wb now working on justic league movie

Options
r.prince18
r.prince18 Members Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2012 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Warner Bros. had no comment on the top-secret hire, which, due to its timing, was more in anticipation of -- rather than a reaction to -- the box office success of "The Avengers."

Beall has yet to turn in his "Justice League" script, though he has become a favorite scribe of Warners. He's writing the studio's "Lethal Weapon" reboot and its remake of "Logan's Run," which is expected to reteam "Gangster Squad" thesp Ryan Gosling with his "Drive" director Nicolas Winding Refn. Warners will release "Gangster Squad" on Sept. 7.

Comments

• CitySojourner
    CitySojourner Members Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Although projects have been developed in the past, WB never wanted to take a chance on it, but the Avengers movie showed them how much money they could make by throwing a bunch of superheroes together on one screen.

Looking forward to this, i'm hoping they do something a little different though and don't derive too much from the Avengers formulaic approach. Hopefully WB will go a bit darker and slightly more realistic with Justice League, I'd prefer having something to compete with Avengers rather than replicate. Can't wait for "Man of Steel." And before anyone suggests it- Nolan will never direct this, more than likely he'll produce.

For possible directors i'd like to see:

Snyder- depending on how Man of Steel turns out

Danny Boyle- Trainspotting, The Beach, Sunshine, 28 days later

Alfonso Cuaron- Children of Men,

Guillermo Del Toro- Pan's Labryinthe, Hellboy, Blade 2

Neil Blomkamp- District 9

J.J. Abrams- Star Trek, Mission Impossible 3, (Super 8 was garbage but spielberg had a lot to do with that)

Unlike Joss Whedon these directors not only have cinematic style but know how to shoot action scenes well and incorporate creative elements into them rather than just pointing the camera and relying on cgi for anything exciting.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    +1

I wouldnt mind seeing Blomkamp take a shot at it actually...I think he'd do really well given the right project...and this is a dream project.
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lethal Weapon reboot ? WTF,stop touchin' classics