Little known facts/rumors about movies/tv shows..

Options
Max.
Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2012 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Han solo-Al Pacino, Nick Nolte and Christopher Walken were all considered for the role of Han Solo. Even harder to imagine, supposedly Burt Reynolds turned down the role. Harrison Ford took the part and the rest is box office history.

Sean connery turned down the role of gandalf in lord of the rings...

A Fistful Of dollars- After considering Henry Fonda, director Sergio Leone offered the role of the Man With No Name to James Coburn, who proved too expensive. Charles Bronson then turned it down after describing it as the "worst script I have ever seen". Third choice Richard Harrison also declined the role but pointed Leone in the direction of "Rawhide". Leone then offered the part to "Rawhide" star Eric Fleming, who turned it down but suggested his co-star Clint Eastwood for the part. The rest, as they say, is history.

The matrix-will smith & Ewan McGregor turned down the role of neo.

Comments

• In Your Moms Room
    In Your Moms Room Members Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wack thread. Suck a ? and die slow. ? .
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Jackie Chan was suppose to play Wesley Snipes role in Demolition Man

Shrek was supposed to be Chris Farley. After he died it was shelved

• Anti_matter
    Anti_matter Members Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    OJ was supposed to be the T-800 Terminator.

James Cameron changed his mind because he thought OJ wouldn't be believable as a killer.
  • Anti_matter
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Spike Lee originally wanted Kobe Bryant to star in He Got Game but his schedule was too hectic.
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought Spike wanted AI...
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wonder if Will Smith regrets turning down that roll..
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Eddie Murphy turned down the role for Winston Zeddmore for Ghostbusters
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Daniel Day Lewis's character Bill the Butcher in Gangs of New York was originally offered to Jeremey Piven but he declined.
  • CitySojourner
    CitySojourner Members Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    -Jet li was supposed to be in the matrix sequels but turned down the film to star in "the one."

-Although Antoine Fuqua gets directing credit for "Training Day" him and the studio butted heads alot and Denzel took over directing duties for a HUGE chunk of the movie, more than 60%.

-Below is a spoiler for season 2 of "Boardwalk Empire"
    The real reason why Michael Pitts' character was killed off of "Boardwalk Empire" is because he's been known to have a serious drug problem and messed up alot of filming days by not showing up to set. Or, Pitt would show up to set so ? up that filming of certain scenes with him in it would get delayed and other actors would have to stand in his place for certain shots. The stories came from crew that worked on the show.

-The production company that was responsible for the movie "Battlefield Earth" falsely inflated the budget for the film and pocketed a big portion of the money that came from investors.

-In the movie "Heat" Al Pacino and Deniro never actually sat across from each other during the table scene with the verbal sparring.

-When M. Knight was rejected by a film studio to make "Lady in the Water" he began crying at the meeting.

-On the set of "Three Kings" George Clooney and the director got into a fist fight after the director grabbed Clooney by the neck over an argument about how extras were being treated.

-Same Director in "I Heart Huckabees" (It kicks in around 1:10)
    http://youtu.be/E4Qls1rAfYs

• A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    David Lynch was offered to direct Return of the Jedi but turned it down to direct Dune instead.
  • Valkyria
    Valkyria Members Posts: 120
    Options
    OJ was supposed to be the T-800 Terminator.

James Cameron changed his mind because he thought OJ wouldn't be believable as a killer.

lmao. ? . OJ showed his ass.
  • Anti_matter
    Options
    ocelot wrote: »

He wanted any NBA player that could still pass for a high school senior.

• needmorecash
    needmorecash Members Posts: 253
    Options
    i was at the barber shop watching ? bill
    they got some deleted scenes with michael jai white fighing David Carradine

i hear michael jai white and mike tysons are half brothers
    they have the same father.
    supposedly mike tyson father left his mother for michael jai white moms

i hear mike tyson doesnt speak with his father or brother
    notice they look a like and michael jai white played mike tyson in the movie
  • Max.
    Options
    Denzel Washington – Turned down the role of Curtis in “Dreamgirls”, the lead in “I Robot”, and it’s rumored he turned down the role of “Ray Charles” in Ray.

Martin scorSese was gona direct godfather 2...

Mel Gibson – Turned down the lead role in Gladiator. A role which landed Russell Crowe the Academy Award. Mel also turned down the part of Robin Hood in “Robin Hood Prince of Thieves.” Instead, that part went to a not very belieaveable Kevin Costner.

@city you got some good ones bruh
  • Max.
    Options
    John Travolata – Turned down the role of Forrest Gump.

Tom Hanks – Turned down the role of Ray Kinsella in “Field of Dreams,” Andy Dufresne in “The Shawshank Redemption” and the lead role in “Jerry Maguire.”
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    ocelot wrote: »

He wanted any NBA player that could still pass for a high school senior.

good ray was perfect for that role

lmaoo where did you get this from??? why would he even name them the same
    you probably thinking of cliff couser.....thats mike half bro and they always been on good terms...there resemblance is uncanny

• loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dave Chappelle turned down the role of Bubba Gump
  • CitySojourner
    edited May 2012
    Options
    -Marlon Brando was supposed to be in Scary Movie 2 but either quit or was dropped because...

during his latter years in the industry, Marlon Brando refused to rehearse or memorize a script for any movie he was in. Instead, Brando would wear a wireless earpiece while shooting a scene and have his assistant tell him his lines.

-Before filming a movie, Quentin Tarantino has an actors boot camp where all the actors cast in his film get together and develop their characters. Tarantino rehearses scenes with all of them and throws different scenarios at them to see if the actors are well prepped; he's been known to fire actors if they don't seem prepared.

- During the aforementioned actors boot camp, the lead actress in the movie "Inglourious Basterds" who plays Shosanna Dreyfus (theater owner) was fired by Tarantino a week before filming began. Tarantino felt that she didn't do enough prep work on her character, so he sent her home and auditioned other girls. Throughout that week she and her agent called Tarantino and begged for the role back, he eventually rehired her and flew her back to set.

-Another actor who was cast in "Inglourious Basterds" was also fired by Tarantino during the boot camp, but people involved with the film wouldn't say who it was. My guess is that it was either Simon Pegg or Nicholas Shumaker.
  • CitySojourner
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    Daniel Day Lewis's character Bill the Butcher in Gangs of New York was originally offered to Jeremey Piven but he declined.

That can't be true... where'd you hear that?
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    northside7 wrote: »
    I wonder if Will Smith regrets turning down that roll..

he's done a few interviews about turning down that role for Wild Wild West instead...and he said it was the way they pitched The Matrix to him...said the story of a "world within a world" didn't make sense when they explained it to him initially
  • Darkcrusader3.0
    Darkcrusader3.0 Members Posts: 153
    Options
    most of these I already knew but there were 2-3 that I didnt
  • Max.
    Options
    Paul Giamatti, Martin Short, Bob Odenkirk, and Hank Azaria were all considered for the role of Michael Scott before Steve Carell was cast.

Sam L jackson almost got the mr orange role in resvoir dogs
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

...get the ? outta here
  • CitySojourner
    Options
    -Lost in Translation was based on a true story from the director. Scarlett Johannson is portraying the director, Scarletts husband is based on Spike Jonze, Bill Murray is playing Harrison Ford, the ditsy blonde played by Anna Farris is Cameron Diaz.
  • BK Product
    BK Product Members Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    some good ones yall