Give Me a Shot, Reason Posters!

Options
daboyag1
daboyag1 Members, Writer Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2010 in Roc The Mic Audio
Ya homie DaBoyAG, just droppin off one of my tracks, can I get some feedback please?

Comments

• yeah i rap so don't
    yeah i rap so don't Members Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    maybe after this UFC
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
  • Punisher__
    Punisher__ Members Posts: 3,031 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    No offense, but I think you're trash.

And I mean that in the nicest way possible.
  • daboyag1
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Punisher__ wrote: »

ok, well just let me know what I need to improve on, unless all of it is garbage.
  • Punisher__
    Punisher__ Members Posts: 3,031 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Punisher__ wrote: »

Sike nah. I'm playin'.

You aight. Work on your enunciation.

You sound like a Southerner with a mouth full of chitterlings.
  • da champ
    da champ Members Posts: 1,091
    edited July 2010
    Options
    i liked the joint. you still got some work to do of course.
    some of the doubles actually muffled your words because it didn't sync up properly.
    i dig the subject matter, though.
    the carpenter/ups truck similes were weak

the hard thing about your subject matter, which was dope, was that it was EXTRA straight forward.
    you gotta find a way to throw in some multisyllable rhymes, or some cool similes, or hot lines or something.
    it wasn't bad, it just wasn't great.
  • Tree Fiddy
    Tree Fiddy Members Posts: 1,294
    edited July 2010
    Options
    "Fresh like a tic-tac, but I stay on my toes"

For real?
  • thedesolateone
    thedesolateone Members Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Tree Fiddy wrote: »
    "Fresh like a tic-tac, but I stay on my toes"

For real?

yeah that need a no ?
  • ysl313
    ysl313 Members Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    you sound cheesy...plus you dont sound right on the beat cole already killed
  • Tree Fiddy
    edited July 2010
    Options
    yeah that need a no ?

Nah bro, that was cheezy like ? said. But that type of ? is working these days, so I don't know.
  • thedesolateone
    thedesolateone Members Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    beat and production is nice
    yes too straitforward, put the first verse 2nd
    save the other verses for some other song and write two more verses segwaying into another subject but still related to the chorus
    add a skit at the beginning representing the subject matter
  • hrap-120
    hrap-120 Members Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I like your spirit and respect your effort, what kind of mic did you use...get a Nueman if you can afford it.
    You layered the chorus nicely..ya'll using Pro Tools??

You got talent
    lil-bruh, just try to find a angle were you can get in were you fit in.

If people hate on you take it as a compliment, envy & jealousy is a sign that you are doing something right or something other people cant do.

Just sent you a friend request on Youtube, got a few beats on there i can send you some if you need 'em.

Holla.
  • ysl313
    ysl313 Members Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    hrap-120 wrote: »
    I like your spirit and respect your effort, what kind of mic did you use...get a Nueman if you can afford it.
    You layered the chorus nicely..ya'll using Pro Tools??

You got talent
    lil-bruh, just try to find a angle were you can get in were you fit in.

If people hate on you take it as a compliment, envy & jealousy is a sign that you are doing something right or something other people cant do.

Just sent you a friend request on Youtube, got a few beats on there i can send you some if you need 'em.

Holla.

im glad your helping dude...he does need his own beats and maybe to try to find his own niche

but that hater/jealousy thing is a tired statement...hating = doesn't = success
  • shadb33
    shadb33 Members Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    You got potential. You do sound country as hell tho, sound like u got a plate of pigfeet in your lap while you was rappin. LOL naw but u straight. Keep practicing, and if you are truly serious about this music thing, RELOCATE to atlanta or some other music scene. It's gonna be a lot of competition but you can get more exposure. Montgomery, AL doesn't really have a big music scene does it?
  • daboyag1
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Check me out on number 10 on this dj drama mixtape also, if you have time http://www.datpiff.com/Tha_Advocate_Ballerstatus_Dj_Drama_Willie_The_K.m98271.html
  • hrap-120
    hrap-120 Members Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    ysl313 wrote: »
    im glad your helping dude...he does need his own beats and maybe to try to find his own niche

but that hater/jealousy thing is a tired statement...hating = doesn't = success

If somebody says you are "cheesy" without offering any constructive criticism or pointing out the positive's I call it hate, plain and simple.

If somebody has the guts, nuts, and courage to create some art and share it with the world I can respect them more than I can a person who dosent
    or a person who lacks the creativity, courage, and testicular fortitude to share their artistic creations with the world while being harshly critical of a 19 yr old aspiring M.C.

Yeah he sounds country he's from Alabama, the same place Gucci mane is from so that accent is a plus not a minus.
  • Tree Fiddy
    edited July 2010
    Options
    hrap-120 wrote: »
    If somebody says you are "cheesy" without offering any constructive criticism or pointing out the positive's I call it hate, plain and simple.

If you expect long and drawn out reviews from everybody that listens to your music on the internet, you are misled.

In my opinion, he's lucky to get any reviews whatsoever. If you ask for feedback on the internet, take it or leave it.
  • daboyag1
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Tree Fiddy wrote: »
    If you expect long and drawn out reviews from everybody that listens to your music on the internet, you are misled.

In my opinion, he's lucky to get any reviews whatsoever. If you ask for feedback on the internet, take it or leave it.

Yea I appreciate all feedback, I understand I should have tried to link the tic tac toe and x's and o's wordplay better, but thanks for the feedback, much appreciation my reason fam!
  • weezyfgarbage
    weezyfgarbage Members Posts: 1,673
    edited July 2010
    Options
    You must be doing something right if you have 2 pages full of responses - most of these threads die right away at 5 posts tops.