New Discovery, our origins lay in Asia not Africa

Options
Alkindus
Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
edited June 2012 in For The Grown & Sexy
Well they're basing this on 37 million old jaws found in Myanmar.

Reconstructing the origin and early evolutionary history of anthropoid primates (monkeys, apes, and humans) is a current focus of paleoprimatology. Although earlier hypotheses frequently supported an African origin for anthropoids, recent discoveries of older and phylogenetically more basal fossils in China and Myanmar indicate that the group originated in Asia.

Given the Oligocene-Recent history of African anthropoids, the colonization of Africa by early anthropoids hailing from Asia was a decisive event in primate evolution. However, the fossil record has so far failed to constrain the nature and timing of this pivotal event. Here we describe a fossil primate from the late middle Eocene Pondaung Formation of Myanmar, Afrasia djijidae gen. et sp. nov., that is remarkably similar to, yet dentally more primitive than, the roughly contemporaneous North African anthropoid Afrotarsius.

Phylogenetic analysis suggests that Afrasia and Afrotarsius are sister taxa within a basal anthropoid clade designated as the infraorder Eosimiiformes. Current knowledge of eosimiiform relationships and their distribution through space and time suggests that members of this clade dispersed from Asia to Africa sometime during the middle Eocene, shortly before their first appearance in the African fossil record. Crown anthropoids and their nearest fossil relatives do not appear to be specially related to Afrotarsius, suggesting one or more additional episodes of dispersal from Asia to Africa. Hystricognathous rodents, anthracotheres, and possibly other Asian mammal groups seem to have colonized Africa at roughly the same time or shortly after anthropoids gained their first toehold there.

http://www.pnas.org/content/early/2012/05/29/1200644109

Some sick ? aint it?

whats your take on this?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    edited June 2012
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Australia been claiming for while now that man origins started there.
  • Alkindus
    Options
    It's not absolute truth/conclusive at the moment(will it ever?), it's an ongoing research into our origins, now they've found the most ancient fossils of 'us' in parts of Asia, tomorrow they might find more in other places who knows. It's just fascinating stuff
  • Alkindus
    Options
    MRDRO wrote: »
    OK.. SURREEEE.. .BELIEVE WHAT YOU WANT.. WE ALL KNOW AFRICA IS THE BIRTH PLACE
    well taking pangea into consideration.... it does seem to make sense...
    plus many, many, many, many Japanese are born with hair of sheeps wool and skin of (light) bronze...

Lol I picked Darrow's side on Deus Ex HR, wasn't feelin Sariff's n Taggarts plight
  • Alkindus
    Options
    IT HILARIOUS WHEN FOLKS SAY THEY FOUND A JAW BONE THATS 35 MILLION YEARS OLD...

HOW IN THE HELL CAN YOU POSSIBLY DATE SOMETHING TO BE THAT OLD??? WHY CANT IT BE 22 MILL OLD OR

1 MILLION.. ? JUST BE MAKIN ? UP

Carbon data and whatever the hell lol. You'll be amazed about how far we can go and with how little of fossil evidence we need to determine this stuff.

We've just discovered the tip of the iceberg though....
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Lurker6
    Lurker6 Members Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    militant ? aint gunna like this
  • Alkindus
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »

any data/links on this?
  • Alkindus
    Options
    Alkindus wrote: »
    plus many, many, many, many Japanese are born with hair of sheeps wool and skin of (light) bronze...

Lol I picked Darrow's side on Deus Ex HR, wasn't feelin Sariff's n Taggarts plight

took taggerts....

lol I was contemplating that ? for ages mind u, was tempting to go the Taggert route but that Hyron project gave me the creeps...also took the 4th option and went out ultimate sacrifice style...
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »

any data/links on this?
    Australia claims to have the first modern humans...

I cant say for while its been more a recent thing when I took Evolution and Adaptation class in college the news was coming out around 2006...

http://www-personal.une.edu.au/~pbrown3/AusOrigins.html

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2003/02/0224_030224_mungoman.html

• God-I_Am_Ether
    God-I_Am_Ether Members Posts: 3,409
    Options
    The same people that told you that Africa was the origins of mankind are telling you this too. What's the difference in which you choose to believe if it's coming from the same source? Black People aren't making these discoveries, yet we love to here about old bones in Africa but once we hear that they found older bones in other places then it's "Don't trust those Crackas".

Lol. ? logic.
    At this point, where it all started means nothing.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    lol @ "their science is flawed if africa isnt the origin even though i know nothing of either field."
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I still believe man did not come from one caveman. I believe we evolved from many similar origins.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    some ? is just common sense, these muthafuka's cook up ? for the sheep to eat, and just like good ole sheep they eat away.....
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the original man
    the black man
    the ASIATIC man

• edwardnigma
    edwardnigma Members Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Not new, Elijah Muhammad been preaching this from the 50's.

I guess to you it's new because you probably don't ? w/ Eljah Muhammad
  • Craig Robinson
    Craig Robinson Members Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IT HILARIOUS WHEN FOLKS SAY THEY FOUND A JAW BONE THATS 35 MILLION YEARS OLD...

HOW IN THE HELL CAN YOU POSSIBLY DATE SOMETHING TO BE THAT OLD??? WHY CANT IT BE 22 MILL OLD OR

1 MILLION.. ? JUST BE MAKIN ? UP

Carbon dating...don't be so proud of your ignorance
  • Alkindus
    Options
    Not new, Elijah Muhammad been preaching this from the 50's.

I guess to you it's new because you probably don't ? w/ Eljah Muhammad

He preached a lot of straight up non-sense as well so I guess the man got lucky for a change lol.

• Amotekun
    Amotekun Members Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tell you what. I'm not above the truth.

If a civilization is found that is older than the civilizations in Africa
    I'll consider it.

If they find an older religion, language, script, I'll consider it

From what I've learned though, this 'discovery' is just a political
    agenda to further manipulate the unlearned.
  • Alkindus
    Options
    For the record: What we have recently discovered are the oldest known fossils thus far of a species of (great) apes, our(most likely) ancient ancestors, who have walked the earth millions of years before the ? sapiens did.

So it doesn't debunk the 'out of Africa' theory, it was just that the oldest ancestor/great ape/hominide being of 'us' whatever you wanna call it discovered before this, had it's origins in (north) Africa. We have now found fossils that are even older then those of we;ve found (so far) in Africa.
  • Amotekun
    Amotekun Members Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For the record: What we have recently discovered are the oldest known fossils thus far of a species of (great) apes, our(most likely) ancient ancestors, who have walked the earth millions of years before the ? sapiens did.

So it doesn't debunk the 'out of Africa' theory, it was just that the oldest ancestor/great ape/hominide being of 'us' whatever you wanna call it discovered before this, had it's origins in (north) Africa. We have now found fossils that are even older then those of we;ve found (so far) in Africa.

So ? sapiens evolved in north Africa, then traveled back down to the southern tip of africa and remigratred northward?

Makes sense...
    Not really.

I'll look at the evidence though and compare it to the other evidence. Which ever one stands we'll call that truth.
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    On some real ? .They want us to suffer.I been on that conclusion for a while.China is on a rise right now economically and outta nowhere this ? pops up hmmmm.Let´s just say we are the most hated people on Earth either way Egypt is the place to be.
  • Alkindus
    edited June 2012
    Options

So ? sapiens evolved in north Africa, then traveled back down to the southern tip of africa and remigratred northward?

Makes sense...
    Not really.

I'll look at the evidence though and compare it to the other evidence. Which ever one stands we'll call that truth.

No no, we're talking about the ancestors of us(? sapiens), like u had ? habilis/? erectus and a lot of other hominids with ? up names and so on.

Mind you we're talking millions of years, we're talkin anthropoid afrotarsius now....they lived in North Africa millions of years before and dozens hominids/anthropoid beings later we, the ? sapiens emerged....and now we've seem to discovered another missing link, a common ancestor, the oldest fossils yet found.
  • The Prime Minister
    The Prime Minister Members Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options