Which Nas Album was better NI**ER or Illmatic?

Options
2»

Comments

• qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Deep like The Shining, sparkle like a diamond
    Sneak a uzi on the island in my army jacket lining
    - It Ain't Hard To Tell.

So I comes back home, nobody's helping shorty doo-?
    Rollin two Phillies together in the Bridge we called 'em oowops
    - One Love.

They pray "please ? let him spit that Uzi in the army lining
    That shorty doo-? rolling oo-? in the park reclining"
    - Queens Get The Money.

...both Illmatic and Untitled(? ) are great ? albums.
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? changed my life as a young 16 old young ? view on life in America and society. It is the most underrated album of the last decade. But this is my ranking. IWW>>>? >>>Ilmatic.
  • Slap
    Slap Members Posts: 23
    Options
    I love Illmatic…great beat, hard lyrics show off the nas skillz,but sometimes I think that it is overrated…

lets read this http://www.epinions.com/content_4833779844?sb=1

I agree with him
  • alphajjc
    alphajjc Members Posts: 427 ✭✭✭
    Options
    "I would slap the s*** out of somebody for Bill O Reilly," Nas told CBS Local exclusively. "He's the homie, he's cool. William gets a pass. Real people get a pass. We know what this s*** is. We don't interrupt Italians when they say '? ' to each other. They gonna punch you in the mouth if you interrupt that. Don't interrupt us. We pick and choose." Nas acknowledged that other black people might feel differently, but still stood by his statement. "Some might not feel the same way," he said. "Some of us will get angrier about it than others; but some people get a pass. The people that I know who are cool and real n****s, Bill OReilly is a real n****, that's my homie. That's how I'm on it. Some people get a pass.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    I think from a music standpoint it's a toss up. Nas was a much more complete artist by the time untitled came out, while on illmatic nas (for the most part) was just spitting.

Illmatic is the choice for me because of it's impact on the genre.
  • saracenwire
    saracenwire Members Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    is this a real question.

Untitled is average at best.

• Supreme_Mind999
    Supreme_Mind999 Members Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was written was better than illmatic to me...? is in its own catergory..it cant be compared
  • SupremeXXV
    SupremeXXV Members Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I love both of those albums, Ni**er was deeper than Illmatic as far as the lyrics are concerned, but Illmatic is one of the greatest hip-hop/rap albums ever...I'm 'bout to listen to both of 'em.
  • deakino
    deakino Members Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Illmatic no question. Ny State of Mind, Represent, One Love, Lifes A ? , It Aint Hard To Tell it's just epic. ? is dope but no Illmatic imo
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Untitled is a great album but Illmatic is the greatest of all time. Nothing beats Illmatic.
  • will grimey
    will grimey Members Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Illmatic but I think N**ger was a more important album...
  • FlightKing
    FlightKing Members Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You ? never cease to amaze me.

Illmatic has lines that are better than most ? albums.
    "It drops dead, as it does in my breath/ I never sleep, cause sleep is the cousin of death" >>> (insert LP here)

Once again, you never cease to amaze me.
  • moedays
    moedays Members Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This right here. How can you complain about beats when he spits ? like this over a simple piano.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=_PXN0qyjwxs
  • moedays
    moedays Members Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall ? need to go listen to "Untitled/N.I.G.G.E.R." again. That ? is lyrically superior a WHOLE lot of albums, past, present and future. I like the production better now than when it 1st dropped too.