I understand the physicality of the sport

Options
RawAce
RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
but got dayum,
we need some more games in the NFL season.

It jus seem like the season too short and the offseason too long.

Im watching every sport go around and come back before the NFL come back.

Then u got dudes gettin hurt stepping off treadmills wrong and playing pick up basketball,smh,

they should jus be playing.

Comments

• ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RawAce wrote:
    but got dayum,

Then u got dudes gettin hurt stepping off treadmills wrong and playing pick up basketball,smh,

the offseason is crazy........seems like NFL is 365 days a year.......there has no been downtime at all like the NBA when i really miss it around julu, august.....(dark days)....but the NFL is shown in our faces 365.....NFL live has been on ESPN all year and there have been no games played.......NFL does a good job of keeping peole talking about them when there are no games.......
  • In Your Moms Room
    In Your Moms Room Members Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nope. The NFL is perfect.
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ATTS wrote: »
    RawAce wrote:
    but got dayum,

the offseason is crazy........seems like NFL is 365 days a year.......there has no been downtime at all like the NBA when i really miss it around julu, august.....(dark days)....but the NFL is shown in our faces 365.....NFL live has been on ESPN all year and there have been no games played.......NFL does a good job of keeping peole talking about them when there are no games.......

I agree with the coverage,
    NFL fans love the NFL.
    See how the Offseason Thread just as live as a regular season thread.

But im talkin about games,

I hate seeing the MLB and NBA lap the NFL.
    Jus doesnt seem like we get enough.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's good as it is now.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    more games is always a good thing. at least for the viewer. i don't see how any fan of the game could be mad at having the chance to watch more games. i'm sure each time the season has expanded, there were always these same recycled concerns and yet every time the league has extended the regular season the league ends up doing just fine.
  • Matt-
    Options
    never seen threadstarter before post
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    more games is always a good thing. at least for the viewer. i don't see how any fan of the game could be mad at having the chance to watch more games. i'm sure each time the season has expanded, there were always these same recycled concerns and yet every time the league has extended the regular season the league ends up doing just fine.

More games isn't a good thing if the games aren't as good. A longer season may result in a lowering of quality per game.
  • Matt-
    Options
    matt- wrote: »

More games isn't a good thing if the games aren't as good. A longer season may result in a lowering of quality per game.

it might, but it might not. adding games hasn't really hurt the league in the past.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nope. 16 games is perfect. NFL doesn't need to change at all. It just needs a new commissioner.
  • ShadyWorldOrder
    ShadyWorldOrder Members Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    16 games is perfect imo risking more injuries and etc. Damn near all regular seasons games are important
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i got a full season of college football and the nfl to watch

I'm good

I don't have enough time in my schedule to watch more than 3 full games a week anyway
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What about spreading games out more?

Instead of damn near ALL games played on Sunday with one thursday, one monday...

What about 2 Thursday Night games, 2 Monday Night games, 4-5 games first Sunday block, 4-5 games second Sunday block, 2 Sunday Night games.

I'd like having choices because this past year, I forgot which night it was between Sunday/Monday,but nearly all the games were wack. If two games were happening each night, and one was wack, you could watch the other game. Plus it gets more teams national exposure.
  • ya boi g
    ya boi g Members Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I think the NFL str8 at 16 games.
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wouldn't like it if they expanded the regular season. I think they have the perfect amount of games as it is. Its just enough to satisfy most people.
  • kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i would assume they dont play in july/august cuz them the HOTTEST ? months in the year... but yall right bout NFL coverage... espn dont go one day without mentioning the NFL.. u be SOL if u think the NBA stays in the headlines during offseason.. good thing about this year tho is the olympics... we'll get to see a lil bit more of the superstarts...
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    coop9889 wrote: »
    What about spreading games out more?

Instead of damn near ALL games played on Sunday with one thursday, one monday...

What about 2 Thursday Night games, 2 Monday Night games, 4-5 games first Sunday block, 4-5 games second Sunday block, 2 Sunday Night games.

I'd like having choices because this past year, I forgot which night it was between Sunday/Monday,but nearly all the games were wack. If two games were happening each night, and one was wack, you could watch the other game. Plus it gets more teams national exposure.

can't b...this ain't like we playing madden online

u gotta take into a lot of logistical factors

tv schedules
    scheduled events at the stadium
    balancing 32 teams on/off days
    aligning 32 teams on/off days
    balancing west vs east coast travel

team already hate playing on short weeks

the only way a 7 day schedule works is if you split the days up by division (i.e Monday NFC north vs afc north, tuesday NFC east vs AFC east) and then rotate that each week

but then you'd pretty much be on some baseball ? with inter league play

now that I think about it...if that was adopted...your tv would be devoted to the NFL network

you know females/hollywood/other sports ain't going to allow that
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wouldnt mind an 18 game season