the wisdom of genesis 1:29 - FOOD OF THE GODS

Options
judahxulu
judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2012 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Gen 1:29 ¶ And ? said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which [is] upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which [is] the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMXtlQmKT3w

Comments

• waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Great drop and informative...........Yah willing i will ween myself off of all meats and dairy and become a vegan like the ancient ancestors
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @judaxulu.... glad to catch you on this subject brother. There are some scriptures that you may be able to provide clarity on for me.

1. Exodus 30:23
    כג וְאַתָּה קַח-לְךָ, בְּשָׂמִים רֹאשׁ, מָר-דְּרוֹר חֲמֵשׁ מֵאוֹת, וְקִנְּמָן-בֶּשֶׂם מַחֲצִיתוֹ חֲמִשִּׁים וּמָאתָיִם; וּקְנֵה-בֹשֶׂם, חֲמִשִּׁים וּמָאתָיִם. 23 'Take thou also unto thee the chief spices, of flowing myrrh five hundred shekels, and of sweet cinnamon half so much, even two hundred and fifty, and of sweet calamus two hundred and fifty,

2. Song of Songs 4:14
    יד נֵרְדְּ וְכַרְכֹּם, קָנֶה וְקִנָּמוֹן, עִם, כָּל-עֲצֵי לְבוֹנָה; מֹר, וַאֲהָלוֹת, עִם, כָּל-רָאשֵׁי בְשָׂמִים. 14 Spikenard and saffron, calamus and cinnamon, with all trees of frankincense; myrrh and aloes, with all the chief spices.

3. Isaiah 43:24
    כד לֹא-קָנִיתָ לִּי בַכֶּסֶף קָנֶה, וְחֵלֶב זְבָחֶיךָ לֹא הִרְוִיתָנִי; אַךְ, הֶעֱבַדְתַּנִי בְּחַטֹּאותֶיךָ, הוֹגַעְתַּנִי, בַּעֲוֹנֹתֶיךָ. 24 Thou hast bought Me no sweet cane with money, neither hast thou satisfied Me with the fat of thy sacrifices; but thou hast burdened Me with thy sins, thou hast wearied Me with thine iniquities.

4. Jeremiah 6:20
    כ לָמָּה-זֶּה לִי לְבוֹנָה מִשְּׁבָא תָבוֹא, וְקָנֶה הַטּוֹב מֵאֶרֶץ מֶרְחָק; עֹלוֹתֵיכֶם לֹא לְרָצוֹן, וְזִבְחֵיכֶם לֹא-עָרְבוּ לִי. 20 To what purpose is to Me the frankincense that cometh from Sheba, and the sweet cane, from a far country? Your burnt-offerings are not acceptable, nor your sacrifices pleasing unto Me.

5. Ezeikel 27:19
    יט וְדָן וְיָוָן מְאוּזָּל, בְּעִזְבוֹנַיִךְ נָתָנּוּ; בַּרְזֶל עָשׁוֹת קִדָּה וְקָנֶה, בְּמַעֲרָבֵךְ הָיָה. 19 Vedan and Javan traded with yarn for thy wares; massive iron, cassia, and calamus, were among thy merchandise.

The bolded Hebrew term Kaneh Bolem is in question and whether it refers to sweet cane, calamus, or cannabis. Any clarity that you can provide on the translation of the Hebrew קְנֵה-בֹשֶׂם will be appreciated.
    Slide2_176.JPG
  • bambu
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Double post.... I am a novice with the Hebrew language. I see that the term קְנֵה appears without the rest of the text for kaneh bosem. Several translations use fragrant herb or plant. Would קְנֵה in the scriptures refer to kaneh bosem or calamus, or am I missing something about the language?
  • judahxulu
    Options
    well the direct translation is relaxing reed. i know calamus root gets you high too so either way we got some shamanic stuff going on...
  • bambu
    Options
    Thanks for the clarity... I agree about the shamanic stuff, a definite answer may never be reached, but I think there is enough evidence for cannabis in the interpretation/translation.

Good looking out on the vids...
  • p-tavern
    p-tavern Members Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I have a general question for anyone in the know about drinking water, and safe sources for it. I've read enough about bottled water and its containers, as well as all the things that seep into tap water (not to mention the fluoride and everything else they add at the processing plants) to not really want to ? with any of it. What I've seen as the best method to clean your water, which gets everything from the biological pathogens to the minute inorganic particles and chemicals, is multiple stage reverse osmosis ("RO water.") The only flaw, from what I've read, is that this of course strips all the minerals from the water as well. I've gotten conflicting accounts as to whether this is safe for the body. Some doctors claim that RO water will then strip these minerals from the body as it goes through, and that RO water isn't meant for human consumption. Others point out that rain water is mineral free, and a source of drinking water worldwide, and that simply making sure you take in enough minerals from other natural sources should be enough to keep everything in balance.

Anyone have insight on other safe sources, or any reliable further information on RO water? What I've read about lesser filters is that they don't really get everything (i.e. - pharmaceuticals that have passed from others in their ? , some dispersed chemical compounds too small to capture, certain microbes.)

Seeing as we all need to be drinking a fair amount of the stuff on a daily basis to stay in proper health, its certainly important then that we are getting the safest possible compound.
  • judahxulu
    Options
    kangen water is good- purity and mineral wise. so is this stuff on the market called blk water. its alkaline fulvic water infused with minerals. very good. also to purify your bottled water cost effective is to put 2-3 drops 35% food grade hydrogen peroxide per 8 oz and 10 drops liquid chlorophyll. its and oxygen cocktail.....

best thing is stack up and buy you an alkaline/kangen water machine.

http://www.google.com/webhp?source=search_app#q=kangen+water+machines+for+sale&hl=en&safe=off&prmd=imvns&source=univ&tbm=shop&tbo=u&sa=X&psj=1&ei=kujXT8noK6yf6QH8v-iNAw&ved=0CLEBEK0E&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=281f5fbf74ffa19b&biw=1024&bih=659
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1Timothy 4:
    1 Now the Spirit speaking expressly that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith and follow deceiving spirits and doctrines of devils. 2 Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron. 3 They forbid people to marry and order them to abstain from meats, which ? created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and who know the truth. 4 For everything ? created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, 5 because it is consecrated by the word of ? and prayer.
  • Bodhi
    Options
    Genesis 9:3:
    Everything that lives and moves about will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything.
  • Bodhi
    Options
    I am a vegetarian, though, and agree with the premise of the thread.
  • judahxulu
    Options
    yeah the kicker to that genesis 9:3 is the next three verses gen9:4-6 But flesh with the life thereof, [which is] the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.

And surely your blood of your lives will I require; at the hand of every beast will I require it, and at the hand of man; at the hand of every man's brother will I require the life of man.

Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of ? made he man.

• Bodhi
    edited June 2012
    Options
    It's saying you shouldn't eat meat mixed with the animals blood; not complete abstinence from meat. 1 Timothy explains that further, stating that everything is good with thanksgiving. Genesis wouldn't tell you ? allowed man to eat all living and moving things and then in the next few verses say not to do it. It's giving guidelines in which meat should be eaten. 1 Timothy says that avoidance of meat is "ungodly", if you will.
  • Bodhi
    Options
    judahxulu wrote: »

And surely your blood of your lives will I require; at the hand of every beast will I require it, and at the hand of man; at the hand of every man's brother will I require the life of man.

Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of ? made he man.

There are words that state that the Buddha himself did not consume animal flesh unless he knew it was not killed specifically for him. In Buddhism, killing is unwise. The Buddha did not ? to eat. This is just an example.
  • judahxulu
    Options
    i dont know how abstention from eating flesh can possibly be ungodly. is not good health godly? theres no moral or biological justification fr flesh eating imo. its not even economically viable. sorry but timothy can kiss my ass...genesis 1:29 is the standard law...all the other stuff is subordinate...all the most IMPORTANT LAWS ARE IN THE FIRST FEW CHAPTERS...
  • Bodhi
    edited June 2012
    Options
    you can ignore Timothy all you want but Genesis 9:3 still says "Everything that lives and moves about will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything."

Matter of fact, I saw ahead of time that you would say something similar to "? the new testament". That's why I posted verses from both old and new.
  • Bodhi
    edited June 2012
    Options
    i dont know how abstention from eating flesh can possibly be ungodly. is not good health godly?

I'm not arguing with you nor did I write the Bible. I'm just telling you what it says. I'm not a believer of the Bible so I couldn't really answer your question. IMO, good health is abstinence from meat but the Bible tells me I'm influenced by demons and bad spirits (something I don't believe in) in my dietary preferences. Honestly, I was hoping you would be able to explain it. That's why I brought those verses up. The only explaination I have for the following verses that you mentioned would be that we shouldn't eat meat raw (which would be mixed with the life, or blood, of the animal) However, if we cook it (which is much more healthy and reasonable) then everything will be dandy. Personally, I'm going to remain a vegetarian for health and spiritual reasons but regardless, the topic is very interesting

• beenwize
    beenwize Members Posts: 2,024 ✭✭
    Options
    I think the human body is for the most part designed to eat plant based foods but the Bible does not say you can't eat meat. It actually gives you a list of what meats you can and cannot eat. And many characters in the Bible ate meat like when Esua went to ? cattle to fix for his father. Also the Biblical Jesus ate fish and fed it to others. I don't eat a lot o meat regardless as I am phasing it out of my diet. I still eat certain fish like tilapia and other meats once in a while.
  • judahxulu
    Options
    beenwize wrote: »
    I think the human body is for the most part designed to eat plant based foods but the Bible does not say you can't eat meat. It actually gives you a list of what meats you can and cannot eat. And many characters in the Bible ate meat like when Esua went to ? cattle to fix for his father. Also the Biblical Jesus ate fish and fed it to others. I don't eat a lot o meat regardless as I am phasing it out of my diet. I still eat certain fish like tilapia and other meats once in a while.

sequence matters a lot in the bible tho. gen. 1:29 has primacy. later dietary expansions were amendments but came with the warning that flesh consumption will put man at odds with beast. we need only look at the ? consequences of eating flesh to discern why the first instruction was the best one
  • beenwize
    Options

sequence matters a lot in the bible tho. gen. 1:29 has primacy. later dietary expansions were amendments but came with the warning that flesh consumption will put man at odds with beast. we need only look at the ? consequences of eating flesh to discern why the first instruction was the best one

what thows me off is the scriptures that show the Biblical Jesus eating fish.. But there are scriptures that show that ppl and animals are suppose to be on a plant based diet which I do agree with.

Isaiah 65:25
    The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD.

Isaiah 11:7
    And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.

• beenwize
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Could Jesus have been a vegetarian? According to some research it appears that the use of the word fish in the New Testament might actually have been mistranslated from the Greek word fish weed?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv3uU2YY6pM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx6J6jh1Dzo&feature=related

• judahxulu
    Options
    Could Jesus have been a vegetarian? According to some research it appears that the use of the word fish in the New Testament might actually have been mistranslated from the Greek word fish weed?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv3uU2YY6pM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx6J6jh1Dzo&feature=related

the essene connection makes it seem so. the essenes were real health conscious guys...enemas and all that.
  • beenwize
    Options
    Even this article says that the Ebionites rejected animal sacrifices to a ? and acknowledges false scriptures in the Old Testament. I do the same thing and get called a demon. I believe in the ? that Christ revealed and I know that when I read certain scriptures throughout the Old Testament that they don't match characteristics of the ? Christ revealed which is why I believe the Bible was altered over time and at the Council of Nicea. The true ? is good not the corruption that was inserted in the Bible of a vengeful, wrathful, angry war ? .

The Ebionites were a group in the early Christian church which was "Jewish Christian" in orientation, claiming to be the descendants of the original church, observing the Jewish law as they interpreted it but also following Jesus. All of the sources specifically mentioned above agree that the Ebionites denied the divinity of Jesus and accepted the Jewish law

According to Epiphanius, they rejected orthodox Christian beliefs about the divinity of Jesus, were vegetarians, opposed animal sacrifice, and rejected certain texts in the Jewish scriptures (most especially, those pertaining to animal sacrifice). They were loyal to the Mosaic law, but had an idiosyncratic view of that law. They called themselves Ebionites (based on ebionim, "the poor") because, they said, at the time of the apostles they gave all their possessions to the early church (Acts 4:32-35). The Ebionites claimed to have the biological relatives of Jesus among their own number, described by ancient writers as the "desposynoi" ("those who belong to the master").

Epiphanius describes a group which holds views remarkably similar to those in the Recognitions and Homilies. They accepted Jesus as the "true prophet," believe that Christ was in Adam, in the virtue of poverty, reject animal sacrifices, reject the false texts in the (Old Testament) scripture, are vegetarians, and practice daily baptism. Epiphanius says that the "false texts" that the Ebionites reject have to do with commands to offer animal sacrifice; the Homilies go on to describe a number of other passages considered unworthy of ? , such as those the Ebionites considered to be questioning ? ’s omnipotence, knowledge, love, peaceful nature, and righteousness. Epiphanius quotes their gospel as ascribing the words to Jesus, "I have come to destroy the sacrifices" (Panarion 30.16.5), and as ascribing to Jesus rejection of the Passover meat (Panarion 30.22.4), analogous to numerous passages found in the Recognitions and Homilies (e.g. Recognitions 1.36, 1.54, Homilies 3.45, 7.4, 7.8).

They existed just outside of Judea, in Galilee and present-day Syria and Jordan (the Decapolis, Gaulanitis, Perea, and Nabatea, and nearby regions). The exact origin of the Ebionites is debated, but those who held views characteristic of the Ebionites existed in the first century. The Ebionites originated no later than the second century (when they are mentioned by Ireneaus) and continued to exist at least down through the late fourth century (when Epiphanius describes conversations he had with them), and probably continued into the fifth century and perhaps beyond. There are no known modern groups which are direct lineal descendants of the ancient Ebionites.
  • beenwize
    edited July 2012
    Options
    In the Gospel of the Holy Twelve it is said that the true ? did not command animal sacrifices. It also teaches a vegetarian lifestyle.

Lection XXXIII

By The Shedding Of Blood
    Of Others Is No Remission Of Sins

1. JESUS was teaching his disciples in the outer court of the Temple and one of them said unto him: Master, it is said by the priests that without shedding of blood there is no remission. Can then the blood offering of the law take away sin?
    2. And Jesus answered: No blood offering, of beast or bird, or man, can take away sin, for how can the conscience be purged from sin by the shedding of innocent blood? Nay, it will increase the condemnation.
    3. The priests indeed receive such offering as a reconciliation of the worshippers for the trespasses against the law of Moses, but for sins against the Law of ? there can be no remission, save by repentance and amendment.
    4. Is it not written in the prophets, Put your blood sacrifices to your burnt offerings, and away with them, and cease ye from the eating of flesh, for I spake not to your fathers nor commanded them, when I brought them out of Egypt, concerning these things? But this thing I commanded saying:
    5, Obey my voice and walk in the ways that I have commanded you, and ye shall be my people, and it shall be well with you. But they hearkened not, nor inclined their ear.
    6. And what doth the Eternal command you but to do justice, love mercy and walk humbly with your ? ? Is it not written that in the beginning ? ordained the fruits of the trees and the seeds and the herbs to be food for all flesh?
    7. But they have made the House of Prayer a den of thieves, and for the pure Oblation with Incense, they have polluted my altars with blood, and eaten of the flesh of the slain.
    8. But I say unto you: Shed no innocent blood nor eat ye flesh. Walk uprightly, love mercy, and do justly, and your days shall be long in the land.
    9. The corn that groweth from the earth with the other grain, is it not transmuted by the Spirit into my flesh? The grapes of the vineyard, with the other fruits are they not transmuted by the Spirit into my blood? Let these, with your bodies and souls be your Memorial to the Eternal.
    10. In these is the presence of ? manifest as the Substance and as the Life of the world. Of these shall ye eat and drink for the remission of sins, and for eternal life, to all who obey my words.

6. AND as Jesus was going with some of his disciples he met with a certain man who trained dogs to hunt other creatures. And he said to the man, Why doest thou thus? and the man said, By this I live and what profit is there to any in these creatures? these creatures are weak, but the dogs they are strong. And Jesus said, Thou lackest wisdom and love. Lo, every creature which ? hath made hath its end, and purpose, and who can say what good is there in it? or what profit to thyself, or mankind?
    7. And, for thy living, behold the fields yielding their increase, and the fruit-bearing trees and the herbs; what needest thou more than these which honest work of thy hands will not give to thee? Woe to the strong who misuse their strength, Woe to the hunters for they shall be hunted.
    8. And the man marvelled, and left off training the dogs to hunt, and taught them to save life rather than destroy, And he learned of the doctrines of Jesus and became his disciple.
  • beenwize
    Options
    1. AND some of his disciples came and told him of a certain Egyptian, a son of Belial, who taught that it was lawful to torment animals, if their sufferings brought any profit to men.
    2. And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, they who partake of benefits which are gotten by wronging one of ? 's creatures, cannot be righteous: nor can they touch holy things, or teach the mysteries of the kingdom, whose hands are stained With blood, or whose mouths are defiled with flesh.
    3. ? giveth the grains and the fruits of the earth for food: and for righteous man truly there is no other lawful sustenance for the body.
    4. The robber who breaketh into the house made by man is guilty, but they who break into the house made by ? , even of the least of these are the greater sinners. Wherefore I say unto all who desire to be my disciples, keep your hands from bloodshed and let no flesh meat enter your mouths, for ? is just and bountiful, who ordaineth that man shall live by the fruits and seeds of the earth alone.
    5. But if any animal suffer greatly, and if its life be a misery unto it. or if it be dangerous to you, release it from its life quickly, and with as little pain as you can, Send it forth in love and mercy, but torment it not, and ? the Father-Mother will shew mercy unto you, as ye have shown mercy unto those given into your hands