Gearbox Prasies Wii U

Options
focus
focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2012 in IllGaming
Aliens: Colonial Marines Wii U version will be the best looking one
10 May 20, 2012 11:46 AM

We’ve heard plenty of good things about the Wii U from developer Gearbox, and the praise continues. In a recent interview with Gamespot, Gearbox’ Randy Pitchford talked about their upcoming game Aliens: Colonial Marines, and he said that the Wii U version of the game will be the best looking one. He said:

“The Wii U is a next-gen system, so it’s natural that it’s a very powerful system. It’s up to Nintendo to talk about their system and they have not revealed all of the details yet. So far we have been thrilled with it [the Wii U] and it’s clear to us that the best looking console version of the game is going to be on the Wii U.”

Aliens: Colonial Marines was one of the first Wii U games to be showcased last year. Details about Wii U specific features and controller additions remain unknown, but Gearbox is expected to unveil everything at E3. The developer has previously praised the Wii U, saying it has a lot to offer that no other platform can do. Last month, Gearbox confirmed that the Wii U was more powerful than the current gen systems, according to the dev kit they were working on. It’s rumored that the dev kit hardware has since gotten even better, and is able to run the Unreal Engine 4.

http://wiiudaily.com/2012/05/aliens-colonial-marines-wii-u/

Comments

• LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thread title threw me off

I thought gearbox was slang for ?
  • focus
    Options
    Aliens: Colonial Marines February 2013 Release Date Confirmed
    Gearbox's FPS follows Bioshock Infinite and Tomb Raider in slipping to 2013.
    by Luke Karmali MAY 21, 2012

Gearbox has announced that Aliens: Colonial Marines will be released globally on February 12th, 2013. The first-person shooter based on the characters and locales from the Aliens franchise is due out on Xbox 360, PS3, and PC. A Wii U release is also confirmed, though the date will be revealed at a later time.

The game just got pushed back, but only the 360 and PS3 versions officially, which is strange since Wii U will be out by the new date. I wonder if Nintendo has a timed exclusive.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ha. That Randy Pitchford dude is weird. Pretty sure his team made that last Duke Nukem game.... 2 outta 10 scores all across the board. Nobody should even ask him for his opinion because he obviously doesn't know what makes a good game.

• focus
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Darksiders II Wii U features under a “strict gag order”
    Thu, May 24, 2012 | 07:09 BST

Nintendo won’t let Vigil boast about the fun it’s having with the Wii U version of Darksiders II until after E3.

“Nintendo’s put a full gag on everything until E3,” creative manager Jeremy Greiner told Vooks.

“If I didn’t have a strict gag order on me, I’d love to talk about all the great features that we have. but what I can tell you is that it’s a next generation platform, and you should keep your eyes open.”

Greiner did manage to spill a small hint, where “small” may be read as “miniscule”.

“We’ll obviously be using the unique controller that it has to its utmost potential,” he said.

“But speaking to specific features or tech effects – well, that’s in Nintendo’s playground right now. And I know that they have plans for E3.”

Darksiders II is due on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in August, but the Wii U version remains undated.

http://www.vg247.com/2012/05/24/darksiders-ii-wii-u-features-under-a-strict-gag-order/?
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When exactly is E3?
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    When exactly is E3?

Some time early next month.