Anybody on here that didn't like TDK?

Options
white715
white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2012 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Imo it's the best superhero movie ever, but I've heard people say they didn't like it however I've never heard a good explanation why.

Comments

• white715
    Options
    Aw ? wrong room

funny-gifs-pole-vault-fail.gif
  • white715
    Options
    Can a mod move this to LCA
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Never heard someone say they didnt like TDK tbh. Heard people say they thought it coulda been better but they still enjoyed it.
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ive been like the biggest batman fan as a kid
    dressing up and ?
    i liked tdk but it was kinda dull imo
    someone said its like a police drama with masks and i have to cosign
    imo they could do alot better
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And I still dont understand how it could be "better"
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    could be more fun and more violent
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    white715 wrote: »
    Aw ? wrong room

funny-gifs-pole-vault-fail.gif

haha
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    The Dark Knight will be the standard by which comic movies are made
  • kingofbama205
    kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't see how anyone says it could be better....We've gotten almost every possible type of Batman movie..We've gotten the dark version...we've gotten the Detective version and the Goofy as ? kid version oh and lets not forget the Batman with nipples...Nolan's batman flicks are the best hands down...no other batman films will be better...Burton's are really good...I mean theres nothing I can say bad about them, but Nolan's are just better IMO of course
  • MAKAVELI25
    MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Honestly, some ? just try to be different from everyone else for the sole purpose of being different. I can't take anyone seriously who can't acknowledge that TDK ? on every previous comic book movie. How many comic book movies provoke discussion about current social issues?
  • Loo.Loo
    Loo.Loo Members Posts: 682 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TDK raised the bar for superhero movies and most STILL fail at being as good as it was.

Only two ppl i know have ever said they didnt like it: somebody on here and this girl i watched it with

but all she likes are comedies and dumb ?
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Move this to the illpix
  • CitySojourner
    CitySojourner Members Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Although i'm a fan, I do agree that certain elements could have been better. Action scenes could have been shot better, rather than those quick cuts nolan tends to rely on.
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I love the film but I dont worhsip it as the ? of all cinema as if no other film will ever surpass it for all human existence like some cats on here seem to do. Its a great film but it aint like its the best of all time. As far as films based on comics or graphic novels, unless yall are talking specifically super hero ones, I can see TDK being seen as the best but why are other great ones like A History of Violence, Road to Perdition, Sin City, Watchmen or even Scott Pilgrim always overlooked in that category?
  • CitySojourner
    CitySojourner Members Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    stoneface wrote: »
    I love the film but I dont worhsip it as the ? of all cinema as if no other film will ever surpass it for all human existence like some cats on here seem to do. Its a great film but it aint like its the best of all time. As far as films based on comics or graphic novels, unless yall are talking specifically super hero ones, I can see TDK being seen as the best but why are other great ones like A History of Violence, Road to Perdition, Sin City, Watchmen or even Scott Pilgrim always overlooked in that category?

Damn, I was just thinking the same thing yesterday. With all this Avengers stuff and best comic book movies you really don't hear too much about Sin City, Road to Perdition, Scott Pilgrim, or even 300. All great films, Sin City was revolutionary in it's originality for the time.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CracceR wrote: »
    could be more fun and more violent

what? lol gotdamn it's only so much you can put in a movie....every piece of action in that movie was epic some of ya'll are just too greedy
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like the movie,but it is beyond overrated and did not raise the bar for anything.The movie is dry and does a poor job of representing the Batman character and lacks the atmosphere of the comic.As I said before it is a movie that features Batman more than a Batman movie.Batman Returns is still the best which accurately captures the essence of Batman.Avengers is the best comic book movie to date easily.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    Like the movie,but it is beyond overrated and did not raise the bar for anything.The movie is dry and does a poor job of representing the Batman character and lacks the atmosphere of the comic.As I said before it is a movie that features Batman more than a Batman movie.Batman Returns is still the best which accurately captures the essence of Batman.Avengers is the best comic book movie to date easily.

Then I question what Batman comics you been reading if you feel it doesnt represent the comic or batman....The only thing that was missing was perhaps more action but to Me the movie Represented Batman to the fullest... The Dark Knight is Pretty much combos of Dark Victory and Long Halloween (Two of the best Batman stories) into one film so I dont see where you get that.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »

Then I question what Batman comics you been reading if you feel it doesnt represent the comic or batman....The only thing that was missing was perhaps more action but to Me the movie Represented Batman to the fullest... The Dark Knight is Pretty much combos of Dark Victory and Long Halloween (Two of the best Batman stories) into one film so I dont see where you get that.

Exactly Batman comics are cop/detective stories with Batman as the central character. DK is a perfect representation of that.
  • nujerz84
    Options
    rage wrote: »

Exactly Batman comics are cop/detective stories with Batman as the central character. DK is a perfect representation of that.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Batman BEgins was better.
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jacks argument lost all credibility when he said batman returns is the best??correct me if im wrong but I thought penguin was a prestigious,articulate, & sophisticated kind of villain not some ghoulish circus freak who bites peoples nose off. BR was overly dramatic......
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    The Dark Knight refers to Harvey Dent not Bruce Wayne.

Harvey Dent was Gotham's White Night. The title of the fim refers to his downfall as Two Face.

Harvey was the main character in the story. The movie was about Harvey Dent
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options

But it does not do that at all.You barely see Batman's detective and infiltration side.The movie was less about Batman and more about Joker and Dent who both were great.I don't know why people are getting butt hurt because of my opinion.I own the movie and Batman Begins and will be seeing TDKR,but I am not going to act like the movies cold not represent the character better.It's not that serious for people who are crying over my post.
    As for Batman Returns,I was talking about the brooding,gothic style and atmosphere which was very accurate in comparison to TDK.The music was also better which is off on TDK.Also TDK makes Batman seem one dimensional and dry.Batman actually has more personality than that.
    People in here acting like I slapped their momma with the way they defend this movie lol.Its just a movie people and it has flaws like every other movie.
  • nujerz84
    edited May 2012
    Options

But it does not do that at all.You barely see Batman's detective and infiltration side.The movie was less about Batman and more about Joker and Dent who both were great.I don't know why people are getting butt hurt because of my opinion.I own the movie and Batman Begins and will be seeing TDKR,but I am not going to act like the movies cold not represent the character better.It's not that serious for people who are crying over my post.
    As for Batman Returns,I was talking about the brooding,gothic style and atmosphere which was very accurate in comparison to TDK.The music was also better which is off on TDK.Also TDK makes Batman seem one dimensional and dry.Batman actually has more personality than that.
    People in here acting like I slapped their momma with the way they defend this movie lol.Its just a movie people and it has flaws like every other movie.

Its the reasons you are given that dont make sense especially if you are a Batman fan from the comics so again you read Dark Holloween, Dark Victory you see where Nolan got his ? from.....The Score what lol the music fit the movie perfectly that knit picking ..the original batman score wouldnt work with Chris Nolan Film.