Anarchism explained in 10 minutes

Options
High Revolutionary
High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2012 in The Social Lounge
Most people when they think of Anarchy, think of a lawless society embroiled in complete chaos, but that's not Anarchy at all. Anarchy is a legitimate political doctrine and one I subscribe too. Here's a brief explanation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMHqJDh4fZY&feature=related

Comments

• KineticTypography
    KineticTypography Members Posts: 8
    Options
    Nice vid, forced me to think a bit!
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    props on this video. i too am an anarchist. when many people think of anarchism they go by the textbook definition of what it means. as in every man for themselves in a dog eat dog world. on the contrary, anarchism promotes social communication. just social interaction without a ruler. and it can be done as they were real life examples throughout history that followed this model. also the word libertarian comes from anarchism as that is what it always synonomous with in the classical sense up until recently
  • Mowgli3.0
    Mowgli3.0 Members Posts: 13
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Anarchism is a pit stop. When a group of demonic individuals band together and start gangstering everyne in a particular area the innocent will band together, elect a leader to lead them against these demons. They will win and then elect this man as their protector. The cycle repeats. Anarchism happens after the lineage of this leader loses sight of putting the people first, gets overthrown, and leaves the people to live in a power vaccum. Anarchism.

Its so demonic, friends.
  • High Revolutionary
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Mowgli3.0 wrote: »
    Anarchism is a pit stop. When a group of demonic individuals band together and start gangstering everyne in a particular area the innocent will band together, elect a leader to lead them against these demons. They will win and then elect this man as their protector. The cycle repeats. Anarchism happens after the lineage of this leader loses sight of putting the people first, gets overthrown, and leaves the people to live in a power vaccum. Anarchism.

Its so demonic, friends.

The first part of your scenario is basically what is the playing out in the world today. As for the conclusion a truly educated people would not allow this to pass, and a truly anarchist society would not cultivate it.

• Amotekun
    Amotekun Members Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All roads lead to entropy.

Men look to leadership which is why although I believe int he sovereign spirit of man I also know the frailties of the psyche.
  • And_So_It_Burns
    And_So_It_Burns Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just like socilaism, it has the people's intrest in mind but is impractical for many reasons and can only be sustained ideally for short peorids of time.
  • High Revolutionary
    Options
    Lil Loca wrote: »
    Most of my homies are anarchists. I'm cool with there being no hierarchical authority because it lays the foundation for classism, racism, and sexism. [.b]

Exactly, I feel like if anybody should embrace an anarchist paradigm it's black people. We've been getting ? over by
    the state since its creation.