Let's cast Avengers 2!

Options
evoljeanyes
evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2012 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Word on the street is that Black Bolt (inHumans), Dr. Strange, Ant Man, Wasp, and Black Panther are getting consideration for the Avengers too...and atleast two of them will get their own solo films. To me casting this movie is like choosing the players for the USA Olympic Basketball team. It's fun to hear what people think. Of course in a perfect world for me there would be 15 characters facing Thanos, Galactacus, Ultron for the next few flicks.

My perfect world 15 would be Thor (the ? ) Iron-Man, Captain America, Hulk, Black Panther, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Wolverine, Spiderman, Sentry, Black Bolt, Dr Strange, Ant-Man, Wasp, and Silver Surfer.

I will start with the 5 that have been mentioned thus far as add ons for two then I will throw in some of my wish list people

Black Bolt: Whentworth Miller Black-Bolt.gif600full-wentworth-miller.jpg

Dr. Strange Adrien Brody Strange_Vol_1_5_Textless.jpgMV5BMjA0NTc3NzgyOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDE1MTMwNA@@._V1._SY314_CR12,0,214,314_.jpg

Black Panther: Peter Mensah blackpanther15.jpgpeter-mensah.jpg

Ant Man: Eric Dane 2316344-ant_man_001.jpegeric-dane-g.jpg

Wasp: Michelle Williams the_avengers_the_wasp.jpgmichellewilliamspixie.jpg

Silver Surfer: Zach Quinto Silver_Surfer_by_Kalisto_ka.jpg
Zachary_Quinto.jpg

Wolverine and Spidey are well casted by fox.

Sentry: Cam Gigandet [img]http://i.annihil.us/u/? /marvel//universe3zx/images/thumb/4/4c/Sentry.jpg/406px-Sentry.jpg[/img]
MV5BMTkyMzg3ODI5M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTIzNTY3NA@@._V1._SX214_CR0,0,214,314_.jpg

Comments

• CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I already addressed this in another thread...
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Peter Mensa ? ? No
  • NAWLEDGE_REIGNS
    NAWLEDGE_REIGNS Members Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Excellent Choices I Must Say
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    MobTown wrote: »

What did you say about it?
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    there is no budget for all these people, what they have is enough

The budget would increase by what 5mil to cast all of the players mentioned above. (obviously wolvie and spidey won't make it due to fox being lame)

They have to have more heroes for Thanos! I am just now reading up on Thanos honestly. I asked about him in a thread a few months before Avengers dropped (ironically). Family is damn near unfuckwitable (at times) Galactacus, Thanos, Ultron is the villian trinity in Marvel to me!. They have to cast up! Black Bolt, Dr Strange and Ant Man and Wasp are coming thats damn near without question, Stan Lee wants 'em, he doesn't get final say but he is the ? no doubt.The other characters I admit are dream characters.

Besides Brody (2mil?) Michelle Williams (2mil?) and Zach Quinto ($500,000) 100K for Gingandet, Bane, and Miller and 200k for Onemaeus (Mensah) thats 5mil thats nothing...so budget is a ? excuse, Make that ? longer...give us more fighting and and dialogue and make a movie no one else in the world can ? with. Movies are supposed to be events. If anyone can start that it would be Marvel with the superhero genre they are DOMINATING at the moment.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Excellent Choices I Must Say

I appreciate it bruh, who would you want to see any other characters? I think we need a better black actor for Black Panther Onemeaus is nice but he is too damn tall and thin for the panther, but them old ass dudes aren't athletic enough. Who else could play that role?
  • CottonCitySlim
    Options

2/3 of those characters you mentioned are owned by other studios

• sdotcarter111
    sdotcarter111 Members Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • evoljeanyes
    Options

Which characters besides SPidey, Surfer. and Wolverine are in other studios?
  • evoljeanyes
    Options

The budget would increase by what 5mil to cast all of the players mentioned above. (obviously wolvie and spidey won't make it due to fox being lame)

They have to have more heroes for Thanos! I am just now reading up on Thanos honestly. I asked about him in a thread a few months before Avengers dropped (ironically). Family is damn near unfuckwitable (at times) Galactacus, Thanos, Ultron is the villian trinity in Marvel to me!. They have to cast up! Black Bolt, Dr Strange and Ant Man and Wasp are coming thats damn near without question, Stan Lee wants 'em, he doesn't get final say but he is the ? no doubt.The other characters I admit are dream characters.

Besides Brody (2mil?) Michelle Williams (2mil?) and Zach Quinto ($500,000) 100K for Gingandet, Bane, and Miller and 200k for Onemaeus (Mensah) thats 5mil thats nothing...so budget is a ? excuse, Make that ? longer...give us more fighting and and dialogue and make a movie no one else in the world can ? with. Movies are supposed to be events. If anyone can start that it would be Marvel with the superhero genre they are DOMINATING at the moment.

its not just pay the new characters

being rights from other studios who own those character
    set pieces
    writers
    costumes
    set locations
    trailers
    cgi & fx
    promotion
    writing coherent storyline for about 9 to 10 characters

also they have to make a popular movie for a larger audience not just comicbook fans most of them heroes are second rate

that movie would be beyond a disaster

Again, I know surfer, wolverine, and spidey are owned by other studios. LOL at Hawkeye and Widow being HUGE characters in the Marvel Universe. Scarlett Jo was fighting aliens with two one shooters G. Think about it. The advertising for this thing is done pretty easily. You mention the characters or give them cameos in other movies and everyone who has any interest in the movie wikipedia's there ass off or they go become comic book heads in preparation for the Avengers flick. Thor wasn't on everyone's radar before his big movie. Iron Man made himself a household name off of these films. Second Rate characters with Large powers (Sentry, Black Bolt, Dr. Strange) have the most to gain from these types of films. Plus the characters are all set up to have dialog in the Avengers tower. And then there is the aspect of them all getting screen time. With Thanos merking ? with his goon squad there will be plenty of time for a ? ton of characrers on screen. Then we can involve strategy and splitting the teams up and also conflict within the team. Maybe some squabbles. Its fuckery to forsee tragedy in the make up of a film with heroes an abundance of heroes. The whole time I watched avengers I waited for an Ant-Man siting. There wasn't one.

It's like all these dickriders that say things about Music..."I been down with Nas since Illmatic, I been down with Jay since Reasonable Doubt", same thing will apply to the comic book heroes. Not only that by putting them in the avengers you open up the door for there solo careers.

The extra characters can develop storyline through being introduced in other hero stories. Coherent storylines are vital but in this case against Thanos...He is looking at the avengers with 6 folks like "We don't believe you, you need more people" whoevers story they appeared in will call them up for the scrap use comic book references to decide how they interact with each character. I mean since 2008 when they had Hulk bucking at that lightning and thunder we have been waiting for a Hulk and Thor fight...that kind of tie in ? makes the big picture much smaller.

You're tripping if you think they won't get whatever budget they want after the first showing. And the only way to eclipse the first one with nimrod movie goers (people nowadays hate giving love to things that come after, folks say jacks joker was better than heath's repulsive) certain to say that The OG was better is to go WAY bigger.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Thanos

ro-perlman.jpg

The ? ! LOL nice cast!
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't know about an Infinity Gauntlet story arc...I am not sure if the general public is willing to see THAT many costumed superheros on screen at the same time without it coming of a little comical.
  • rage
    Options

set pieces
    writers
    costumes
    set locations
    trailers
    cgi & fx
    promotion

also they have to make a popular movie for a larger audience not just comicbook fans most of them heroes are second rate

Again, I know surfer, wolverine, and spidey are owned by other studios. LOL at Hawkeye and Widow being HUGE characters in the Marvel Universe. Scarlett Jo was fighting aliens with two one shooters G. Think about it. The advertising for this thing is done pretty easily. You mention the characters or give them cameos in other movies and everyone who has any interest in the movie wikipedia's there ass off or they go become comic book heads in preparation for the Avengers flick. Thor wasn't on everyone's radar before his big movie. Iron Man made himself a household name off of these films. Second Rate characters with Large powers (Sentry, Black Bolt, Dr. Strange) have the most to gain from these types of films. Plus the characters are all set up to have dialog in the Avengers tower. And then there is the aspect of them all getting screen time. With Thanos merking ? with his goon squad there will be plenty of time for a ? ton of characrers on screen. Then we can involve strategy and splitting the teams up and also conflict within the team. Maybe some squabbles. Its fuckery to forsee tragedy in the make up of a film with heroes an abundance of heroes. The whole time I watched avengers I waited for an Ant-Man siting. There wasn't one.

It's like all these dickriders that say things about Music..."I been down with Nas since Illmatic, I been down with Jay since Reasonable Doubt", same thing will apply to the comic book heroes. Not only that by putting them in the avengers you open up the door for there solo careers.

The extra characters can develop storyline through being introduced in other hero stories. Coherent storylines are vital but in this case against Thanos...He is looking at the avengers with 6 folks like "We don't believe you, you need more people" whoevers story they appeared in will call them up for the scrap use comic book references to decide how they interact with each character. I mean since 2008 when they had Hulk bucking at that lightning and thunder we have been waiting for a Hulk and Thor fight...that kind of tie in ? makes the big picture much smaller.

You're tripping if you think they won't get whatever budget they want after the first showing. And the only way to eclipse the first one with nimrod movie goers (people nowadays hate giving love to things that come after, folks say jacks joker was better than heath's repulsive) certain to say that The OG was better is to go WAY bigger.

yo do understand studios dont give budgets over 200 mill no matter how dope the original performed its just not cost effective.

Thor is more popular than all the characters you want included and he was popular prior to kenneth baranagh's adaptation,hawkeye and black widow where included because they tie in with the other movies

they will not include an ant man or strange till there is a good story arc for these dudes and cgi for such a character costs MONEY

movie adaptations of comicbooks are not exclusively made to cater to a comicbook fanbase, a movie convoluted with an array of superheroes and villians does not make it a good one.

do you think people popular would really give a ? if 6 avengers defeated thanos almost everyone i know who saw avengers didnt know who thanos is or give a ? about his infinite people

Ummm yeah they do....all the time actually. But I do agree that having too many heroes and villians in costumes shooting beams out of their eyes will look convoluted as ? .
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    rage wrote: »
    I don't know about an Infinity Gauntlet story arc...I am not sure if the general public is willing to see THAT many costumed superheros on screen at the same time without it coming of a little comical.

WHy wouldn't the general public be down for that. I feel like people have made it into one of those "too good to be true" type of things. X-men three was a travesty because the writers were weak, but there were DROVES of characters on each side and that was the most intriguing part of it all, even the people that people don't recognize they google them to see if the film stayed true to the character. I say 10-15 for Thanos is dope. All the characters I mentioned minus Spiderman Wolverine and SilverSurfer. Gives you the original six, sentry, doc strange, giant man, wasp, black panther, and black bolt.

I honestly think Black Bolt will get introduced in Thor 2, and Strange and Ant-Man Wasp will get their own film. And Panther will be introduced in Cap 2. I am guessing only. Listen, Sentry is probably is stretch (I just really want to see World War Hulk on film) but the other five Doc Strange, Giant Man, Wasp, Black Panther, and Black Bolt will more than likely be in it and you can all but guarantee War Machine will be there too.

People will trip about these characters scrapping and beating Thanos with just the six of them, because of Hulk, Hulk is that guy to non comic book heads (I am a comic book head I love Hulk too) if the Villian is super trill they won't believe it. This one was ok because the major conflict of the movie was amongst themselves. Loki, though a great villian (he killed the dialogue) can't ? with Thor or Hulk. Thanos will be their chance to show the development of their teamwork and get drug only to call in reinforcements and strategize. It seems only right in my mind.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options

set pieces
    writers
    costumes
    set locations
    trailers
    cgi & fx
    promotion

yo do understand studios dont give budgets over 200 mill no matter how dope the original performed its just not cost effective.

Thor is more popular than all the characters you want included and he was popular prior to kenneth baranagh's adaptation,hawkeye and black widow where included because they tie in with the other movies

they will not include an ant man or strange till there is a good story arc for these dudes and cgi for such a character costs MONEY

movie adaptations of comicbooks are not exclusively made to cater to a comicbook fanbase, a movie convoluted with an array of superheroes and villians does not make it a good one.

do you think people popular would really give a ? if 6 avengers defeated thanos almost everyone i know who saw avengers didnt know who thanos is or give a ? about his infinite people

Family I hear you. I am telling you with the CGI they already have to use its not going to break the bank to add these characters. Strange will be in Avengers. He has a solo film coming. Ant-Man and Wasp not being in the original was strange, they will be in the second one. Black Panther could very well be introduced through the Captain America 2 story arc, and Black Bold could introduce himself through an inhumans storyline included in Thor 2. It's all plausible. They brokes records because of the way they build up in the first one. They have to keep that suspense in the next one so adding characters is essential. It's not like anyone is going to outshine IronMan Thor Hulk or Cap, but they will making the victory more of a struggle and even more grand for the audience because no one thought it could be pulled off.

The next Avengers movie will be granted whatever Whedon and the writers ask for

• focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Giant-Man

the-avengers-2-20120507040144281.jpg

Powers: Giant-Man can manipulate Pym Particles, allowing him to grow dozens of feet tall or shrink down to the size of an insect. His Ant-Man helmet also allows him to command legions of insects in battle.

Why the Avengers 2 needs him: Loki described the Avengers as "lost creatures," and that descriptions fits Hank Pym better than any Avenger. Pym is a troubled man who has never fully accepted his role as a superhero or a husband. But as with the other Avengers, being part of a team allows him the chance to become a better man.

As Giant-Man, Pym's sheer mass is often enough to turn the tide of battles, and as Ant-Man, many a foe have fallen victim to a plague of hungry insects. But his brain is perhaps his greatest asset. Pym is one of the smartest men in the Marvel Universe, and there's always a place on the team for super-geniuses even with Tony Stark and Bruce Banner hogging the spotlight. Intelligence and advanced technology are two things the Avengers will need plenty of when squaring off against Thanos.

Wasp

the-avengers-2-20120507040144117.jpg

Powers: Like her husband, the Wasp can shrink down to a tiny size. While tiny, Janet manifests a pair of wasp-like wings and can fire paralyzing bursts of energy from her hands.

Why the Avengers 2 needs her: What's the point of having Hank Pym if you can't bring his longtime companion into the mix too? Janet Van Dyne is a much more lighthearted addition to the mix than her grim husband or battle-hardened veterans like Thor, Black Widow, and Hawkeye. Her great passion apart from saving the world is fashion design.

But in addition to bringing out the softer sides of her fellow Avengers, Wasp is useful in almost any battle. Opponents tend to underestimate her because her powers aren't that impressive on the surface, but this is the same woman who once defeated Hulk by flying inside his ear canal and stinging his brain. Even the Mad Titan has plenty to fear from Janet, assuming he doesn't pack his ear muffs.

• focus
    Options
    Ms. Marvel

the-avengers-2-20120507040143769.jpg

Powers: Ms. Marvel has the power of flight and greatly enhanced strength and invulnerability. She is also able to control and manipulate energy, though the extent of her abilities is often in flux.

Why the Avengers 2 needs her: In the comics, Captain Marvel is one of Thanos' primary foes. Ms. Marvel, in turn, was an ordinary human who gained extraordinary powers after an accident caused Marvel's alien genetic structure to fuse with her own.

The Avengers roster could sorely use some more female representation in the movies, so we'd be perfectly fine if the films downplayed Captain Marvel in favor of his arguably more popular offshoot. Ms. Marvel has a strategic military background that makes her every bit as crucial on the battlefield as Captain America. And with her wide variety of physical and energy-based powers, it's essentially like throwing Superman into the mix.

Vision

the-avengers-2-20120507040143956.jpg

Powers: Vision can absorb and discharge solar radiation. He can also greatly alter the density of his body, allowing him to turn intangible and fly or become incredibly strong and almost indestructible.

Why the Avengers 2 needs him: With Hank Pym on board, it should only be a matter of time until Vision joins the team as well. Vision is an indirect offshoot of Pym's own research. Pym created the (unintentionally) insane robot Ultron, who in turn created Vision as a secret weapon to use against the Avengers. However, unless Marvel wants to work through Ultron's story ahead of Avengers 2, it would probably be better to deliver a simpler, more straightforward take on Vision. We saw the android Human Torch in a cameo role in Captain America. Perhaps this new synthetic creation could be a modern offshoot of that character.

Vision's quest to discover and define his own humanity may be familiar to sci-fi fans, but it's one that fits right in with the various other personality conflicts among the Avengers. And Vision's density-altering powers would make him a great asset in a fight with Thanos. Of the current team members, only Thor and Hulk stand a chance of living more than a few seconds in a direct, physical battle with the villain. They need someone who can further even the odds.
  • focus
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Black Panther

the-avengers-2-20120507040143589.jpg

Powers: Black Panther gained enhanced strength and senses by ingesting a rare Wakandan herb. He also has a wide array of vibranium-powered weapons and gadgets and more money than Tony Stark.

Why the Avengers 2 need him: Every superhero team needs a Batman. You know – the guy whose actual superpowers are minimal but whose indomitable will and aura of badassery are enough to overwhelm every opponent, no matter how many Infinity Gauntlets they might be wearing.

Black Panther is the Batman of the Avengers. He once defeated Mephisto by punching him in the face and ripping his heart out. He has an anti-Galactus folder sitting in his desk drawer. Thanos might as well give up on conquering Earth once he learns who he's going up against.

Black Panther's impending arrival was teased in Iron Man 2 thanks to the focus on the rare metal vibranium and a world map seen in Nick Fury's office. We know Panther is coming, and the sooner the movies can tackle this African king-turned-superhero, the better.

Quasar

the-avengers-2-20120507040143388.jpg

Powers: Quasar's Quantum Bands allow him to control various forms of energy and travel vast distances by passing through the Quantum Zone.

Why the Avengers 2 need him: There are various cosmic heroes in the Marvel Universe who have battled Thanos over the years – Nova, Adam Warlock, Silver Surfer, etc. But the hero known as Quasar may be the one best positioned to step up to the plate in Avengers 2.

Part of Wendell Vaughn's appeal is that he's a surprisingly grounded hero despite the cosmic scale of his adventures. He started out as a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent, but failed to land an active field assignment because his superiors felt he lacked a "killer instinct." Instead, he worked in security, most notably as Security Chief of the Project Pegasus facility. Assuming S.H.I.E.L.D. chooses to rebuild Project Pegasus, the stage will be perfectly set for Wendell Vaughn.

As it stands now, the Avengers only have one member (Thor) who understands the larger cosmic scope of the universe and what dangers it poses. They'll need more heroes who can operate on that level, and who better than the mighty yet humble Quasar?
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    Ms. Marvel

the-avengers-2-20120507040143769.jpg

Powers: Ms. Marvel has the power of flight and greatly enhanced strength and invulnerability. She is also able to control and manipulate energy, though the extent of her abilities is often in flux.

Why the Avengers 2 needs her: In the comics, Captain Marvel is one of Thanos' primary foes. Ms. Marvel, in turn, was an ordinary human who gained extraordinary powers after an accident caused Marvel's alien genetic structure to fuse with her own.

The Avengers roster could sorely use some more female representation in the movies, so we'd be perfectly fine if the films downplayed Captain Marvel in favor of his arguably more popular offshoot. Ms. Marvel has a strategic military background that makes her every bit as crucial on the battlefield as Captain America. And with her wide variety of physical and energy-based powers, it's essentially like throwing Superman into the mix.

Vision

the-avengers-2-20120507040143956.jpg

Powers: Vision can absorb and discharge solar radiation. He can also greatly alter the density of his body, allowing him to turn intangible and fly or become incredibly strong and almost indestructible.

Why the Avengers 2 needs him: With Hank Pym on board, it should only be a matter of time until Vision joins the team as well. Vision is an indirect offshoot of Pym's own research. Pym created the (unintentionally) insane robot Ultron, who in turn created Vision as a secret weapon to use against the Avengers. However, unless Marvel wants to work through Ultron's story ahead of Avengers 2, it would probably be better to deliver a simpler, more straightforward take on Vision. We saw the android Human Torch in a cameo role in Captain America. Perhaps this new synthetic creation could be a modern offshoot of that character.

Vision's quest to discover and define his own humanity may be familiar to sci-fi fans, but it's one that fits right in with the various other personality conflicts among the Avengers. And Vision's density-altering powers would make him a great asset in a fight with Thanos. Of the current team members, only Thor and Hulk stand a chance of living more than a few seconds in a direct, physical battle with the villain. They need someone who can further even the odds.

Vision I doubt we will see in Avengers 2. Ms Marvel and Wasp? It would be interesting to see how the audience takes to a dominant Women in the hero world. Ms Marvel would be a problem. I know they have Widow but it's implied she cant ? with anyone except Hawkeye because they don't have powers.

Ms. Marvel: Amber Heard
    [img]http://i.annihil.us/u/? /marvel//universe3zx/images/thumb/b/ba/MsMarvel%28Danvers%29_Head.jpg/406px-MsMarvel%28Danvers%29_Head.jpg[/img]

amber-heard-03.jpg

Quasar: Alex Pettyfer
    maradvff016_cov.jpg

alex-pettyfer-1.jpg
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If these other characters are to appear .. it will most likely be within the movies of the character's movies we already know. I think it would be a bad idea to just drop them into Avengers 2 and try to throw them in the mix.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    they been hinting at Black Panther in Captain America and Iron Man with the vibranium and it only comes from 1 place
  • rage
    Options
    they been hinting at Black Panther in Captain America and Iron Man with the vibranium and it only comes from 1 place

Panther is a guarantee for Avg2....he'll be intro'd like Hawkeye/Black Widow in Iron Man 3.
  • CottonCitySlim
    Options
    Yes because fox will let them use a character they own....try again
  • rage
    Options
    Yes because fox will let them use a character they own....try again

Fox doesnt own Black Panther...Marvel does.
  • CottonCitySlim
    Options
    wrong fox has owned the movie rights for Ant-Man, Black Panther, Cloak & Dagger, Doctor Strange, Hawkeye, Nick Fury, Power Pack, Shang-Chi, FF4 since 2004, and the X-men since the 90's. Google is your friend bruh or marvel wikia, or marvel.com.

Disney just issued a statement they will not try and get these guys back as they have alot of other potential and good characters(AKA fox turned down our 4 billion dollar offer)
    lank http://comicbook.com/blog/2012/05/08/disney-not-planning-to-buy-back-marvel-character-movie-rights/

I think it will probally be MS.Marvel too or wasp/pym, the vision(Agent colson death fits perfect here)
    http://whatculture.com/film/marvels-next-avengers-film-1-ms-marvel.php

confirmed
    War-Machine - don cheadel was in the credits as jame rhoades but he was never in the movie, so maybe he was cut..which makes me know he will be in AV2