African Hebrew Israelites kick off African alliance in the Holy Land!!!!

Options
judahxulu
judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2012 in R & R (Religion and Race)
DIMONA, Israel (AP) — For years, Israel's array of African communities had little interaction, divided by religious, linguistic and cultural differences. That is changing.
They are facing a common situation in Israel — relegated to bottom rungs, partly because of discrimination over their skin color. That has brought some members of a wide range of communities together, including Jewish Ethiopians, nomadic Muslim Arabs and migrants from Eritrea and Sudan.
"What is said against me is said against my brother," said Sheik Ayed al-Abed, referring to the derogatory names that he and other members of a newly formed advocacy group have been called.
Al-Abed was among dozens of members of the various communities with African roots who met for three days last week in the southern Israeli desert town of Dimona. They formed a group, the "Middle East African Diaspora Commission," but offered no specific plans.
Participants hope to launch economic projects that would provide employment to the most disadvantaged blacks in Israel — African asylum seekers and Bedouin Arabs. They also plan to lobby the government to improve the situation of blacks in Israel.
Ultimately, they hope to be recognized by the 54-nation African Union as a diaspora community, though such an affirmation of their roots would be largely symbolic.
Al-Abed is part of a community that descended from African slaves who served lighter-skinned Arabs generations ago. His last name means "the slave" in Arabic.
It's also Arabic slang for a black person.
Some Hebrew-speaking Israelis refer to blacks as "kushim," a term derived from an ancient name for Ethiopia but today considered derogatory.
Jonathan Takele, an Ethiopian-Israeli participant in the initiative, said he was thrilled to find a place to discuss "the future of black people" in the Holy Land.
"I can share my experience. It doesn't matter if you are Christian, Muslim, Jewish," he said.
Even so, few Israelis from Ethiopia have joined, identifying with fellow Israeli Jews more than with other black Africans.
"You can't say because of racism, we are all thinking the same way," said Shlomo Mollah, the only Ethiopian member of Israel's parliament. "If you are raising the Bedouin problem, it's not like the Ethiopian problem. We are Jews, we have the same identity as other Jews."
While still in its infancy, the new group is the first known case in Israel of blacks crossing rocky religious and ethnic lines to champion a joint cause.
"It's extremely unique and extremely exciting, but I don't know if it will hold," said Dafna Strauss, an Israeli academic who has followed developments of African communities in Israel.
The populations are vastly different. Bedouins are Muslim Arabs who identify more with Palestinians than with Israelis, though they are Israeli citizens. The Eritreans, who include both Christians and Muslims, are caught in legal limbo as asylum seekers and face the possibility of expulsion from Israel. Ethiopians are Jews and citizens of Israel, facing their own set of problems.
Reasons for low status among the various communities are as varied as their origins. One of the main causes is a difference in educational levels. Also, citizens and legal migrants are inevitably treated differently from illegals who sneak into the country looking for work.
Seeking to protect its Jewish character, Israel has implemented increasingly strict policies meant to limit the number of migrants who enter.
Government spokesman Mark Regev denied those policies are racist.
"The government of Israel has a zero tolerance policy on racism, and every time we've unfortunately seen the issue of racism raise its ugly head, the prime minister has forthrightly condemned it," he said.
The force behind the emerging alliance are the Black Hebrews, a 2,500-strong group of vegan polygamists who believe they are descendants of a lost tribe of Israelites.
The Black Hebrews, who first arrived in Israel from the U.S. in the 1970s, aren't considered Jews, but Israel has granted many of them residency rights. Khazrail Ben-Yehuda, a Black Hebrew, said he doesn't know how many members the group will have, because it is still collecting signatures.
Ben-Yehuda said the new lobbying group is meant to remind Israelis and their government of the higher standards they often claim for themselves.
"Israel is supposed to be a light unto the nations," he said. "That will be our agenda."
Out of some 7.8 million people in Israel, some 200,000 people have African roots. In addition to the Black Hebrews, there are about 120,000 Ethiopian Jews, 50,000 African asylum seekers, an estimated 10,000 black Bedouins and at least 12,000 dark-skinned urban Arabs. There are no official statistics based on skin color.
Ethiopian Jews, who trace their ancestors to the Israelite tribe of Dan and were cut off from the rest of the Jewish world for more than 1,000 years, first arrived in Israel in large numbers in the 1980s in dramatic airlifts.
As Jews, they are automatically eligible for Israeli citizenship, but their absorption into society has been problematic. Suffering from a lack of a modern education, many have fallen into unemployment and poverty and have watched their family structures disintegrate.
Ethiopian Jews say racism has added to their troubles. In some towns, Israeli parents have tried to prevent Ethiopian children from sharing classrooms with their own. Ethiopians have also claimed discrimination in housing and job opportunities. Ethiopian religious leaders have struggled to win recognition.
The Israeli government provides stipends to Ethiopians for housing and education and offers help in employment, among programs meant to help them integrate.
Ethiopian Israelis have average monthly household incomes of around $1,800 dollars, less than half the average of other Jews, according to the Israel Association for Ethiopian Jews.
Still, the Ethiopian community is making inroads. Following a traditional path to integration, many have risen through the ranks of Israel's military. Others have entered politics, and scholarships are available to send Ethiopians to universities.

http://news.yahoo.com/africans-israel-join-forces-improvement-063846194.html

Comments

• judahxulu
    Options
    Prophecy unfolding....no theory
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @judahxulu your hebrew brothers in the united states are with yall brothers and sisters in spirit, I will pray to Yhwh for yall, if anything we can do to help please let us know like donation
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @judahxulu.... good to see different communities coming together to improve our situation in your region.
  • judahxulu
    Options
    Dr. Khazriel is my pops..@ waterproof..Im here in the states till Yom Kippur. @bambu..ikr. We need some brothers on that real Nile Valley science to link us with them Nubians getting mistreated in the state of egypt. This is some powerful stuff..
  • lostsamuraisotaku
    lostsamuraisotaku Members Posts: 807 ✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    judahxulu wrote: »
    Dr. Khazriel is my pops..@ waterproof..Im here in the states till Yom Kippur. @bambu..ikr. We need some brothers on that real Nile Valley science to link us with them Nubians getting mistreated in the state of egypt. This is some powerful stuff..

were you there bro judah?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3uUPxqohXM
  • judahxulu
    Options

not on that particular tour but yeah ive been there. ive had the raw, detailed tour of most of the region. weve explored the land for over 40 years..the land itself is fun

from the nile to the euphraes..hebrews aint the only chosen people...were chosen to do a SPECIFIC THING. help gather the adamic nations...from the nile to the euphrates.
  • judahxulu
    edited May 2012
    Options
  • waterproof
    Options

not on that particular tour but yeah ive been there. ive had the raw, detailed tour of most of the region. weve explored the land for over 40 years..the land itself is fun

from the nile to the euphraes..hebrews aint the only chosen people...were chosen to do a SPECIFIC THING. help gather the adamic nations...from the nile to the euphrates.

Brother @judahxulu you just said something that's very important that there hebrews was choosing for a specific role, during my years of research about Yahushua and his lost years and all the ham descendants and shem hebrews nations have stories about Yahushua bringing them the laws of Yhwh that their ancestors forgot meeting with their wisemen and showing the error of their ancestors and the influence of pagans, am I going down the right path of the truth, or can u add to this subject
  • waterproof
    Options

Brother @judahxulu you just said something that's very important that there hebrews was choosing for a specific role, during my years of research about Yahushua and his lost years and all the ham descendants and shem hebrews nations have stories about Yahushua bringing them the laws of Yhwh that their ancestors forgot meeting with their wisemen and showing the error of their ancestors and the influence of pagans, am I going down the right path of the truth, or can u add to this subject
  • young-king
    young-king Members Posts: 424
    Options
    like i said months upon months ago they were over doing u ? like wet 3 dolla bills but u had the nerve 2 say i was lying n u got it ok over there. ? quit lying! its coming to light day by day they want u gon n treat u like chit n show u that ur a ? n dont belong in the land YET! its all good tho bcuz ? is going to allow that land to be cleansed n ? over there are not gon inherit the kingdom on the first trip. enjoy your ghettos in my mother land when we get there were gonna show u how 2 put a heathen in chains n send his azz 2 go get mine n all of mine all the time... u hear me sir
  • judahxulu
    Options
    lol...thats what u get out of all this? some ol negativity wit no basis in reality?

• young-king
    edited May 2012
    Options
    its not negativity its reality son... u were on here defending israel sayin its not so bad etc when in fact its worst than here... ur livin like ? trapped in the 50's! gettin sent to segregated schools etc... but u have the nerve 2 defend that mess. u do not belong in the land YET... point blank period. it says that all throughout the bible. also theyre lumping ethiopians other africans n arabs etc with israelites. they dont belong in the land regardless n i could give 2 blue chits about any of them. ? is NOT the author of confusion so africans dont belong bcuz its says that HE put a difference between africans n israelites. n u dont belong bcuz it says there will be NO more wars ever when the real jews go back 2 israel... yet were in the mist of WW3 right now
  • young-king
    edited May 2012
    Options
  • judahxulu
    Options
    lol....i cant even argue with you because u sound that stupid...time and time again my position is proven by awe inspiring deeds done by me and other people. and time and time again people with no works to shoshow for their philosophies got sumn critical to say. lol...ok. keeping on scorning. we'll keep on doing.....
  • young-king
    Options
    its good that u dont want 2 argue... bcuz u cant argue with the truth... n the truth is that u and the rest of them ? dont belong over there YET. but u want 2 parade around like them pinkpeople were over there passin out hugs n kisses n its all good over there. yet u ? are gettin treated like 1950's usa to this date. truth always comes 2 light. n 4 yo info ? ive had threads hit prolly over 100,000 views etc about this israelite life so ? has woken up atleast 100 israelites n condemned 1,000s upon 1,000s of demons n NIGGALITES using me. what the ? are u doing but hiding over there n beggin 4 heathens 2 accept u n write 4 page letters writing pettions etc like i said MONTHS.

• young-king
    edited May 2012
    Options
    we gonna end it like this young flava... dont argue with me argue with them nukes when u see em n they see u! n when u NIGGALITES over there see them they gon knock yo hands up off yo hip when they hit u dip we dip! u finally grown gary coleman ''what u talkin bout wilson'' lookin demon
  • judahxulu
    Options
    r u thru embarrassing yourself?
  • young-king
    Options
    are u thru writing 4 page letters begging pinkpeople to please let u sit side by side with them in class ? ?
    are u thru supposedly knowing the truth but wanting to be a nothing azz hip hop star?
    are u thru confusing these people into thinking we are the same as africans n that they have any bizness in my land?
    are u thru sitting in the desert waitin on them nukes 2 light yo new n improved purple power ranger lookin azz up?
    are u thru being a grown azz man with his hands on his hip when u dip we dip u dip?
    plz tell me sir
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black Jews/Hebrews need all the alliance they can use over there. The White Jews in Israel aren't feeling the growing presence of African immigrants over there.......

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4233509,00.html

About 1,000 people gathered in south Tel Aviv's Hatikva neighborhood Wednesday evening to protest against the government's handling of the flow of African migrants into Israel.

Some of the demonstrators shattered the windshield of a vehicle in which three African migrants were riding. The migrants were not injured.

Police arrested two people suspected of attacking a foreign worker during the protest.

The demonstrators also chased two foreigners but were blocked by police. They also threw two firecrackers at police forces.

Earlier, about 100 demonstrators chased after a leftist who took part in a counter rally. Police officers blocked the protesters path. The rioters hurled glass bottles and sticks at the officers.

According to Israel Police, 17 people were arrested. Fifteen of them were arrested for rioting and assault, while two others were detained for looting a store owned by migrants.

"We stole everything," one of the youngsters who looted the store said with a smile on his face. "People took whatever they could carry."

The tensions between Israelis and foreign migrants peaked in late April when a Molotov cocktail was lobbed into Sudanese kindergarten in south Tel Aviv.

Tel Aviv District Police Commander Aharon Aksol said Monday that the past few months have seen a surge in violent crimes committed by illegal immigrants, but added that the phenomenon should not be attributed only to the infiltrators who reside in the city's southern area, but to "Israeli society as a whole."

During a Knesset debate on the wave of violence, Aksol said the growing tension between the residents of south Tel Aviv and the infiltrators was dangerous. He claimed that something must be done to curb the violence "or else the situation may deteriorate."
  • lostsamuraisotaku
    lostsamuraisotaku Members Posts: 807 ✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    young-king wrote: »
    are u thru writing 4 page letters begging pinkpeople to please let u sit side by side with them in class ? ?
    are u thru supposedly knowing the truth but wanting to be a nothing azz hip hop star?
    are u thru confusing these people into thinking we are the same as africans n that they have any bizness in my land?
    are u thru sitting in the desert waitin on them nukes 2 light yo new n improved purple power ranger lookin azz up?
    are u thru being a grown azz man with his hands on his hip when u dip we dip u dip?
    plz tell me sir

lol ^^

• Lurker6
    Lurker6 Members Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    there not just going after blacks the racists are targeting immigrants period heard about this a while ago
  • judahxulu
    Options
    plz tell me sir

yet after all your hysterical one-liners are going on, we are making history. you have no fruits to show forth but your scathing internet wit. you auditioning for yo mama with vilmer wilderama or whatever his name is? your lack of an intelligent and relevant response shows your fruitlessness. your opinions of whos who and whats what according to your stupid little cults slant on biblical prophecy hold no weight in the light of your apparent lack of works to prove the efficacy of what YOURE about.

as far as hip-hop...dude im 5th element zulu nation..we get money from seminars and symposiums; concerts are secondary. i build with the people that started hip-hop in the first place. im over yo head son..

if u studied instead of cracking jokes, youd know it is a proven fact that the majority of the africans in the holy land are descendants of the israelites dispersed westward of eden. we got this ahk...and if u think we just in the desert, you stupid. we worldwide. what are you doing? where are your peoples? wheres a news article attached directly to anything you are about and that supports your paltry interpretation of the kjv?

waiting...

show forth your works, comedian. show us what you are doing CONCRETELY that is better than what I am involved in.
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    plz tell me sir
    they gon knock yo hands up off yo hip when they hit u dip we dip! u finally grown gary coleman ''what u talkin bout wilson'' lookin demon

LMAOOOOOO!!!!
    this dude is a clown for real...
  • beenwize
    beenwize Members Posts: 2,024 ✭✭
    Options
    Lol @ young king.. u crazy as hell.