I don't about yall, but I think Pac's beat selection was just as bad as Nas's if not worse.

Options
moedays
moedays Members Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2012 in The Reason
I'm talking onIy songs made when he was living. I've listening to Pac since "Same Song" and that dude had a lot wack ass beats too.

R.I.P. Pac

What yall think

Comments

• deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you want to go percentage wise, Pac's catalog is probably twice the size of Nas'. So even if the majority of his beats weren't great, he still had more good beats than Nas.

N_s L_st
  • emceemurda
    emceemurda Members Posts: 258 ✭✭
    Options
    I think pac made good to what was available to him in his early career and later on had some of the most memorable beats in hiphop (all eyez on me, hail mary, shed so many tears). Difference is Pac don't really need a beat to make what hes saying interesting cause he has alot of charisma/delivery. However if you ain't a fan of nas or checking for the lyrical game then he can be boring to the average listener. I think he chooses to not have the beat overshadow what hes trying to say.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't agree. Nas picked great beats on his debut, but Nas has a lot of songs floating around with average beats. I'm not in the Nas' beats suck committee, but some of his throw a ways are less than spectacular.

Pac had pretty good beats except All Eyes On Me when he went straight West Coast.

Part of the reason Pac had more universal beats is he lived everywhere so his beats would be anywhere from RnB sounding, to early east coast, to west coast, w/ a southern bounce.Pac chose pretty good beats

I will say Nas has better beats from and east coast perspective
  • moedays
    Options
    Did somebody really flag me for stating an opinion. What kind of ish is that?
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    lol @ the t/s getting "flagged" twice for stating a personal opinion...
    you ? is some hoes, and with that said I wholeheartedly agree with the topic @ hand. A lot Pac albums I've listened to either have a plethora of fillers or if not that, ? production. Since Pac is a 90's rapper and Nas was killing it back the too, Nas' ear for beats then was wayyyy better than Pac.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Definitely disagree, Pac had a pretty good ear for beats. He perfected the craft of spitting knowledge and having beats that bump (Dear Momma, Keep your head up,etc), which is more than i can say about Nas and his dry ass Salaam Remi beats.
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • moedays
    Options
    This is not a Pac vs. Nas thread because I'm a fan of both artists. I just never liked the dudes beats, that's all.
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nobody picks worse beats than Nas... Nobody.
  • juan travolta
    juan travolta Members Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There should be a law that prevents nas from picking beats.
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think Pac had banging beats espec for the eras He was around in... Ive always thought He had unique beats later on, Johnny J was A beast... And the All Eyez beats are goose bump good, Ambitionz gives Me inspiration when Im boxing... Still to this day here the piano at the start of the track and turn the volume up...
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shock G said that Pac didnt know how to pick beats and had other people do it for him in Tupac Thug Angel movie.

Once I heard that, I understood it all
  • RawAce
    Options
    I also think Nas is one of those rappers who purposely pick bland sounding beats so the lyrics will stand out more,
    yes,
    rappers do do that ? on purpose
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Allergens wrote: »
    nas's problem his that he believes his own hype and thinks that he can bless any beat into a hot song

i didnt read a damn thing you said but i still gave you a GOAT cuz of your sig
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Then Nas lost because you're suppose to have the beat be as good as the lyrics so you can make good music...
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Johnny J did a lot of Pac's beats and most if not all were on point.
    Pac had some of the best beats ever.
  • KeepinItHundred
    KeepinItHundred Members Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭
    Options
    find your wealth > any pac beat.
  • harry knucklez
    harry knucklez Members Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RawAce wrote: »
    Shock G said that Pac didnt know how to pick beats and had other people do it for him in Tupac Thug Angel movie.

Once I heard that, I understood it all

Thats probably what he did at the beginning of his career with his first few albums. I've heard Johnny J and QD3 say in interviews that would play a beats for Pac and he'd pick which one's he wanted.
  • Bender Rodriguez
    Bender Rodriguez Members Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How dare you say something bad about pac...all pac did was great
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nas has one album I can say the production was terrible and that was Streets Disciple, and there were even a couple classic tracks on there but for the most part it was a ? produced album, all his other albums have good to classic beats with a couple wack beats here and there, the whole "Nas has a bad ear for beats" ? is overhyped
  • RawAce
    Options
    Yes
    street's disciple album i felt like nas was on some e-40 budget hustlin ?

he used some of the worst beats ever

like he got them all in a bundle package and decided "thats it,i aint spendin no more on beats"
  • Chuchk
    Chuchk Members Posts: 903 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can we see some examples of these wack beats
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin thinks these are wack beats
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3ms70RLDsc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gWD4g63RNI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45wpkBCqQ6w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzKuaXYvFsU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4m2HDuoReM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEMeNryWuAc

he swears by it in every Nas thread, then a few other lames who cant form there own opinion think it must be true because he repeats it so much, even tho Salaam and Nas have a great chemistry and he has produced some classic beats for Nas
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    well cant blame pac for the beats after his death.......