White Guy ethers mainstream music and consumers!!

Options
silverfoxx
silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2012 in The Reason
IMO this guy sums it all up on why I have not and would never appeal to mainstream listeners and why the radio isn't ? . The general conscious of majority of society has been brainwashed and stimulated like zombies to like music THAT THEY DO NOT KNOW WHY FOR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehTdFZCGD0w&list=UUOsmw-DSNXt9Sl_v-MbcCtA&index=2&feature=plcp

This video is GOAT IMO.

Comments

• JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    he aint really saying ? new tho... i mean ..to must of us on this site were music nerds in some respects ...i dont think your catching anyone bumping no kesha round here
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    but what he sayin is somthing every big business does... they bout numbers... with any mass production of anything quality goes down... the music game is so shiesty dat u literally have 2 be "chosen" 2 make it...
  • sonsofscotland
    sonsofscotland Members Posts: 239 ✭✭
    Options
    to chart, the label buys back cd's from mainstream outlets, then sells them back over to smaller record shops, this means u can have 200,000 sales in the first day without actual sales taking place (all done on paper), cd sales are numbered from the stock the shops take, not sales individually from the average person. To get backing from the label these days tends to mean how many they will buy in this loophole to get numbers up, once numbers go up exposure from media tends to be higher.
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    to chart, the label buys back cd's from mainstream outlets, then sells them back over to smaller record shops, this means u can have 200,000 sales in the first day without actual sales taking place (all done on paper), cd sales are numbered from the stock the shops take, not sales individually from the average person. To get backing from the label these days tends to mean how many they will buy in this loophole to get numbers up, once numbers go up exposure from media tends to be higher.

i wonder what they will do when physical music is obsolete .... however once that happens i actually think sales will go up ;)

• sonsofscotland
    sonsofscotland Members Posts: 239 ✭✭
    Options
    antarticp wrote: »

i wonder what they will do when physical music is obsolete .... however once that happens i actually think sales will go up ;)

It wouldnt suprise me if they just put numbers thru with deals with itunes etc, all they large companys work together to control the market.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • yeah i rap so don't
    yeah i rap so don't Members Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not really anything anyone with common sense hasn't noticed. I've noticed this since I was early in my teens and people ostracize you for having your own taste and being able to form your own thoughts.
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What does "mainstream music" and its consumers have to do with you if you arent one. At the end of the day some people have a problem with young black people gettin it their way and winnin but not me. See a lot of jealousy in this kind of thing.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The question is are strong minded artists dumb for not making pop music and will having a sense of self mean not having a music career at all?

I believe there are fans for everything, it just may not be a million fans it may be 5000 or 10, 000, but they can sustain a music career

Casual listeners buy whatever peeks their attention and style

Critical music listeners and artists don't buy ? , but hate or love everything
  • OceanState
    OceanState Members Posts: 203
    Options
    Good video. He really hit the nail on the head with Drake. Sure, we know and understand what hes saying here but most people don't.
  • f.e.d.s.
    f.e.d.s. Members Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dude #1: "Why are you listening to this ? ?"

Dude #2: (shrugs shoulders) I don't know.

It's kind of refreshing to see a white dude speak on this, since whitey is who really controls what we see and hear on TV and the radio. Everyone has a choice in what they listen to, but most settle for whats on the radio because its whats "popular"...? that ? !!!

Live From The Underground & Stoned Immaculate drops in 7 dayz
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    OGClarenceBoddicker Members Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These white dudes don't know what they be talkin bout.

Nikbag made a couple of responses and ? on this dude.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmTuB9UX2eQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYiwQCC68mo&feature=relmfu

• 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I agree with the white guy, but its always been like that, nothin new. People listen to whats on the radio because it is easily accessible not because they love it.

The retort was pointless as well, seemed like he just wanted to son the white guy.
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Everybody's different and a lot of people do actually like some of the songs on the radio or in the "mainstream".
  • JJ 1975
    JJ 1975 Members Posts: 336
    Options
    COSIGN with this. It will happen sooner than later.
    antarticp wrote: »

It wouldnt suprise me if they just put numbers thru with deals with itunes etc, all they large companys work together to control the market.

• JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SwampNigga wrote: »
    These white dudes don't know what they be talkin bout.

Nikbag made a couple of responses and ? on this dude.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmTuB9UX2eQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYiwQCC68mo&feature=relmfu

Nikbagg my dude i agree with him for the most part... i really didn't see the point of white dudes vid ...? was kinda lame ....but i disagree with him on needle drop tho ...that dude be speaking some truth and is very detailed in his reviews ..unlike that ? nik...haha