Parker Says Westbrook Hasn't Face A PG Like Him Yet

Options
MR.CJ
MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
SAN ANTONIO (AP) Tony Parker says Russell Westbrook hasn't faced another point guard in these playoffs quite like him.

The marquee matchup of the Western Conference finals will be the dueling All-Stars. Parker said Wednesday that his Oklahoma City counterpart is in for something different than what the Thunder saw the first two rounds.

Parker said ''it's not going to be like Dallas or the Lakers'' for Westbrook, adding that their point guards are ''not as aggressive'' as the Spurs' leading scorer. Parker is averaging 19.1 points and a career-best 7.1 assists through eight consecutive playoff wins.

Westbrook is 23, an age when Parker had already won two NBA titles. The 30-year-old Parker is in position to make the up-and-coming Thunder go through him to get a shot at a championship.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/parker-says-westbrook-hasnt-faced-202710696--nba.html;_ylt=Amxj4RQWrpXdkvZwjVOihSa8vLYF

Comments

• its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I cant wait for that matchup right there
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cause he hasn't ramon sessions and j kidd aint ? compared to parker
  • Jdilla26
    Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Shots fired........And he's right Westbrook hasnt faced a PG like TP but the same can be said for TP he hasnt faced a PG like Westbrook b/c RW stays aggressive.......Paul was injured and was a shell on himself in that 2nd RD this is the matchup thats gonna determine the series
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it go both ways.. Parker hasnt face one like Westbrook... cant wait for the series
  • FroHawke
    FroHawke Members Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Why do I feel like this series probably goes 5? This stuff happens all the time to overhyped match ups...watch the Spurs blow by the Thunder
  • In Your Moms Room
    In Your Moms Room Members Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Parker got the stripes to say this. Can't be mad.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    cant wait for this series
  • sTaY_TrUe
    sTaY_TrUe Members Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can't wait to see what Russell do against a good pg just as aggressive as him
  • plocc
    plocc Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This will be the series that Westbrook loses his cool. But its part of his education. Like Jordan losing to Detroit, getting schooled by Zeke and Dumars. The Spurs are on a mission this season. Parker aint a chest beating loudmouth, but you can tell he's playing with a chip on his shoulder, like yall (us fans) forgot about us and who really is the best point guard in the game. Its been all about cp3, dwill, and westbrook. Parker's got his mind right, shook wifey, got healthy and got focused. That being said. After this season the Thunder got it locked the next couple of years.
  • rakim ii
    rakim ii Members Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Parker schooled Westbrook during the regular season
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    it go both ways.. Parker hasnt face one like Westbrook... cant wait for the series

what do you call cp3??? and dont give me that injured stuff, if you are out there, then you healthy
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Spurs havent lost since april 11 tho...ijs the thunder go have to be on top game.
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    when you have 3 rings you can say what Parker said...
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Spurs in 5
    ocelot wrote: »
    when you have 3 rings you can say what Parker said...

I co-signed these 2 post.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    These players might as well retire after they get 1 ring, 'cause ? damn near tattoo their names on their necks when they do.

Ring or no ring, all I know is that fans are actin' real snobbish, and now even Spurs players are actin' real snobbish for a squad that choked in the first round a year ago.

Spurs startin' to make the same mistake the lakers did -- giving a younger, faster team something extra to play for.

Shows people didn't learn ? from Jordan. Jordan used to befriend all his enemies and treat'em like kinfolks -- until the tip off. Then he'll drop half-a-hunned on'em and add them to his next Gatorade commercial highlight.

• rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Parker has a point...but he's crazy if he thinks Westbrook and the Thunder are going to be an easy out. This ? going 7.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rage wrote: »
    Parker has a point...but he's crazy if he thinks Westbrook and the Thunder are going to be an easy out. This ? going 7.

Exactly.

And last time I checked, NBA basketball ain't a one-on-one game. And the spurs haven't faced a team like the Thunder yet. (especially the way they're playing now.)

And the regular season series don't mean ? . Bulls swept the Heat last year in the regular season. How'd that work out in the playoffs?

But I like this -- I hope Timmy come out and whisper some dumb ? in the media too. I even hope Captain Jack elbows Harden on the right side of his head in game 1.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol TP betta watch it.

1) The statement is true, but hell we're talkin Ramon Sessions and Jason Kidd. Mario Chalmers could make that statement and it'd still be true lol

2) When youth overtakes Age, it happens QUICK. So i wouldnt be suprised at all for Westbrook to go HAM this series.

I've said it many times before: a good team D can nuetralize Durant, but there is no answer for a scoring PG like RW other than himself
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »
    aneed123 wrote: »

what do you call cp3??? and dont give me that injured stuff, if you are out there, then you healthy
    cp3 and Westbrook are 2 different players
  • ocelot
    Options
    Yall OKC fans falling for the ? trap like Bodie is about to come game one... Expect 30 shot attempts max this series... Bodie gonna feel like he got something to prove and forget about everyone else....lol
  • ocelot
    Options
    and for the record Devin Harris/ Chris Paul>>>>>> Kidd/Sessions
  • ocelot
    Options
    rage wrote: »

Exactly.

And last time I checked, NBA basketball ain't a one-on-one game. And the spurs haven't faced a team like the Thunder yet. (especially the way they're playing now.)

And the regular season series don't mean ? . Bulls swept the Heat last year in the regular season. How'd that work out in the playoffs?But I like this -- I hope Timmy come out and whisper some dumb ? in the media too. I even hope Captain Jack elbows Harden on the right side of his head in game 1.

Not+Sure+if+serious.jpg
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sessions/Kidd>Harris
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Spurs have a better all around team than okc. Westbrook and Durant gonna have to do what Lebron and Wade did in game 4 to beat the spurs
This discussion has been closed.