I Luv My City

Options
Rozetta5tone
Rozetta5tone Members Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2012 in For The Grown & Sexy
I live in the chi and all I hear about is foul ? goin down in my city wen it comes to media coverage.. Murder and corruption is what Chicago is known for..

? that.. I've lived in the wild 100's, Englewood, the low end, Jeffrey manor, moe town, terror town, ghost town and built bridges in k town.. South suburbs from calumet city to Robbins.. Yeah I've seen murder, dope and everything else that comes with hood living..

But I love my city.. It's more good times here than bad and I wouldn't call any other place my home..

Chicago has diversity, opportunity and pathways..

If you love your city, town, village, province or wherever you reside, rep yo ? ...

Its not only about where you from but where you at..

Show your city sum pride..

What yo block like, fam?

Comments

• damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    edgemont east st. louis all day... i'm Illinois 2 da day I die...
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Preston rd. Nawfside of Dallas damn right we got it..residing in tha H shidd im reppin all of Texas ya feel me.

Lol,nothing like a good ole shout out.
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont know who loves their city more.
    people from the chi or people from NY.

I knew this thread had something to do with Chicago before I even entered
  • Rozetta5tone
    Rozetta5tone Members Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What ya block like tho?
  • HarlemThumzUp
    HarlemThumzUp Members Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Southside of Minneapolis 24th and Pillsbury by way of 1600 blocc of Milburn WestSide Toledo , OH.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nate D.O. wrote: »
    Southside of Minneapolis 24th and Pillsbury by way of 1600 blocc of Milburn WestSide Toledo , OH.

Damn, one of my buddies lived like 7 blocks south of you on Pilsbury.

• Texasmaniac409
    Texasmaniac409 Members Posts: 356 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Texas City just 15 miles south of Houston. On hwy 2004 across the street of mall of the mainland. I'm reppin texas city the day til I die.
  • ol_buddy
    ol_buddy Members Posts: 293 ✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Garland, Tx

But I gotta say im from dallas when im outta town tho since most ppl dont know of it

I see you from the chi though, my entire family from Jeffrey manor and altgeld gardens
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options
    Austin Texas

Home of the UT Longhorns!!!!

Live Music Capital of the World. Best Tex-Mex ever. Always something going on ... Texas Relays.. SXSW.. ACL... Pecan Street Festival... Hot Rod shows.. Eyeore's Bday Party. Lake Travis. Lady Bird Lake. Volente Beach. Barton Springs. Trudy's, The Oasis and Hula Hut. Lots of shopping .. Domain ... Barton Creek Mall... Congress Ave.. The Drag.. Lakeline

My city is pretty too.. wildflowers .. parks with lots of trees... local art all over the place.

We promote local everything

Everyone smiles even when it's 112 degrees outside.

I've traveled to alot of places... and I know for sure there is no place like home

AustinNightSkyline.jpg
  • In Your Moms Room
    In Your Moms Room Members Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Newark, Delaware

A small city

With big dreams.
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I loved my city a lot more b4 all the transplants from other cities invaded.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    i love my city despite all the hate and negative press it gets...since i was 20 i used to always read the paper for events and interesting ? going on,

i've been to tons of theaters, art museums, restaurants, all types of attractions most people who have lived here they're entire life haven't heard of...

being a bouncer i got put on to the underground music scene, that's way deeper than just rap, and while i have been a trongly recognized face in the underground rap scene... i've met countless other types of band members, been backstage behind plenty of shows, i even have some really good friends in one of the top bands in the city right now....

if you ain't been down to powerplant on a summer night.....you don't know what the hell you're missing...

i'm a subscriber to the top review magazine for the city, which pretty much reviews everything from restaurants, happy hours, bars, dentist gyms, doctors, jobs, and even best neighborhoods in the city to move in....

our baseball team for the first time in years is on top of the AL, and our football team constantly makes the playoffs every year

my city is Baltimore Maryland....and it's much deeper than the wire.....if you keep your head in the gutter, you'll never see the sunlight
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    born and raised in the county of dade. from the murda grove. stayed off of 169th, bunche park, and west perrine

people always tell me how miserable they are here and how many problems the city has such as the endless sprawl, the crime, and the corrupt politicians. also many transplants complain that visiting here and living here are two totally different animals enitrely. i wont argue with that. yea the wages are pretty low. yea many people don't speak english. and yea many of my fellow miamians can be loud, ignorant, and uncultured. but u know what?, ive traveled all around the country and back and ive yet to find a city like the magic city. because there's nothing quite like it.

so despite all of its problems there's no other id place rather be born than right in jackson memorial. many celebrities call this there second home but this is and will always be my home