Miguel > > The Weeknd & Frank Ocean

Options
bkkbully
bkkbully Members Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2012 in R&B & Alternatives
When people talk about new RnB music, either The Weeknd or Frank Ocean comes up. IMO Miguel is better than both of them, and underrated in the R&B scene. He can sing better, has better range & tone than The Weeknd & Frank Ocean, and writes & produces better songs than them. Why do you think Miguel doesn't get as much love as Frank Ocean & The Weeknd even though Miguel gets rotation on the radio and they don't?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vxjn7R_TU0o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAa5YeLQTBc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XsKDAHNefw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W331-zsj90

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • bkkbully
    Options
    didn't know people still talked about these guys....

Maybe its just my part of town then. When you think of new RnB cats who do you think of? Put me on
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol @ jamel

ol hating ass

Miguel is dope tho
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yea his cd was banging though he looks fruity as ?
  • bkkbully
    Options
    I just downloaded all of the Art Dealer Chic EPs he released for free. Even though they're only 9 songs combined, they're all solid! Miguel was also on Lotus Flower Bomb with Wale, and that's Wale's biggest hit to date
  • Leah_Bonita
    Leah_Bonita Members Posts: 839 ✭✭✭
    Options
    you should have put "? Is Mine" up there to but its simple really weekend&frank ocean us the net to there advantage more people us the net to listen&get music than the radio hell idk any of my friends who even still listen to radio its either Cds or Ipods mostly Ipods plus weeknd has drake co-signing him&Frank Ocean has Odd Future...Miguel has no one co-signing him besides his label and this is the age of the independent artist so you know the label co-signing him aint much help he also rarely drops mixtapes where Weeknd&Frank Ocean have dropped multiple mixtapes
  • oatmealdude
    oatmealdude Members Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bkkbully wrote:
    When people talk about new RnB music, either The Weeknd or Frank Ocean comes up. IMO Miguel is better than both of them, and underrated in the R&B scene. He can sing better, has better range & tone than The Weeknd & Frank Ocean, and writes & produces better songs than them. Why do you think Miguel doesn't get as much love as Frank Ocean & The Weeknd even though Miguel gets rotation on the radio and they don't?

this dude is asscheeks good auto-tune singer but ? live performer so he LOSES
  • bkkbully
    Options
    bkkbully wrote:

Who? Miguel is asscheeks live?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDQE3WLFlZQ
  • bkkbully
    Options
    Trill 5015 wrote: »
    you should have put "? Is Mine" up there to but its simple really weekend&frank ocean us the net to there advantage more people us the net to listen&get music than the radio hell idk any of my friends who even still listen to radio its either Cds or Ipods mostly Ipods plus weeknd has drake co-signing him&Frank Ocean has Odd Future...Miguel has no one co-signing him besides his label and this is the age of the independent artist so you know the label co-signing him aint much help he also rarely drops mixtapes where Weeknd&Frank Ocean have dropped multiple mixtapes

But Miguel dropped 3 free EPs this year that was independent. But I feel what your saying with the iPods and internet.
  • oatmealdude
    oatmealdude Members Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    bkkbully wrote: »
    bkkbully wrote:

Who? Miguel is asscheeks live?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDQE3WLFlZQ

dude trust me thats not what we got me and my girl been to two shows where he performed live and they we're both asscheeks i guess he shows up when he wants huh and thats ? for ppl who spend money to go see him and i wont spend another dime on dude we left the show feelin like wdf did we just pay for and the feeling was the same with most of the other guests who who were in our area
  • Leah_Bonita
    Leah_Bonita Members Posts: 839 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options

But Miguel dropped 3 free EPs this year that was independent. But I feel what your saying with the iPods and internet.

even so he doesnt push his own ? his record label does you never see migual on twitter or fb campaigning like weeknd or frank ocean does actually frank doesnt have to campaigin every one knows his one of the best rappers in the group along with earl&tyler which is basically who people really be feeling&weeknd gets featured on so much drake ? it might as well be his song not drakes not to mention drake admitted weeknd taught him his style of singing he uses listen to drake then the weeknd right after you can tell drake is super influenced by him....whose migual really influencing when is he campaiging he doesnt cause he depends on his label which is a bad thing to do in this era of music mostly every rapper&singing out is independent well the new ones anyway
  • bkkbully
    Options

even so he doesnt push his own ? his record label does you never see migual on twitter or fb campaigning like weeknd or frank ocean does actually frank doesnt have to campaigin every one knows his one of the best rappers in the group along with earl&tyler which is basically who people really be feeling&weeknd gets featured on so much drake ? it might as well be his song not drakes not to mention drake admitted weeknd taught him his style of singing he uses listen to drake then the weeknd right after you can tell drake is super influenced by him....whose migual really influencing when is he campaiging he doesnt cause he depends on his label which is a bad thing to do in this era of music mostly every rapper&singing out is independent well the new ones anyway

Interesting perspective. So talent wise, would you say Weeknd & Ocean >>> Miguel? Just based off talent alone and nothing else?
  • R.D.
    Options
    Yooooooooooo that Adorn joint is sick

He know damn well that joint should be longer
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited May 2012
    Options
    outa the 3 of them, i agree. weeknd only has one sound & frank ocean's voice isn't strong. sound like he's talkin most of the time. if anything miguel is the most versatile/better overall artist.
  • bkkbully
    Options
    outa the 3 of them, i agree. weeknd only has one sound & frank ocean's voice isn't strong. sound like he's talkin most of the time. if anything miguel is the most versatile/better overall artist.

Word thats what I think too. Miguel's seems like he's here for the long run and making music for longevity. As well as dabbling in production & songwriting
  • R.D.
    Options
    disagree about the Weeknd though

He's got the most potential
  • bkkbully
    Options
    I like how Miguel is all over the radio with no co-sign from anyone. In these times where a co-sign is 'necessary' its refreshing to just see talent rise on their own
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i listen to all three ...but i think frank got it
  • 209murdamike
    209murdamike Members Posts: 557 ✭✭✭
    Options
    i'd take frank ocean
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    miguel a real ? . seen him in concert
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    I tried to get into Miguel's first album...wasn't that good to me outside of Sure Thing
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @blackrain ...you ever ? with this ? ??

miguel+mischief+mixtape.jpg

i think its his best work personally
  • R.D.
    Options
    miguel album was ? great