Official Dallas Thread

Options
deadeye
deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2012 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Saw the show last night.

Was a little bit skeptical about it at first, but let this be known....

From the 1980's up until now.....

Despite all the fresh, new, young faces.....

Larry Hagman (aka J.R. Ewing) is stealing (and carrying) the show just like he did back in the day.

At 80 YEARS OLD!!!

Gotta give him his props.

J.R.'s playing the game better than Tyrion on Game of Thrones.

If what I saw is indicative of what the whole season is gonna be like, dude's gonna get an emmy next year.

Comments

• Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JR was killing it. I was also skeptical about this but it was pretty damn good. I was a big fan of the Original as a kid so this is great. When JR opened his eyes I knew it was on. I'm feeling John Ross. He is going to be a problem. He thinks he is smarter than JR but JR gonna learn him. Can't wait to see how it all pans out with Cliff Barnes and Krebs coming into the picture. Also good looks on them keeping pretty much the original Intro.
  • deadeye
    edited June 2012
    Options
    It's funny because there were things happening on the show back then that wouldn't have even aired today.

It was funny seeing Ray and Lucy at the wedding because I remembered on the old show that he was ? her when she was just 15.

It's not like he was 19 or 20 at the time either...he had to have been at least 30.

Then it turns out that Ray is another one of ? 's sons...so he turns out to be her uncle.

Then they acted like everything that went on with them never happened.

? was wild back then.
  • Michael_Malice
    Options
    Yeah that was crazy. You wouldn't see no ? like that today. Ray old ass beating 15 year old guts, lol. Lucy didn't age well at all.
  • mindright
    mindright Members Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm guilty... I watched this joint last week and I was intrigued...

John Ross is a fool!! A chip off the old block...

"and I said that's the oil business"- good ole JR
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gotta check it out
  • goodlookinout
    goodlookinout Members Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JR still that dude.
  • MissK
    MissK Members Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Also guilty. Don't remember much from the first Dallas run other than hearing the intro song but JR is reason enough for me to keep watching.

"Never pass up an opportunity to shut up" Classic

But the eyebrows...
  • Michael_Malice
    Options
    Nobody gives you power. Real power is something you take. --JR Ewing

Man JR is killing it. He got that look in his eyes. And Cliff Barnes is back. ? is getting real!
  • PaperPlaneJane
    PaperPlaneJane Members Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Nobody gives you power. Real power is something you take. --JR Ewing

Man JR is killing it. He got that look in his eyes. And Cliff Barnes is back. ? is getting real!

He ethered Cliff Barnes too...

"Time has not been kind to that face. But I do recall the smell of brimstone and crazy..."

"I’ll be there when they put you in the ground, Barnes. Listen close... I’ll be the one dancing on the dirt overhead"

• focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watched one episode and i'm hooked.

JR is killin it, but damn...how old is Larry Hagman? TNT must be praying after every episode wraps that dude don't die.
  • deadeye
    Options
    focus wrote: »

TNT must be praying after every episode wraps that dude don't die.

Pretty much.

Without him the show is over.

Whatever they're paying him, he's worth every penny and probably more.

• deadeye
    Options
    "My friends are in the State House.....My enemies are gonna be harder to find"

-J.R. Ewing

• Michael_Malice
    Options
    Co-Sign if Larry Hagman croaks they are in trouble, lol. He is delivering timely one liners and stealing the show. I also think he is setting up a good path for John Ross to be a great villian also.
  • Michael_Malice
    Options
    Are you really gonna break bread with this low life?

JR da Gawd.
  • deadeye
    Options
    Trying to figure out what Helena's deal is.

On the one hand she's helping Christopher with his environmentally friendly alternative fuels project...yet at the same time she's drilling for oil with John Ross.

JR's about to take his spot back.

2 billion barrels of oil, oil selling for $80/barrel...JR's trying to get up there with Bill Gates, Warren Buffett and Carlos Slim.
  • DillaDeaf
    DillaDeaf Members Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JR.................................well damn, I had to explain the htisory of the old show to the wifey...granted I didn't know about Ray Krebs and Lucy (had to look them up on Wiki) but I was pretty well versed in all the other characters -- Bobby, JR, Chris and John Ross --- ya must had forgotten but even on the original, Chris and John Ross was beefing as kids.......................? never changed. Miss Ellie would had shot JR on sight for drillin on Southfork. This Ryland guy is gonna be a problem....and when that Marta footage resurfaces (it probably will....it gonna drive Elena nuts) ...............
  • MissK
    Options
    "Like my daddy alway's said: if you can't get in the front door, just go around to the back." J.R. Ewing
  • MissK
    Options
  • deadeye
    Options
    lol

JR's that dude.

"2 for 2 on Pamelas"

RIP.

Dude's an all-time great.

Show probably won't last without him.
  • DillaDeaf
    DillaDeaf Members Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Now that's Season 2 is done, I'm reuppin the thread..............that finale was crazy and JR Ewing ...all I can say is *tip hat* pours out a lil bourbon........