Hitta
    Options
    lmao oka now at the risk of sounding late ummm why do people call him woodface?
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It felt good to root for an underdog and the climate during that era was Mixtapes Vs Mainstream and the mainstream was saturated with POPish sounding HipHop and 50 was bringing grimy and gutter beats & rhymes on those mix tapes.

Many people especially the suburbs liked his image, the dark-skinned, primitive shirtless ? prototype that was originally popularized by Tupac and then emulated to a lesser degree by DMX and Ja-Rule. The urban savage caricature....very popular dynamic for a sec.

They liked his background story of being orphaned and surviving a shooting, plus he was a purveyor of genocide and peddled minor amounts of drugs in his community so the fans exalted him as an authentic criminal.

Many also liked him because he was seen as Emenims side-kick and the droves of Emenim fans who solely listened to Emenim gobbled up his album and singles based on that association.

Many of us saw him as a savior of HipHop and the anti-JaRule so we celebrated his arrival.....then tragedy struck:

50-Cent began to sing-song just like Ja-Rule and then he called our Lauryn Hill a ? and dissed Ashanti, his clothing line became popular with wiggers, he dissed NY, he dissed the South, he neglected NY producers on "Beg for Mercy", he took ? pictures for GQ magazine and did a nude jail-house shower scene in his horribly rated dry-snitch movie GRODT, he dry-snitched on Murder Inc on 106th and Park and abandoned his most loyal friend Bang Em Smurf, he kissed Paris Hilton in the mouth and then Blackballed Styles P off of Interscope, he dissed the NY legends and laughed when Supreme was indicted, he then drew the ire of the West by beefing with Game, he praised George Bush and dissed Kanye West and then secretly recorded a phone call with Young Buck and leaked it to the media to ruin his street-cred, he made a cartoon dissing Fat Joe, he out three white males on a rap album in a desperate attempt to outsell his competitors, he started selling ? , he began to diss Diddy, and then he dissed Jimmy Iovine and it was over.

The beef-gimmick, lack of artistic growth, oversaturation, and pop-pandering alienated his core fan base until his album sales dwindled down to Gold numbers, once his handlers saw the backlash of his actions they concocted a scheme to ingratiate him in the hearts of our community with a feed Africa campaign but it failed to repair his image...the backlash from his white-woman fetish made him highly unpopular amongst the Black female demographic so he attempted to sign a Black female rapper to gain back their favor but it failed.

I think his downfall is a lesson for artists who think they are too big and will never fall off just because their initial hype generates a lot of record sales. I tend to respect the artists who sell a decent amount of records consistently over a long career than the gimmicky rappers who sell a lot of records and then fizzle out after a handful of albums.....LL Cool Js discography is the blueprint of longevity over hype.
  • mindright
    mindright Members Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Weazel wrote: »
    It's not ''did'' it's ''do'' IMO

Pre-world famous 50 Cent was a dope MC
    World famous 50 Cent, still a dope rapper

Downfall?
    Where?, when?
    Just a bunch of peeps jumpin' off the bandwagon

Sales?, oh the thing that 90% of the artist suffering from
    Aight

co-sign, I still like 50...

I may be in the minority, but I don't follow what's popular or who were suppose to be hating now
  • yeah i rap so don't
    yeah i rap so don't Members Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TS are you that clown "Mr.Player" man? If you are, why would you create a new alias? Were you banned?
  • Tru_Hitta
    Options
    TS are you that clown "Mr.Player" man? If you are, why would you create a new alias? Were you banned?

idk who that is
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I ? wit grodt and the massacre
    ? just ain't really made too many songs i liked since then tho
    it ain't like a ? jumped off the bandwagon, i kinda outgrew his ? i guess
    moved on to other ? or started ? with ? i was ? with during his time a lil tougher
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he was too cocky and his music wasn't good enough to warrant that attitude. if he was dropping classics after GRODT then he wouldn't have had such a big drop off. maybe if he would've been a humble dude he's be the underdog again since he can't get a hit these days.
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Everybody skipped the simplest reasons: he made the business more important than the music and revealed two music industry "secrets" to the mainstream.

1. Sales
    2. Formulas

He came out barking about sales after GRODT did astronomical numbers. No one focused on an artist flopping pre-50 unless the music was exceptional, and then the consensus was that people ? up by not supporting. Once he kept barking on sales, all the mini-mogul wannabes all over the internet rushed to make threads talking about 1st week numbers instead of the quality of the music and further crushed artists because they weren't selling.

50 then ? up and revealed formulas to the mainstream. "Every time he got a album dropping, he does this, this, and this. Trying to jump off like a promotional stunt." Then people start bombarding the net like, "? ! He does do the same thing every album release!"

Problem is, the same shots 50 fired were the same shots that hit him. GRODT numbers are great, but you only get to breakground once or twice as an artist unless you're Michael Jackson. You also can't adhere to a basic-ass formula like starting random beefs or saying ancillary ? every time you need promotion or the blind sheep who now see will spot you.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't see what is so complicate about this ? . 50 made a classic album and had the best movement in the game. His artists were also making great music. Then they started making bad music, combine that wit the fact that 50 is an ? who ? on half the game while he was on top and now you see why people don't ? with him anymore.
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    It felt good to root for an underdog and the climate during that era was Mixtapes Vs Mainstream and the mainstream was saturated with POPish sounding HipHop and 50 was bringing grimy and gutter beats & rhymes on those mix tapes.

Many people especially the suburbs liked his image, the dark-skinned, primitive shirtless ? prototype that was originally popularized by Tupac and then emulated to a lesser degree by DMX and Ja-Rule. The urban savage caricature....very popular dynamic for a sec.

They liked his background story of being orphaned and surviving a shooting, plus he was a purveyor of genocide and peddled minor amounts of drugs in his community so the fans exalted him as an authentic criminal.

Many also liked him because he was seen as Emenims side-kick and the droves of Emenim fans who solely listened to Emenim gobbled up his album and singles based on that association.

Many of us saw him as a savior of HipHop and the anti-JaRule so we celebrated his arrival.....then tragedy struck:

50-Cent began to sing-song just like Ja-Rule and then he called our Lauryn Hill a ? and dissed Ashanti, his clothing line became popular with wiggers, he dissed NY, he dissed the South, he neglected NY producers on "Beg for Mercy", he took ? pictures for GQ magazine and did a nude jail-house shower scene in his horribly rated dry-snitch movie GRODT, he dry-snitched on Murder Inc on 106th and Park and abandoned his most loyal friend Bang Em Smurf, he kissed Paris Hilton in the mouth and then Blackballed Styles P off of Interscope, he dissed the NY legends and laughed when Supreme was indicted, he then drew the ire of the West by beefing with Game, he praised George Bush and dissed Kanye West and then secretly recorded a phone call with Young Buck and leaked it to the media to ruin his street-cred, he made a cartoon dissing Fat Joe, he out three white males on a rap album in a desperate attempt to outsell his competitors, he started selling ? , he began to diss Diddy, and then he dissed Jimmy Iovine and it was over.

The beef-gimmick, lack of artistic growth, oversaturation, and pop-pandering alienated his core fan base until his album sales dwindled down to Gold numbers, once his handlers saw the backlash of his actions they concocted a scheme to ingratiate him in the hearts of our community with a feed Africa campaign but it failed to repair his image...the backlash from his white-woman fetish made him highly unpopular amongst the Black female demographic so he attempted to sign a Black female rapper to gain back their favor but it failed.

I think his downfall is a lesson for artists who think they are too big and will never fall off just because their initial hype generates a lot of record sales. I tend to respect the artists who sell a decent amount of records consistently over a long career than the gimmicky rappers who sell a lot of records and then fizzle out after a handful of albums.....LL Cool Js discography is the blueprint of longevity over hype.

WOWOWOW!!! Basically everything that is true. That caricature of gangsta rap is everything that is true. Fif really had problems for beefing with Wayne and Kanye. Like, actual mental problems. Like you said, that beef ? ended the east coast reign and ended gangsta rap as a whole. That's cancer.

HE actually said that ? about Lauryn Hill?
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if you actually think 50 started (and actively looked for) all these beefs, youre an idiot. only when it comes to 50 do people try to say its wack that someone always kept it real.

not to mention, even if he did, its always been a part of hip-hop to battle and put out diss records.. this generation is just soft as ? .
  • riddlerap
    Options
    i also think a lot of people who claimed to be a real "fan" of 50 never were, they just liked whats hot back in 03-05. those same people now are all over Wayne, Drake, etc.
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxRgc1bKV4s&ob=av2e

^^^the official end of the G Unit brand. The ? was these ? thinkin?

man if i were hot rod i would prob had dropped out the game ... this is actually an ill track and you got MJB on it ... come on son this was a WIN WIN situation ......... the production is crazy on this joint .....

• Tru_Hitta
    Options
    riddlerap wrote: »
    if you actually think 50 started (and actively looked for) all these beefs, youre an idiot. only when it comes to 50 do people try to say its wack that someone always kept it real.

not to mention, even if he did, its always been a part of hip-hop to battle and put out diss records.. this generation is just soft as ? .

everything you just said sounded like feelings to me idk 50cent that well im not a fan so i paid him no mind but i was wondering what other folks saw in him so i asked and 50 stays in beef i mean theres a difference between keeping it real&going after certain artist just to gain attention
  • antarticp
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »

cosign !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! all good things must come to an end sooner or later ;)

• antarticp
    edited April 2012
    Options
    side note i was a 50 fan pre GRODT ... i go way back to the life on the line and how to rob joints ... i was a major fan then ... waiting on that power of a dollar album ... however for some odd reason when fif was actually blowing up and about to sign with dre i wasnt much a fan ..... it wasnt like i didnt like the music but i just wasnt really checking for fif much @ that time ....... but i think everyone knows his downfall was burning too many bridges and walking around like his ? dont stink ...... now hes gotta save face with alot of dudes ... ALOT ... if it wasnt for fif really capitolizing off his popularity $$$$$$ .... he could of had really fallen off on some mc hammer ? ........
  • blackbloc
    blackbloc Members Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    once your on top people will always try to take you down. also hiphop is always looking for whats new. all artist take dips in sales from when they were at the top of their game/hype. so me one plat hiphop artist that still sell the same units the did when they are at the top.
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I used to be a fan when he first came out but after witnessing his behavior and the gimmicky side of his movement I was no longer a fan.

People have to understand that 50-Cent is and always was an artist who was controlled by Emenim and Jimmy Iovine once he signed to Shady/Aftermath/G-Unit.

Here's a little bit of trivia: Did you know that "The Massacre" was majority produced by white producers? Yeah when it first dropped we were tripping like wow this is the first time in history were a HipHop album by a Black artist has more white production than our own...true story do the research.

Here's some more trivia: Did you know that "Curtis" was the first HipHop album in history by a Black rapper that included 3 white males on it? True story, do the research.

50-Cent has never released an album that didn't include Emenim on a song and on production with multiple Dr Dre produced tracks....that's factual information. So when you see him in photo-Ops with Goldie Hawn, Bette Midler, Annylyne Mcord, Paris Hilton and Chelsea Handler it's not by accident, it's his responsibility and obligation.
  • riddlerap
    Options
    Hitta wrote:

everything you just said sounded like feelings to me idk 50cent that well im not a fan so i paid him no mind but i was wondering what other folks saw in him so i asked and 50 stays in beef i mean theres a difference between keeping it real&going after certain artist just to gain attention

heres the thing though, most of his beefs besides Ja (D-Block, Game, Nas, Dipset) were all towards people who were smaller and less relevant than he was at the time. it wasnt like he was going up against a giant and hoping to get more popularity from it. either way, most of his beefs, the other person did or said some ? first.