Sting Being that ? for entire year W/O saying anything or Wrestling APPRECIATION Thread

Options
TRILLip Brooks
TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2012 in Off The Turn Buckle

Comments

• genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When a man's heart is full of deceit it burns up, dies, and a dark shadow falls over his soul. From the ashes of a once great man has risen a curse, a wrong that must be righted. We look to the skies for a vindicator, someone to strike fear into the black heart of the same man who created him. The battle between good and evil has begun. Against an army of shadows comes the Dark Warrior, the purveyor of good, with a voice of silence, and a mission of justice.This is Sting
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How come you dont post in the reason no more?
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    been a lil busy, but i shall return my g.
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    @PUSHER

that match at Starcade was terrible because Hogan destroyed Sting. I think Sting got in maybe 7 moves the entire match, a few punches and dropkicks, but Hogan mopped the arena with him, threw him around the outside of the ring, hit him with his own bat, hit the big boot and atomic legdrop and pinned him clean. Hogan won that match straight up but there had to be controversy with the referee and Bret Hart getting involved.

When we saw that match, we were laughing our ? off because Sting was getting whupped then got pinned. The end looked so sloppy and impromptu, like they were covering up the fact that Sting lost clean, it ruined his return. After that match, it wasn't even the same anymore.
  • TdotGoHARD87
    TdotGoHARD87 Members Posts: 782 ✭✭
    Options
    this was 1 of my fav storylines ever. when you break it down n see the buildup it was one of the greatest buildups to a match ever. now that starrcade catch was awful, but the buildup! that was something. man called STING is top 3 all time in my book
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was never a Sting fan no matter what character he was. I couldn't take him serious when they had him beating up 15 guys at the same time.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    only thing i didn't like about sting was how he just blatantly stole his gimmick from the crow, and as soon as heath ledger's joker replaced the crow as the go to goth costume...sting ran wit hthta as well...

? 's kinda wack IMO
  • BK Product
    BK Product Members Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Someone said it another thread and i agree....

one of the greatest character/gimmicks of all time
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Respect his career but was never a fan really......Was a WWF guy
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sting to me has always been wack.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sting has lost all credibility to me since he started that Joker gimmick. Straight jacked Heath Ledger with no problem
  • movingfeet
    movingfeet Members Posts: 397 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Haul Judos wrote: »
    only thing i didn't like about sting was how he just blatantly stole his gimmick from the crow, and as soon as heath ledger's joker replaced the crow as the go to goth costume...sting ran wit hthta as well...

? 's kinda wack IMO
    na for that James O'Barr gave him tha cosign but tha other ? yeah you got that.

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    I read in bischoffs book that originally sting was supposed to win clean. But hogan felt sting was too "out of shape". Hogan felt he didn't deserve a clean win. So hogan used his creative control clause to change the ending. The plan was for the ref to make a fast count. But instead the ref used a slow count (lol). Bret was then put in place "to make sure another title match don't end in a screw job". Ironically based on how things played out hogan actually got screwed.
  • VIBE
    Options
    Funny because Hogan and Sting are "buddy buddy" over in TNA.
  • VIBE
    Options
    sting_original.jpg?1336071174

sting_icon.jpg

sting-r_large.gif

sting.png

sting.jpg

Now he's still doing the "joker" look but with blue instead of red.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Sting is wack for that joker gimmick
  • TRILLip Brooks
    Options
    @Mally_G

hogan did that ? on purpose.

he buried more people than hhh back when he was in wcw. from bret hart to all the mid carder like benoit and them.

for me the sting character lost it's luster when he joined the wolfpack

539644-sting_nwo.jpg

they had him coming out and dancing, man that ? was stupid. i'm still a sting fan though.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    Options
    this was 1 of my fav storylines ever. when you break it down n see the buildup it was one of the greatest buildups to a match ever. now that starrcade catch was awful, but the buildup! that was something. man called STING is top 3 all time in my book

biz made a thread about how cena/rock was the anti sting/hogan
    Haul Judos wrote: »

? 's kinda wack IMO

i think that was the whole point. not sure if they asked for permission
    Jamaica wrote: »
    I read in bischoffs book that originally sting was supposed to win clean. But hogan felt sting was too "out of shape". Hogan felt he didn't deserve a clean win. So hogan used his creative control clause to change the ending. The plan was for the ref to make a fast count. But instead the ref used a slow count (lol). Bret was then put in place "to make sure another title match don't end in a screw job". Ironically based on how things played out hogan actually got screwed.

there was no point in bret hart's involvement.
    TNA is wack for that joker gimmick

fixed
  • powerman 5000
    powerman 5000 Members Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prime sting worked his ass off. The blond box and fancy scorpion pants sting put on a show. The only wack angle he did was his work with brett hart. But thats more wcws fault for making brett a heel when he was too far over for that ? and string wasn't always forced down your throat like other wrestlers today are. I don't know if he ever beat vader or rick rude but, those matches are great.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I LOVED that gimmick. That ? MADE WCW for awhile, and catapulted Sting from superstar to living legend. I hated that Starrcade match, though. Nick Patrick's right-counting ass; Hogan being Hogan and the whole confusing of it all. Plus Sting started talking after that.

He's still Top 5 wrestler of all-time, though.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Crow version Sting>>>>>>>>>>>the rest of the other versions of Sting.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Once Sting started talkin, it ended that moment.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    crow sting was cool, blonde flat top is underrated the rest wack juice