• satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MrSoutCity wrote: »
    ? !!!! I was wait on Need of Speed Underground 3

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    *shrug* I'm secure enough in my sexuality I have no problem doing a google search to investigate the BLATANT homosexual undertones in Gears

Lol your secure enough to search up ? things but not secure enough to play a game that has characters that say lines that make you think of ? things?

• dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just want Criterion to make another Burnout game. ? EA.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options

Play as a bounty hunter in this "mature" Star Wars title.

Tonight LucasArts debuted the new Star Wars: 1313, a third-person action adventure game starring a bounty hunter stalking targets on the capital of the Republic, Coruscant. Billed as a "mature" Star Wars title, 1313 takes you deep into the seedy underworld of a densely populated planet, giving you access to an array of "exotic weaponry" in your quest to take down targets and "uncover the truth surrounding a criminal conspiracy."

1313art.jpg

Gameplay apparently involves a lot of cover-based shooting, as well as platforming as you battle your way through the dangerous and titular Level 1313. LucasArts is also bringing in a wide-range of talent for the project, utilizing the many arms of the Lucasfilm business. Industrial Light & Magic, Skywalker Sound and Lucasfilm Animation will all be contributing.

For more on Star Wars: 1313, you can check out our preview coming out of next week's E3.
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    might be good...

but where the hell is Battlefront 3 at???
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    I dont like playing Star Wars games unless I'm able to be a jedi/sith. i just wanna use a lights saber
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it's the same place where kingdom hearts 3 is at.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Playing doom 2 multiplayer is goat anf fustrating because of the double barrel, my dad used to set them up uusing a lan way back in the day
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MobTown wrote: »
    Playing doom 2 multiplayer is goat anf fustrating because of the double barrel, my dad used to set them up uusing a lan way back in the day

double barrel will always be the goat shotgun.

• Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    - if they're doing all blasters no sabers, dat gameplay needs to be ? incredible. if it FEELS like something we've played in 200 better games before, this ? will be wack juice.

- i'm curious as to exactly how far they're willing to take this "mature" theme.

- IDK, it seems like everytime LucasArts gets the whole Lucas Empire together like this to push a game H.A.M, the results are always above average at best, going all the way back to Shadow of the Empire

- Battlefield 3? i'd rather have a remake of KOTOR 1 & 2 personally
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't know how I feel about this....why not just make a game surrounding boba fett if you tryin to do some bounty Hunter ?
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You can download 1 and 2 for free. I might check this out since my lapptop can't run Doom 3
  • joshuaboy
    edited June 2012
    Options

Apparently, it stars a female assassin, and it's coming the same day as the console version.

Looks like some secrets just won't keep until E3 -- if NeoGaf is to be believed. Over on the videogame forum, a poster claims to have the July issue of Game Informer, and inside are the first details on Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation for the PlayStation Vita.

591338048.jpg
    -- A TwitPic of GI from Gaf user ImLibo.

Set between 1765 and 1780 and somehow involving 1763's end of the French and Indian War, Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation will supposedly cast players as a French black female assassin named Aveline. The details point to Ubisoft Sofia developing the game, it not being related to Desmond, and "multiplayer specifically tailored to the Vita experience." The poster said Liberation will launch alongside the console version of Assassin's Creed III on October 30th.

Ubisoft offered a "no comment" when approached for this article.

Of course, take all of this with a grain of salt for the moment as it is just information from a message board. If you have the issue of Game Informer, go ahead and confirm the details in the comments below. Otherwise, watch the Ubisoft and PlayStation E3 press conferences on IGN Monday to see if either party sheds some light on Assassin's Creed Vita.

Oh, and thanks to IGN Reader Jake Santon for the tip!
  • joshuaboy
    edited June 2012
    Options

Alan Wake's real-life writer leaves behind a paper trail...

Remedy Entertainment creative director Sam Lake's cryptic new tweet strongly hints that Alan Wake 2 is not only happening, but that an announcement might be imminent -- perhaps coming at E3 this week.

The tweet reads, "It's all true. 'It will happen again, in another town, a town called Ordinary.' It's happening now." This alone is a strong indicator of another Alan Wake adventure, but that's not the only evidence in play. The tweet ends with a link to a blog by "Samantha" (a possible thinly veiled cover for Sam Lake himself) that includes numerous images of poem pages that are in both the visual and literary style of Wake. Images like this one:

IMG_3459.JPG
    This sounds a lot like the end of the original Alan Wake, doesn't it?

We see three possibilities here: 1) It's Alan Wake 2 for Xbox 360. 2) It's another episodic Xbox Live Arcade outing, similar to Alan Wake's American Nightmare. Or 3) Microsoft will close their press conference with a teaser for a next-gen Alan Wake 2 without expressly describing it that way, perhaps saying, "And before we go, here's a taste of what you can expect to see from the future of Xbox starting next year..."

Think this is Alan Wake 2? See the rest of the images and blog here and see what you think!

Source: Twitter
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like all Assassin Creed games..... it looks cool before it comes out, but will probably play like ?
  • kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that NFS scteen shot looks dope.. hopefuly rockstar doesnt dissapoint and actually leak some info at E3
  • joshuaboy
    edited June 2012
    Options

Flying Squirrel Mario? Baby Balloon Yoshi? Iwata teases us with footage from a new side-scrolling Mario title.

You could've blinked and missed it, but eagle-eyed viewers of this afternoon's Nintendo Direct video presentation might just have seen first footage of an upcoming New Super Mario Bros. game for the Wii U.

Take a look at these screen captures and see for yourself:

Mario0.jpg
    Mario1.jpg

President Iwata was discussing the new social networking features of the "Miiverse," which allows you to connect with your friends to pass along messages while gaming. He demonstrated this in-game integration of Mii messaging via a Mario side-scroller that looks a lot like the New Super Mario Bros. Mii tech demo we saw at last year's E3. Only this time the Miis weren't running and jumping alongside Mario – he was alone in the action, and they popped up to pass along messages of encouragement when a rogue Koopa collided with and killed him.

The video then shifted to a map screen, displayed via the screen on the Wii U GamePad, where more messages were waiting to be read from scattered Mii characters.

Mario3.jpg

Mario2.jpg

And take a look at the messages these Miis are giving. Could they be even more of a teaser?

One of them is saying "OK, being a flying squirrel is WAY more fun than it should be!" Could Mario be gaining a Flying Squirrel Suit in this sequel?

Another says "A baby Yoshi that balloons up to carry you? Too cute!" Again, that seems like another tease for a new and perfectly plausible gameplay element for a Mario game to include.

And perhaps most interesting is the message in-between those two, which reads "Nice! I finally cleared it, and I did it in under 100 seconds! I RULE!" This would normally be simple self-congratulation, except that an extra banner appears above the speech bubble that says "Cleared in under 100 seconds!" in gold. That seems like it was a listed goal to shoot for in a menu somewhere, and that could be a hint toward an integrated Achievements system for Wii U -- or at least for this particular Mario game.

So could this be our first look at New Super Mario Bros. for Wii U? Last year's New Super Mario Bros. Mii was supposedly just a demo, but Nintendo has said that it serves as the inspiration for the final game that Wii U will be getting. This could very well be it, ladies and gentlemen.

Stay tuned for more details as we get them, and be sure to glue your eyes to your screen to take in Nintendo's Tuesday morning press conference – that's when this game will likely get its official confirmation.
  • joshuaboy
    edited June 2012
    Options

Let Grandpa show you how Nintendo does Skype.

Though Sunday afternoon's Nintendo Direct video presentation mostly featured company president Satoru Iwata talking straight to the camera, the executive stepped aside for a few minutes in the middle to allow a somewhat corny demonstration video to play out. In it, a nerdy guy is playing a generic shooter on Wii U and can't defeat a particular zombie boss.

So he turns to the Miiverse for help. Using his network of connected pals, he asks for assistance in how to beat the boss. A wave of simple text messages are sent back to him, but then something much more interesting happens – he fires up a video chat session.

VideoChat.jpg

There in all his glory is "OctoG123," Nintendo's new octogenarian spokesperson who's managed to leverage the technology of the future to berate our poor, wimpy protagonist. The plot of the video is immaterial, though. The real news is that Wii U supports Skype-like video chat on demand.

The Wii U GamePad was placed against the TV screen for the chat session to begin, but that was likely just to set up a cinematic shot of what was happening. In practice we should be able to keep the GamePad firmly in hand as we reach out to friends to talk through the combination of handheld screen and television display.

So what do you think? Is video chat something you'd be interested to use through your Wii U? And just what would you have done to defeat the zombie boss. anyway?

Stay locked here to IGN as more and more details about Nintendo's next home console continue to come our way.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looks good....hopefully they make some original games for their next console
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No surprise when do they not announce a NEW Super Mario game?
    Looks good....hopefully they make some original games for their next console
    lol great sarcasm.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    COTDAMN that tablet controller is bigger than the GamerGear. That ? probably heavier than the xbox1.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ... why not go 2D-3D... like littlebigplanet.

Seems like laziness on their part
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ... why not go 2D-3D... like littlebigplanet.

Seems like laziness on their part

they got paper mario for that. wasnt that one 3d?