invitation when it came out last year.and what i can tell you is that the
dynamics for both albums are in focus.both albums clearly stands out as
a landmarks in both of their careers.and lastly,open invitation,is the best
r&b album of 2011 hands down.

Comments

• buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You trollin. That album wasn't that good.
  • ABOUTTHATLIFE
    ABOUTTHATLIFE Members Posts: 27
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    You trollin. That album wasn't that good.

stay
    nothing on you
    make love
    angel

listen to those and u'll see what i mean...ty.
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    I like Stay but I listened to the album once and it didn't impress me. Ima check those songs out now.

But 12 Play is like the Let's Get It On of the 90's so I'm not seeing how 4 good songs can make it the love making album of the decade...
  • ABOUTTHATLIFE
    Options
    I like Stay but I listened to the album once and it didn't impress me. Ima check those songs out now.

But 12 Play is like the Let's Get It On of the 90's so I'm not seeing how 4 good songs can make it the love making album of the decade...

1.i didn't say that it was the love making album of the decade sir.i said its THE BEST R&B ALBUM OF 2011.
    plz read cafully before u respond.ty

2.you give me any,ANY,ANY,ANY,ANY,AAAAAAANNNNNNNNYYYYYY,r&b record that was played on the
    radio last year that had more soul than the stay record did and,i'll let u have this thread the only
    thing that ever came close was cee-lo/melonie fiona-.fool for you.now im not trying to boost the
    ? up but,c'mon son,real talk nothing on the male r&b could ? with it when the ? came out and,
    probably not for a little while until probably eric benet's new ? .but,thats about it,none of these new ?
    is on tyrese's calibur vocally.sorry.
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    I respect Tyrese as a vocalist and always have but the album was too poppy b. Musiq Soulchild, Anthony Hamilton, and Jill Scott's albums were better. Comparing it to 12 Play of this generation is the same as saying it's the love making album of the decade because that's what 12 Play was to the 90's. You can just ? to the entire 12 Play album straight through. Everyone knows that. Can't say the same for Open Invitation.
  • ABOUTTHATLIFE
    Options
    I respect Tyrese as a vocalist and always have but the album was too poppy b. Musiq Soulchild, Anthony Hamilton, and Jill Scott's albums were better. Comparing it to 12 Play of this generation is the same as saying it's the love making album of the decade because that's what 12 Play was to the 90's. You can just ? to the entire 12 Play album straight through. Everyone knows that. Can't say the same for Open Invitation.

i feel you,musiq,anthony hamilton did come out with great music last year but,none of their
    music on their new ? never was a hit commercially.should it have been? yes,is it fair? no.
    but,you have to think about the stupid mistakes that the record company is making for not
    putting their songs on mainstream radio.jill scott had paul wall on her album with the record
    company hoping that it would be a hit for mainstream radio,they decided not to release it
    to radio because they didn't want people to think she sold her soul to change her musical
    style and risk her losing her fans.but if they had their way iam willing to bet that the jill scott/
    paul wall song wouldve been spinning on every hiphop/r&b station in the nation.and as for
    anthony hamilton and musiq they put out fantastic efforts on both of their parts but,they
    just wasn't strong enough to make it to mainstream radio.if im not mistaken tyrese is the
    only artist that had both "stay" and "nothing on you" to be played on both r&b/hiphop and
    strictly r&b radio stations.dont get me wrong,they all put out fantastic efforts,tyrese just
    had the better songs.and as far as the 12 play comment goes its not like i never said it wasn't
    the better album.thats not up to me to determine for you,hey,you like what you like,all i
    was saying that it that both albums equal each other out,thats all.
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    They played that Jill Scott and Anthony Hamilton record and the Jill Scott song with Eve all on MTV Jams and VH1 Soul.. I can't speak for the radio because I don't listen to it. Jill Scott sold twice as much as Tyrese first week. If I remember correct he did 75k right? They also played that "Yes" song by Musiq as well as his ? with Swizz Beats.
  • ABOUTTHATLIFE
    Options
    They played that Jill Scott and Anthony Hamilton record and the Jill Scott song with Eve all on MTV Jams and VH1 Soul.. I can't speak for the radio because I don't listen to it. Jill Scott sold twice as much as Tyrese first week. If I remember correct he did 75k right? They also played that "Yes" song by Musiq as well as his ? with Swizz Beats.

thats true but you gotta remember tyrese and jill scott are cartering to 2 different
    markets sir.as a matter of fact,jill scott actually sign a distribution deal with warner
    brothers,just to get on the u.s. pop charts.it was #1 on the charts but,only because
    she kept her focus on keeping it neo soul and didnt fill it up with that rap ? .
    they (warner bros.) wanted the album to crossover to the u.s. r&b/hiphop charts
    but it didnt happen.