Options
High Revolutionary
High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2012 in The Social Lounge

Comments

• Amotekun
    Amotekun Members Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Moral indictment doesn't work, but initiating an aggressive approach with a militarily and economically superior force i also not the correct approach.
  • High Revolutionary
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Moral indictment doesn't work, but initiating an aggressive approach with a militarily and economically superior force i also not the correct approach.

EDIT: I think one of the first things to do is get people to understand that they are living in an immoral society and system. And there is no justification for immorality.

• Amotekun
    Amotekun Members Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

EDIT: I think one of the first things to do is get people to understand that they are living in an immoral society and system. And there is no justification for immorality.

True but the operative word in enforce is force. Unless given some type of external impetus people are wont to do what they will, and that is often acting according to their baser selves. Morality implies enacting the spiritual side of man one that strives towards divinity and suppresses the savage within us all.

Not everyone believes in that spiritual side or even believes in suppressing are baser selves to elevate the collective.
  • High Revolutionary
    Options
    Ayn Rand on the NAP (non-aggression principle)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=tTOxelKRBGI

True but the operative word in enforce is force. Unless given some type of external impetus people are wont to do what they will, and that is often acting according to their baser selves. Morality implies enacting the spiritual side of man one that strives towards divinity and suppresses the savage within us all.

Not everyone believes in that spiritual side or even believes in suppressing are baser selves to elevate the collective.

Good points. I'm still mulling over this non-aggression principle thing.