Hot Boys in RARE form on this underground GEM..... This is why I say they were better than the WU !

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the hb's get love all over the U.S.A, so impact wise they're truely more felt..... U won't hear nobody knockin wutang in the midwest or the south, ? they're lucky if they get bang out west....

4 teenagers fresh off the porch came thru and gave grown adults a glimpse of vivid N.O. reality and it changed the way consumers/artists approached rap music still to today....

? listen to vintage cash money and "feel" what them "teenagers" are spittin, ? listen to vintange wu tang and "think" man these "grown" ? are outdated like a muthafuka.....
  • juan travolta
    juan travolta Members Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    U don't know what everyone is bumping though bro. That whole the south or west ain't bumping certain artist isn't even true.

I know that cali has wu tang fans. Once in a great while ill see wu shirts where I stay at.
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol @ "wu's words didnt mean ? "

Honestly, whoever says this, do everyone a favor and smack the ? outta yourself. Please step your lyrical comprehension up.

• H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    HAF BAYKED wrote: »
    Impact Wise?......t/s didnt say ? about what type of impact they had on the game......i just dont see how its so hard to understand that people relate to ? thats closer to them, using the slang they use.....once again i got love for wu tang but i never heard nobody slappin them in the whip.....just like im sure boosie aint gettin play up in the "Boroughs", and i can understand that....

as much as ya'll dont want to believe it....Wu-Tang is not "classic" in the south.....but its a few worldly college ? on that ?

Notice how half of them classic's were pushed out of trunks and mom and pop spots but still found their way to best buy's and FYI's.............

^^^^^^ T/S.

Me and T/S might be engaged in a convo that's over other peoples heads so when he tells me about moving CDs out the trunk and
    Mom & PoP spots I'm going to respond from my angle about label deals and publishing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pd7osQ3MWDo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Los Angelas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl3hpFOtw_k&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Chicago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0mbT-CsT-U&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Houston

Wu Fest Tour Dates 2011-2012

12/15/11 — Starland Ballroom — Sayerville, NJ
    12/16/11 — Trocadero — Philadelphia, PA
    12/17/11 — Northern Lights — Clifton Park, NY
    12/18/11 — Best Buy — New York, NY
    12/19/11 — Higher Ground — Burlington, VT
    12/20/11 — State Theatre — Portland, ME
    12/22/11 — Chameleon Club — Lancaster, PA
    12/23/11 — State Theatre — Falls Church, VA
    12/26/11 — Town Ballroom
    12/27/11 — Toads — New Haven, CT
    12/28/11 — Wilbur Theatre — Boston, MA
    12/29/11 — Sherman Theatre — Stroudsburg, PA
    12/30/11 — Lupo’s — Providence, RI
    1/04/12 — Royal Oak — Royal Oak, MI
    1/06/12 — Rave — Milwaukee,WI
    1/07/12 — Epic — Minneapolis, MN
    1/08/12 — Congress — Chicago, IL
    1/12/12 — House of Blues — Houston, TX
    1/13/12 — House of Blues — Dallas, TX
    1/14/12 — Emo’s East — Austin, TX
    1/17/12 — The Marquee — Tempe, AZ
    1/18/12 — The Grove — Anaheim, CA
    1/19/12 — House of Blues — Las Vegas, NV
    1/21/12 — Nokia — Los Angeles, CA
    1/22/12 — Regency — San Francisco, CA
    1/23/12 — Mateel Community — Redway, CA
    1/25/12 — Sodo — Seattle, WA

• CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The fact that i can still pull out get it how you live and guerrila warfare and still bump them all the way through with appreciation speaks volumes. Wu tang always seemed likea group only new yorkers, asians, and skaters could appreciate. 36 chambers is a classic but it didnt age well.

The dude who said hotboys changed the game is correct, they introduced stunt rap (bling, big rims).

Hotboys art of composing a story on raps is 2nd to none. Its mostly regional bais that seperates the appreciation for the 2 groups. East coasters caught feelings and cant actually give the hb's the props they need. Every year people ask if the hotboys are back together yet.
  • (Nope)
    (Nope) Members Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Wu were a giant in the East, the impact was crazy ,but not everyone in NY loved the WU, lots of listeners were turned-off because of the esoteric nature of their music. (Kung fu references, Supreme Math)

They also revolutionized the way groups/labels did business in the record industry, someone more knowledgeable about the inner workings of their label situation could expound on that. (@H-Rap 180 did.)

If you lived in the east an album like "Liquid Swords" , sounded cold ,sounded like winter , it was meant to sound that way , it was real vivid, it was real visual.

That album is flawless to me, but I could see why someone from a warmer climate wouldn't relate to that album the same way.

Method Man-"Sub Crazy" , gave you that raw, digi-smoke ,dusted out feeling ...leak was huge in the streets at that time.

Tekitha's voice was ? amazing, I could go on and on , for a period of time the Wu were untouchable.

They had and still have a huge impact on Hip Hop, if it wasn't for the Rza there would be no Just Blaze or Kanye West.

So many rap-crews above and underground modeled themselves after the WU, or took that style and tried to run with it.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but this is apples and oranges.

• juan travolta
    juan travolta Members Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i like both. i prefer listening to hot boys though.

lyric for lyric there not seeing wu's weakest member.

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Why you couldn't give the hot boys props without throwing the wu name in your thread title? You looking for attention?
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    MobTown wrote: »
    The fact that i can still pull out get it how you live and guerrila warfare and still bump them all the way through with appreciation speaks volumes. Wu tang always seemed likea group only new yorkers, asians, and skaters could appreciate. 36 chambers is a classic but it didnt age well.

The dude who said hotboys changed the game is correct, they introduced stunt rap (bling, big rims).

Hotboys art of composing a story on raps is 2nd to none. Its mostly regional bais that seperates the appreciation for the 2 groups. East coasters caught feelings and cant actually give the hb's the props they need. Every year people ask if the hotboys are back together yet.

Yeah because Slick Rick, Big Daddy Kane, Dana Dane, and ? yo I guess you can throw in the Bad Boy Shiny Suit era in there too.

It's just plain and simple after Juvenile blew up that's when the rest of the country took notice to them, Wu came out 1st record not even an album and caught the ear of damn near everyone no one had seen 9 members in 1 group spittin lyrics. For people to say they all they do is ramble ya'll are ? simple minded muthafuckas. Doesn't age well ? Okay if you say subject matters like "Can't it be all so simple", "C.R.E.A.M" arem't being spun into new songs everyday on some simple ? . But what does age well is the guy who is credited with Bling Bling doesn't even wear jewelery any more except on his boston bake bean teeth. But I guess what is going to age well is grown men gang banging.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wayne was the worst hb still is.

Those rappers had jewelry yes but not all diamonded out fake or not until these boys did, even if someone did it was probally was before my era since cmr run came when i was a freshman. Thats what i remember....
  • runningwolf1980
    runningwolf1980 Members Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    Impact Wise?......t/s didnt say ? about what type of impact they had on the game......i just dont see how its so hard to understand that people relate to ? thats closer to them, using the slang they use.....once again i got love for wu tang but i never heard nobody slappin them in the whip.....just like im sure boosie aint gettin play up in the "Boroughs", and i can understand that....

as much as ya'll dont want to believe it....Wu-Tang is not "classic" in the south.....but its a few worldly college ? on that ?

Notice how half of them classic's were pushed out of trunks and mom and pop spots but still found their way to best buy's and FYI's.............

^^^^^^ T/S.

Me and T/S might be engaged in a convo that's over other peoples heads so when he tells me about moving CDs out the trunk and
    Mom & PoP spots I'm going to respond from my angle about label deals and publishing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pd7osQ3MWDo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Los Angelas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl3hpFOtw_k&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Chicago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0mbT-CsT-U&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Houston

Wu Fest Tour Dates 2011-2012

12/15/11 — Starland Ballroom — Sayerville, NJ
    12/16/11 — Trocadero — Philadelphia, PA
    12/17/11 — Northern Lights — Clifton Park, NY
    12/18/11 — Best Buy — New York, NY
    12/19/11 — Higher Ground — Burlington, VT
    12/20/11 — State Theatre — Portland, ME
    12/22/11 — Chameleon Club — Lancaster, PA
    12/23/11 — State Theatre — Falls Church, VA
    12/26/11 — Town Ballroom
    12/27/11 — Toads — New Haven, CT
    12/28/11 — Wilbur Theatre — Boston, MA
    12/29/11 — Sherman Theatre — Stroudsburg, PA
    12/30/11 — Lupo’s — Providence, RI
    1/04/12 — Royal Oak — Royal Oak, MI
    1/06/12 — Rave — Milwaukee,WI
    1/07/12 — Epic — Minneapolis, MN
    1/08/12 — Congress — Chicago, IL
    1/12/12 — House of Blues — Houston, TX
    1/13/12 — House of Blues — Dallas, TX
    1/14/12 — Emo’s East — Austin, TX
    1/17/12 — The Marquee — Tempe, AZ
    1/18/12 — The Grove — Anaheim, CA
    1/19/12 — House of Blues — Las Vegas, NV
    1/21/12 — Nokia — Los Angeles, CA
    1/22/12 — Regency — San Francisco, CA
    1/23/12 — Mateel Community — Redway, CA
    1/25/12 — Sodo — Seattle, WA

i caught them in va...man "creepin in tha shadows!!!"
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think it's another "regional" and "older" thing... most Midwest and south cats gone identify wit da hot boys... and older and east coast gone ? wit wu I personally ? wit hot boys cuz I identify wit dem more... but I dont knock wu cuz obviously dey got a fan base...
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isumZjs3dKA

aight i just bumped this ? .....and its dope no lie....but u know how when your favorite rapper say some ? that hit u in the head and u be like "HAA" and get that crunk feeling and turn it up?.......yeah......that never happened

real talk GZA was the only one whose ? even went together nice....like i could bob my head to it
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

B.G got my favorite verse on this track...

"B.G. Labeled as bust back ? , can't let yo chrome put holes in me, ? dat ? ..."
  • HafBayked
    Options
    uh uh hold ya horses, i got a k wit 50 choices uh uh choose one, i set it off to blues one
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Plap Sun
    Plap Sun Members Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    to ? this convo

wu tang first deal - $60,000

hot boys first deal - $30 mill and they already was sellin 100,00 albums out the trunk

i ? with wu tang but ill take turk over odb any day
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

HB spit nothing different then what was already out... WU came with a sound that was felt WW. The Purple Tape was and still is one of the greatest hip hop albums ever. When Wu dropped the double CD... son ? was skipping school t cop that ? ... every song fire... HB were cool but son.... WU was on some other ? ....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE3hb__ylG4
  • HafBayked
    Options
    where were u at blaz?
  • John_Blazini
    Options
    what u mean my g?
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    ^^^^^ not everyone gon relate to dat ? so many words used outta context in dat 1st verse

Yo yo assassination vaccination poor education
    infatuation with Satan with global nataion taxation
    Fiberoptic microscopic biological germ
    Mad Cow burger on the market, Captain a ? starship
    I never departed once I started
    to explore these regions that was uncharted
    Leave your heart broken, y'all stand tall
    like buildings on Van ? 's, all mics
    Beats strike like a noisy four train late night
    Chase got New York for the Life, we out of state
    Can't smoke a bone in the staircase with out gettin chased
    Penny candy poisonous rappers, best to chill or get your head gashed
    Lemonhead, sour Patch kids, best to grab
    a Life Savor, I'll Jawbreak ya, Boston Bake ya
    Then plant my sunflower seed on every square acre
    The beauty of my nature shown through Shaquaisha I Mecca
    When I made myself Equality, known to my reflector
    Stay in your playpen boy, and babble for your formula and cried
    you pacified, this lullaby from the black butterfly
  • John_Blazini
    edited May 2012
    Options
    not everyone can relate to candy paint.... selling drugs but talent is talent etc.... Wu makes u think... ? even to this day i will listen to some ? and be like... oh ? thats what he meant... WU is world wide son... a sound loved all over the globe... WU is a brand that ? all over paid to be down with.... Wu was some other ? ... Im not knocking HB i like some of their stuff but compared to WU nah son.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u33sSMvsx4c&feature=BFa&list=AL94UKMTqg-9COEFAT6dXg-A-t4AZk0iFn
  • Plap Sun
    Plap Sun Members Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^^^^ not everyone gon relate to dat ? so many words used outta context in dat 1st verse

Yo yo assassination vaccination poor education
    infatuation with Satan with global nataion taxation
    Fiberoptic microscopic biological germ
    Mad Cow burger on the market, Captain a ? starship
    I never departed once I started
    to explore these regions that was uncharted
    Leave your heart broken, y'all stand tall
    like buildings on Van ? 's, all mics
    Beats strike like a noisy four train late night
    Chase got New York for the Life, we out of state
    Can't smoke a bone in the staircase with out gettin chased
    Penny candy poisonous rappers, best to chill or get your head gashed