So.... Wtf happened with the Dipset Reunion D.I.3?!?!?!

Options
joeyfkncrakk
joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2012 in The Reason
I must be the last ? who gives a flyin ? , but what happened to the Dipset under construction! Diplomatic Immunity 3.... I was mad hyped when they did that infomercial jahn and all that... The day "salute" came out my transmission we tout and I ain't heard ? since lol smh... I been a dip since day 1, and they aren't what they used to be but I would def cop or at least burn it... Did the Dips lose momentum on the reunion or do they still have a hail maryttempt to drop a killer mix tape or single to rejuvenate some hype....? Cam, Juelz, Jimmy, Zeke, He'll Rell and Vado could do damage if they rekindle the energy n/h... What y'all think mane

Comments

• tb_
    tb_ Members Posts: 232
    Options
    cams too busy with vado and jim and juelz are reality stars now
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah I wonder where they disappeared to. Got a deal with interscope and then disappeared
  • dandctt
    dandctt Members Posts: 100 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah i remember i was hype to go to the dipset reunion concert they were gonna have here like last year, then it got cancelled and i never heard anything about it again....smh
  • antdatruth89
    antdatruth89 Members Posts: 18
    Options
    The dips arent what they used to be. Juelz all hollywood now dude aint dropped an album in 7 years theres no excuse for that. Ever since cam and jim split it was wrap.
  • Agrv2385
    Agrv2385 Members Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    time for that ? came and went. dips is over. i was a fan back in the day too but now i listen to they ? and im like wtf is them dudes talkn about....
  • thingsfallapart
    thingsfallapart Members Posts: 43
    Options
    Pretty ? much, man. Pretty ? much.
    i ? with the Dips........but it's ova

• southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They didn't capitalize on the buzz they had for their reunion......I used to talk ? about the dips back in the day but Id much rather hear them over YM or MMG(Just because mmg keeps renaming the same song now"
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • theycallmeboom
    theycallmeboom Members Posts: 107
    Options
    Money probably wasn't right that's usually what it is because i'm pretty sure Cam, Juelz, and Jimmy want to make sure they get paid quite nicely before they would do some new dipset ? .
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Their movement was powerful, but now they look like them Super Super Seniors in High School that were part of that cool ass clique that never amounted to ? .

Their Movement is over. Jim Jones wifed that Muskrat and Juelz has the work ethic that makes Jada look like Tech 9.
  • King Lee
    King Lee Members, Writer Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I KNEW this wasn't gonna go anywhere. Lets be real first, they were signed to Interscope.....are they really priority over there? HELLL NOOO. and second, Juelz Santana.........

Don't be surprised if u hear one of them talk about it on a rap blog a couple of years from now saying, "the money wasn't right ya feel me", "working on putting out my own artists out", and "Juelz is still lazy".
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Take a deep breath:

Dash gave Cam more shine than he ever deserved, and he ran with the ball. Dipset is to Cam what G-Unit is to 50 is what D-12 is to Eminem is what PSC is to T.I.: Cronies who got a minute to shine based on the most talented member's grind. Granted, people seem to be infatuated with them, but call it what it was: some wack dudes who got on because their man was nice.

And what buzz did the reunion have? They came out on stage years after anybody gave a ? . Hell, there's more talk recently about "whatever happened to" than there was when they were actively trying to put the ? back together. And them dudes damn near 40. Hell, Santana 30, and is probably eating off tour money. Same with Cam and Jimmy's probably good on the business end A&R'ing somewhere. They don't need to be clown-ass dudes in colorful clothes.

They got a better run than most crony crews, but it is what it is.
  • TayJone
    TayJone Members Posts: 301 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I was one of the biggest Dipset supporters but we all know DI3 was like asking to see bigfoot tapdance.
    Dipset was already wack with their release dates...and you expected them to come out with a compilation album after time off and all the drama that happened?
    plus Vado is getting his grind going, and Cam is still being Cam.
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    she touched it in miami.....
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    They probably beefing again.
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jim doin tv shows freaky is doin w.e cam workin wit vado and juelz jus being lazy
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BIGRuss wrote: »
    Juelz is still hibernating for the winter...

of 2006
    this little silly ? still waiting on Wayne to help him promote "I can't feel my face"...that reunion is dead!
    If I was Cam, I'd round up Vado, Writer, Rell, Cal (if he still ? with the Dips) and whoever affiliates they have left and prepare a DI3 without Juelz and that sucker in love ass ? Jim Jones....
    2 monkeys don't stop no show...

• joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I am hurt as an hip hop aficionado.... Dipset had true staying power in rap but they let it go.... Thanks to tana and Jim for that 50 appearance but I would expect them to be stronger than that but guess not... Cam had the set in perfect place to run the game for years to come.... Juelz should be a mega star but got on some I'm a rockstar bs and fell off hard he ran the mix tape game now doesn't even know how to drop ? anymore... Jim is highkey the most productive dip, always making moves, cam and Vado doin they thing but idk how far that's going.. Their best bet is to drop a diplomat album. And reestablish a prescence in the rap game.. But they being too selfish
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yamoley wrote: »
    Juelz is still hibernating for the winter...

of 2006
    this little silly ? still waiting on Wayne to help him promote "I can't feel my face"...that reunion is dead!
    If I was Cam, I'd round up Vado, Writer, Rell, Cal (if he still ? with the Dips) and whoever affiliates they have left and prepare a DI3 without Juelz and that sucker in love ass ? Jim Jones....
    2 monkeys don't stop no show...

Be honest though, who would want to hear half of those dudes? Cam and Vado are the only two I remember being anything above decent.
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Cam don't want to work with those fools anymore. Jim and Juelz appearing on rap city with 50 was the ultimate slap in the face. 50 used them as pawns in a chess game. Cam is still salty over this and to be honest he has every right to be.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Cam busy with Vado.

Jim a Reality star now.

Juelz busy eating ass,getting smuts seeded up and talking about a collabo with wayne.

Freeky who knows.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Freeky lives in the bronx with some chicks last time I heard.
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cam don't want to work with those fools anymore. Jim and Juelz appearing on rap city with 50 was the ultimate slap in the face. 50 used them as pawns in a chess game. Cam is still salty over this and to be honest he has every right to be.

50 said cam and he squeshed it recently over the fone and plan to do some music together