College Football fans ...Have you read this book?

Options
DillaDeaf
DillaDeaf Members Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
Name of the book is Three and Out:

THREE-AND-OUT-thumb-250x362-89978.jpg

Cliff Note:

*Basically the author shows how a reporter (Michael Rosenberg of the Detroit Free Press) fakes ? (like Scott Templeton on the Wire) and ? up a coaching career at Michigan before it even starts

*Show how the ex coach (Carr) screws over both Les Miles (who should had been in the running -- rumors was that he cheated with Moeller's wife during Bo's tenure and Carr bitchassness still try to holds that over him) and also screws RRod, even after he was the one who made the offer to him to come to Michigan.Plus, soon as RRod signs to UM, he personally offered every player an transfer or let them go pro just so they don't play for RRod (the ultimate ? move)

*The A.D. (Bill Martin) who is such an ? A.D. -- ? over the coaching search.

Comments

• Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sorry,I saw michigan on the cover....didn't read.
  • DillaDeaf
    Options
    doubletee wrote: »

Even though I'm a Michigan fan, I do read sports of all teams, I like sports stories in general....and you should read, it a pretty big eye opener....it also covers the WVU buyout stuff...............

• lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    man those were some tough years. real tough. good drop im gonna see if i can get this on my kindle
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Even though I'm a Michigan fan, I do read sports of all teams, I like sports stories in general....and you should read, it a pretty big eye opener....it also covers the WVU buyout stuff...............

I havent but I need to put this on my list.

Also that Ole Miss book with Orgeron as coach. I heard that joint changed the game.
  • DillaDeaf
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »

I havent but I need to put this on my list.

Also that Ole Miss book with Orgeron as coach. I heard that joint changed the game.

Caddo, what the name of that book, I want to look it up....I normally can't stand Ole ? , but I'll read it anyway...
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Dilla Meat Market
    http://www.amazon.com/Meat-Market-Bruce-Feldman/dp/1933060689

In this unprecedented look at college football’s secret season, Bruce Feldman rips the cover off the game’s frenzied pursuit of raw talent, taking you deep inside the SEC war room of recruiting legend Ed Orgeron,the combustible Cajun who helped build national championship teams at the University of Miami and at USC. In a stunning, blow-by-blow account of the year leading up to National Signing Day 2007, the award-winning journalist shadows Orgeron and his Ole Miss assistants as they set about hunting high school students, pleading, plotting, and inventing ways to lure them to their sleepy Oxford campus. Packed with candid confessions and outrageous off-the-field action, Meat Market makes what happens on the field seem almost tame by comparison.

If Ol' Ed could coach half as good as he can recruit, that MFer would have had Ole ? in the National stage for years.
  • DillaDeaf
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    @Dilla Meat Market
    http://www.amazon.com/Meat-Market-Bruce-Feldman/dp/1933060689

In this unprecedented look at college football’s secret season, Bruce Feldman rips the cover off the game’s frenzied pursuit of raw talent, taking you deep inside the SEC war room of recruiting legend Ed Orgeron,the combustible Cajun who helped build national championship teams at the University of Miami and at USC. In a stunning, blow-by-blow account of the year leading up to National Signing Day 2007, the award-winning journalist shadows Orgeron and his Ole Miss assistants as they set about hunting high school students, pleading, plotting, and inventing ways to lure them to their sleepy Oxford campus. Packed with candid confessions and outrageous off-the-field action, Meat Market makes what happens on the field seem almost tame by comparison.

If Ol' Ed could coach half as good as he can recruit, that MFer would have had Ole ? in the National stage for years.

I'm trying to remember a few of his recruits that year, but I def remember that class being South Panola (Batesville, MS) pipeline heavy...those South Panola boys are coveted every year...it actually breaking news if Miss. State or any other SEC schools get them beside Ole ? .......