Garnett Calls Philly Fans "Fairweather" Philly Journalist responds by saying Boston fans are racist

Options
OceanState
OceanState Members Posts: 203
edited May 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
...and that they will turn on KG if the Celtics don't win the title.
Philly.com – So, Kevin Garnett has decided that he wanted to boost the collective psyche of those wannabe fans in Boston, endearing himself to them by calling the fans of the City of Brotherly Love “fair-weathered.” You think we’re the fair weather type, do you? Ok, to that I say that it’s better to be fair weather than to be anything remotely akin the cretins that unleashed their racist vitriol via Twitter upon Washington Capitals defenseman Joel Ward, a Black hockey player, last month after he eliminated Boston’s Bruins from the NHL playoffs with an overtime goal. No, this wasn’t the whole Boston fan base, not at all. But it’s not a coincidence that Bill Russell, the biggest sports winner in the history of Boston sports, absolutely loathed the city and a fan base that he saw as racist. So my advice to you, KG, is that you’re better off winning this series, the next one and then the next. Because if you let those stalwart fans down, who knows what they’ll unleash on you. We do know what they are capable of.

thoughts?

Comments

• BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I blog on a Celtics site they're extremely racist its no coincidence we dont land big time free agents lol
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
  • OceanState
    OceanState Members Posts: 203
    Options
    81488156.gif

top 10 gif of all time in my opinion
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Philly fans are everything but fair weather I think KG just trying to get hype for the game.

And let's not act like there aren't any fair weather celtics fans
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    its a well known fact that the area is home to more racists than most anywhere in the country. but its stupid for someone in the media to catch a case and try to throw that back at KG like he gives a ? . He's from country ass Mauldin, south carolina, he aint worried about Boston people. win or lose
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Im a sixer fan that lives in central connecticut and my dads side of the family lived just outside boston since my dad was 7. My dads fam faced more ignant ? in Boston than growing up in the segregated south. Boston is just as fair weather if not more fair weather. The patriots used to have hella low attendance before the titles. The bruins were fairweather when the team was .500 in the late 90's and 2000's. The red sox sell out every game now but in the 90's there were always 1,000 or so tickets game day and empty bleacher seats.

The celtics post having whiteboys in the starting lineup that were impact players have had the lowest fan following in boston even during Pierce in his prime pre big 3. There were hella empty yellow seats watching local basketball telecasts growing up. Nobody around school growing up had celtics ? on till my senior year of HS (2008) when they got the big 3.

Boston is one of the worse towns if not the worse for a black athlete. They profiled Carl Crawford before deciding to offer him a contract for the red sox. And garnett is praised because his team does good and hes a good athlete. Let garnett be a mediocre black athlete on a .500 team and see if his perspective changes.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if you live in philly you'd understand better.

the eagles are everyones first team an another team is the back up....kinda ? is that?

same with the sixers and philles...

most ppl in this city dont ride out for they team..

whent he eagles win ? wearing eagles shirts to work...when they lose..no shirts but plenty of complaints
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? Boston! Garbage city..
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Barry Bonds said it too when he came to Fenway
  • Anti_matter
    Anti_matter Members Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    its a well known fact that the area is home to more racists than most anywhere in the country. but its stupid for someone in the media to catch a case and try to throw that back at KG like he gives a ? . He's from country ass Mauldin, south carolina, he aint worried about Boston people. win or lose

exactly. He just works in Boston. He lives in Cali in the off season.

• gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    my thoughts on the article is that, the reporter aint neva lied.
    axel aka the blackman i dont know how u became a fan of them ? .
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    gns wrote: »

He's a fan of the team, not the city
  • BlackAX410
    Options

Back in 01 I was lookin for someone to model my game after since I was unathletic as ? became a Paul Pierce stan then pulled for the team eva since i neva even been to boston but I heard bout ? they do ? i see it on Celtics Blog u play 1 bad game nd ? real on dat site, they love Scalabrine's ? ass tho lol
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Philly fans are crazy. Point blank period. But they love their teams. there loved them like siblings. they can talk bad about them all day but if you say something. RUN!!

Those Irish MFer up there in Boston will skin your ass, regardless. After Garnett get through playing there. He will have to move. Hell he dont stay there anyway!(in the off season)
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options

No offense to axel or any black celtics fans but one of my younger uncles was was born in the 70's just outside boston is a lakers fan. the majority of black folk born in boston before the late 80's ended up being either laker fans or fans of teams that had strong black stars like the bad boy pistons. My bro who was born in the mid 90's is a celtics fan and most black kids now ? with the celtics cause the teams have black stars now but my uncle hated the celtics growing up in the 80's.

• Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So boston fans are racist and fairweather...
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »

No offense to axel or any black celtics fans but one of my younger uncles was was born in the 70's just outside boston is a lakers fan. the majority of black folk born in boston before the late 80's ended up being either laker fans or fans of teams that had strong black stars like the bad boy pistons. My bro who was born in the mid 90's is a celtics fan and most black kids now ? with the celtics cause the teams have black stars now but my uncle hated the celtics growing up in the 80's.

aye man look lol I didnt like the Celtics because of Celtic pride nd all dat ? I gravitated to em because I modeled my game after Paul Pierce he just happened to stay wit da Celtics for 14 years nd now ima most likely pull for em even after he retires trust me i give NO ? about da other boston teams lol
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options

aye man look lol I didnt like the Celtics because of Celtic pride nd all dat ? I gravitated to em because I modeled my game after Paul Pierce he just happened to stay wit da Celtics for 14 years nd now ima most likely pull for em even after he retires trust me i give NO ? about da other boston teams lol

Nah i can respect that and thats understandable like i said i ain't mean no disrespect lol even my lil bro is a C's fan too lol our house divided during this series. We went to that sixers C's game together this past easter almost didn't drive him back home after yall blew us out hahaha.
  • BlackAX410
    Options

Nah i can respect that and thats understandable like i said i ain't mean no disrespect lol even my lil bro is a C's fan too lol our house divided during this series. We went to that sixers C's game together this past easter almost didn't drive him back home after yall blew us out hahaha.
    lmao man it hurts we gon blow dis team up after dis year i had to sit thru dat ? in da mid 2000's wit Orien Greene Brandon Hunter Jiri Welsch nd Mark Blount gettin rotational minutes a lot of these "Celtics fans" will be gone after dis year im just enjoying da last ride
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lmao @ unathletic being the reason to become a pierce fan.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i thought this was pretty much known
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Shots fired..
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    i thought this was pretty much known

You know how "they" like to sweep ? like this under the rug.
  • BlackAX410
    Options

aye man look lol I was 9 T-Mac, AI, Kobe, Vince, Steve Francis, Baron Davis was the guys everyone modeled their game after I had neither athleticism nor speed so I had look at Pierce highlights nd looked at footwork
  • Jdilla26
    Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

aye man look lol I was 9 T-Mac, AI, Kobe, Vince, Steve Francis, Baron Davis was the guys everyone modeled their game after I had neither athleticism nor speed so I had look at Pierce highlights nd looked at footwork
    Around that time Paul Pierce was Top 5 around 2000-02 good person to model ya game after b/c he kept the game simple........OAN KG just talking ? as usual Philly fans are far from fair weather.....