Movies That Scared U As A Kid And Stuck With You As An Adult

Options
GetMoneyInDaN.O.
GetMoneyInDaN.O. Members Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2012 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Arachnaphobia-the reason i hate tarantulas til this day

CandyMan-when they showed that part of the lady dead and how she had turned white in fear had a young ? shook

not really a movie....but Unsolved Mysteries also used to be scary with that intro

Comments

• Amotekun
    Amotekun Members Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Exorcist.

Couldn't watch that ? til I was a grown man.

When I was a shorty I was watching a Michael jackson video marathon and the Thriller video came on right after Can you Feel it by J5. Man that ? spooked me when Mike turned into the werewolf. I tore up out my room into my grandmas lap.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Saw Exorcist as a 2nd grader made me physically ill..was outta school for a couple days..took years to see that ? again.
  • inthacut
    inthacut Members Posts: 955 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    JAWS_Movie_poster.jpg

Its kinda weird but when where you live is surrounded by water, it all seemed possible.

i was shook for a long time.
  • sapo614
    sapo614 Members Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The elephant man and it wasn't even a scary movie
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    killer clowns....its not a real fear like im gone run or nuthin but i dont ? wit clowns....
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Scream. That mask ? with me and I always thought of the fact that a guy could just buy that mask and start killin people. The mask doesnt scare me anymore but when I see somebody wearing it to this day it makes my eyes tear.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IT. when he came down that pipe and folded the Guy in half and pulled him in the pipe man that scene had me shook as hell as a youngin
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tales-hood.jpg

Yo man ? this moive man,,,,,,, ? THIS MOVE MAN!!!!!
  • GetMoneyInDaN.O.
    Options
    IT. when he came down that pipe and folded the Guy in half and pulled him in the pipe man that scene had me shook as hell as a youngin

stephen-king-it-tim-curry.jpg

i kno alot of people who say the reason they dont ? with clonws is this movies right here......this ? got my wife traumatized til this day
  • GetMoneyInDaN.O.
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »
    tales-hood.jpg

i thought this was funny....explain
  • GetMoneyInDaN.O.
    Options
    also when i think about it...wasnt a movie but Faces OF Death 1-5.........thats not somethin u supposed to see as a youngster...then to be told that ? is real

for about 2 weeks i didnt look at the world the same
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I refuse to talk about it cause to this day I feel if my ? knew they might pull a practical joke on me with the "character"...yeah ? its that real.

On the other hand I remember watching the exorcist when I was young and it mustve been the uncensored version cause I swear this lil white ? was stabbing her ? with a crucifix I had the wee bay face like wtf is going on here lol

weebay.gif

@getmoneyindaNO
    son who the ? is that red bish with the fat ass in your sig??
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    E.T. I know it's supposed to be benign, but could you imagine that ? -looking alien popping up in your back-yard shed? Plus, when I was little people used to have those E.T. t-shirts and I dreamed that ugly mug walked up out the t-shirt and was right in front of me. That and my Paula Abdul/Janet Jackson dream are the only childhood dreams I remember. Shows you how much of an impact it had.
  • GetMoneyInDaN.O.
    Options
    gns wrote: »
    I refuse to talk about it cause to this day I feel if my ? knew they might pull a practical joke on me with the "character"...yeah ? its that real.

On the other hand I remember watching the exorcist when I was young and it mustve been the uncensored version cause I swear this lil white ? was stabbing her ? with a crucifix I had the wee bay face like wtf is going on here lol

weebay.gif

@getmoneyindaNO

bruh ive been tryna find out myself...but kno she a sideline reporter for falcons games.......this is why i luv atl...full of hoes like the 1 above
  • wmj710
    wmj710 Members Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    poltergeist, had me shook. tvs and that toy clown that got possessed messed with me something bad
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

weebay.gif

@getmoneyindaNO

bruh ive been tryna find out myself...but kno she a sideline reporter for falcons games.......this is why i luv atl...full of hoes like the 1 above

son if that bish was a thread on the IC i would de-rail that ? .
  • SleepwalkingInJapan
    SleepwalkingInJapan Members Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • GetMoneyInDaN.O.
    Options
    @gns

? if i was 30 yds ahead of the defense goin for a td....and i saw that hoe...ide run str8 out of bounds and get that number
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nothing at all, I was more interested in the scary movies. Loved watching Nightmare on Elm Street, Childs Play, Killer Klowns From Outer Space, Friday the 13th, Carrie etc....
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tales from the hood.....i shouldnt have been watching that as a kid
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

weebay.gif

@getmoneyindaNO

haha look at the refs in the back...they know whats up
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »
    tales-hood.jpg

i thought this was funny....explain

Its just a dark eerie black horror film. Everything from the sound effects, to the camera angles, to the cheesy special effects make up and dark reality to ? me up as a child watching it. ? is the epitome of how to make a horror film, ? how this ghost stories and special CGI effects now that's ruining the horror film genre.

This movie just hit me as a black young ? , the zombie looking ? , the melted looked dad beater, the ? slave voodoo dolls, to the KKK tale with ? hanging on trees and dead slaves. ? was a crazy deep dark concept if you ignore the comedy.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It. Saw it when i was 4, started crying first time i saw the clown. Then saw it again when i was like 12. Still creeped me the hell out.

Candyman. Saw it again when i was young, had nightmares about the dude. Then i watched it kinda recently and its still a bit spooky haha.
  • smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aliens & Alien 3. I had the nerve to watch them both back to back at night with the lights out.

Pin head - never finished watching till this day.

Thing- see pin head SMH.
  • GetMoneyInDaN.O.
    Options
    Aliens & Alien 3. I had the nerve to watch them both back to back at night with the lights out.

Pin head - never finished watching till this day.

Thing- see pin head SMH.

the bolded are classics IMO....but yes Hellraiser was some creepy ? .....a few months ago was the 1st time i finished the movie on some real ?