Do you even need a xbox and ps3 when there's a PC version of all the games now?

Options
DOPEdweebz
DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
edited May 2012 in IllGaming
Just wondering because I have my graphics card updated 2tbs of internal harddrive and its connected to my LED.. so if this is the case why even have a ps3 or xbox? I haven't attempted to do so, but if this is the case I'm seriously thinking about selling my systems... any experts on this?

Comments

• nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    IDK More risk of your CPU crashing opposed to your PS3 or XBox
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Well first, ur thread titles wrong because there isnt a PC version of every game. Not everyone has a high end PC that can run these games at the max level of quality but if you do have a beast of a PC, then it comes down to what you wanna play. I think the vast majority of multi platform games are on the PC as well as the consoles nowadays but not all. Theres still great games and franchises, in fact, some of the best in the industry that are exclusive to consoles that will stay exclusive to consoles. So unless you completely do not give a ? about or plan on playing these console exclusive games, Id advise you to hang on to them.
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yes you do cuz not everybody is gonna spend money up grading a computer to play a single game
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The question should be do you need a PC when all of its best games are consoles.Also both xbox and ps3 have exclusive games that will never go to PC and the same for nintendo.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    The question should be do you need a PC when all of its best games are consoles.Also both xbox and ps3 have exclusive games that will never go to PC and the same for nintendo.

dont forget you can go on the net and pretty much do some the same ? with you ps3 or XBOX as you would with a cpu
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

truth.com
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes Xbox Live/Marketplace.... but certain games def gotta have gaming PC for... Once Planetside 2 drops if ever lol im going back to PC gaming.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you like Sony exclusives, sports games, Gears, or fighting games, sure. If all u like are fps games, nah.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for dropping knowledge.

Btw, the wii is fully hackable.
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? a keyboard and a mouse
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    ? a keyboard and a mouse

Best way to play FPS'
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I gives no ?

Controller>>>>
  • stoneface
    Options
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    ? a keyboard and a mouse

You can use controllers on PCs.

• earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gotta admit though, I saw arkham city running on a good pc. ? ...
  • Sym_
    Sym_ Members Posts: 842
    edited May 2012
    Options
    So much bad info in this thread

A pc crashes alot less than xbox and ps3, I havent had a single crash on my pc in MONTHS and thats after upgrades and swapping out different parts.

Every game thats on console is better on pc. It's just more expensive to have a gaming pc than a console.

3D on pc >>> "3d" on console

Mouse + Keyboard >>> using a controller for FPS

Fighting games, even though their selection is limited on PC play better on PC. Ps3 and xbox have a ridiculous amount of input lag, which is why sf4 is so lenient with stuff like throw tech and command inputs. Look it up...

They have better selection of indie games on pc as well.

Higher resolution...most games on ps3 and 360 can't even run on 1080p...besides GT5 what game on ps3 ran at 1080p?

I have a ps3 for netflix and exclusives, but honestly i rarely play my ps3, its like 85% netflix, 15% gaming...
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like both PC's and consoles.

2 completely different gaming experiences.

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I really only get PC games for MMO's and strategy games like Starcraft and ? . Dark Souls on cpu looks amazing tho.
  • stoneface
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Sym_ wrote: »

A pc crashes alot less than xbox and ps3, I havent had a single crash on my pc in MONTHS and thats after upgrades and swapping out different parts.

Every game thats on console is better on pc. It's just more expensive to have a gaming pc than a console.

Fighting games, even though their selection is limited on PC play better on PC. Ps3 and xbox have a ridiculous amount of input lag, which is why sf4 is so lenient with stuff like throw tech and command inputs. Look it up...

Higher resolution...most games on ps3 and 360 can't even run on 1080p...besides GT5 what game on ps3 ran at 1080p?

I have a ps3 for netflix and exclusives, but honestly i rarely play my ps3, its like 85% netflix, 15% gaming...

Aside from some wierd opinions, theres no bad info here lol. Most of what ur saying is true, no one with a brain can deny that games now on a high end gaming PC, most of em anyway, look better than their console counterparts. All thats really been said before ur post is that theres games and franchises exclusive to consoles that u will not see on PC. You cant even get a masterpiece like Red Dead Redemption on PC right now. So if u wanna play games like these, keep ur consoles even if u got a dope PC. I know this goes the other way around too so Id say the best bet is to have it all if u can afford it.

• Alkindus
    Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Haven't ? with pc games for ages, not since the quake/unreal era lmao...? , PC always had better graphics, but it;s not like you and your comrades sit around the PC and play some MK/Pro evo

consoles offer a better 'offline' multiplayer experience, ? we must have played hundreds of hours of Pro Evo/Fifa alone....can't do that ? on PC like that...... I prefer playing single player games on the console simply because of my TV + I like the whole console system ? , a device mainly produced for video game entertainment, thought that ? was magic ever since I first saw the snes lol.

if you're dumping your console your missing out on a lot of great games son

+ how you gonna play 2 vs. 2 Fifa 2013 offline on PC?
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    Alkindus wrote: »
    Haven't ? with pc games for ages, not since the quake/unreal era lmao...? , PC always had better graphics, but it;s not like you and your comrades sit around the PC and play some MK/Pro evo

consoles offer a better 'offline' multiplayer experience, ? we must have played hundreds of hours of Pro Evo/Fifa alone....can't do that ? on PC like that...... I prefer playing single player games on the console simply because of my TV + I like the whole console system ? , a device mainly produced for video game entertainment, thought that ? was magic ever since I first saw the snes lol.

if you're dumping your console your missing out on a lot of great games son

+ how you gonna play 2 vs. 2 Fifa 2013 offline on PC?

my pc is connected to my Samsung LED and i got at least four controllers connected via USB... so..
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Depends on you. I built a gaming PC a few years ago that still plays the latest and greatest multiplatform games at 1080 P with settings on high, so I quit buying a lot of Triple A multiplat titles. Quite frankly, the PC is the greatest game renal service there is. Only reason not to ? with a PC version is if you don't have an updated vid card with HDMI out to put the picture on TV.

Even still, that's a 150+ upgrade at this point. Basically, I only own consoles for exclusives, but there are so many multiplats that I can wait until the exclusives are 20 before buying them.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sym_ wrote: »

Every thing you said is mostly true, but the PC lacks exclusive games and I still have not seen a PC game look as good as Killzone or Uncharted.I also like trophies which are not on PC and playing on PC is not as convenient when you want to play in another room as I like to take my PS3 in the living room and play in the 55" some times.The only good thing about PC gaming was modding,online and when games like Fallout and Half Life were not on consoles.Now its like PC gaming only survives off of fan boys and MMOs.As for FPS, don't care that much for them so dual shock >>>>>>>>>> kb/m for every other game especially fighting games and action games.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PC gaming is considered nerdier
  • Sym_
    Sym_ Members Posts: 842
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Every thing you said is mostly true, but the PC lacks exclusive games and I still have not seen a PC game look as good as Killzone or Uncharted.I also like trophies which are not on PC and playing on PC is not as convenient when you want to play in another room as I like to take my PS3 in the living room and play in the 55" some times.The only good thing about PC gaming was modding,online and when games like Fallout and Half Life were not on consoles.Now its like PC gaming only survives off of fan boys and MMOs.As for FPS, don't care that much for them so dual shock >>>>>>>>>> kb/m for every other game especially fighting games and action games.

Lol...for real? Battlefield 3 and Metro 2033 on maxed settings look way better than killzone and uncharted, get serious man. There are achievements for games on pc as well. Pcs can be hooked up to tvs and you can hook up pretty much any controller to it. PC gaming is making a comeback. Steam is the future.

Theres so many mods for games on pc its ridiculous, gamers can do whatever they want on PC, unlike console which is extremely limited and they get ? by DLC.

I wonder what sony plans to do for next gen considering how much they lost this generation. Nintendo is garbage now and the 360 didn't have that many good exclusives.

• LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PC nerds can't accept the truth?