Louie - season 3 (FX)

Options
S.jR.
S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2012 in Lights, Camera, Action!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1auVcOw0J_8

All this talk about the return of the best Drama's on TV but everyone is leaving out the GOAT comedy show that also does a fine job in the drama department.

Louie returns Thursday, June 28th @ 10:30p.

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man i still have yet to see season 2. love this show tho, just from season 1.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    one of the best shows on tv
  • thenatureboy
    thenatureboy Members Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looking forward to the return, as well as Wilfred.
  • S.jR.
    Options
    Might give that show a chance.. as much buzz I hear about it, none of my close friends really gave it a shot.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I started watching this show just because nothing else is on. I can't lie. It's funny. More impressively, his little stand-up bits that go along with the show are actually funny too. Seinfeld was a pretty funny show, but damn his stand-up was terrible. Everytime that show comes on and it shows him telling his joke, I'm there with the straight face like, damn, how is that funny?
  • S.jR.
    Options
    Watched the first 3 episodes of season 1 of Wilfred.. I'm not sure I laughed once. It was amusing.. but not funny one bit. Don't think ill watch the rest.

• S.jR.
    Options
    Seinfelds in show standups were woat.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? is hilarious. I'm ready for this new season
  • In Your Moms Room
    In Your Moms Room Members Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One of the best shows on t.v
  • S.jR.
    Options
    Bump for season premiere tonight!
  • S.jR.
    Options
    Ha, so this whole time Louie's baby momma is a black woman.

Best part was at the end when him and the other were discussing the signs.

• focus
    Options
    The premiere was funny as hell. Yea, lol @ his black baby mama, the signs and him not being able to break up with his girlfriend.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    S.jR. wrote: »
    Ha, so this whole time Louie's baby momma is a black woman.

Best part was at the end when him and the other were discussing the signs.

Yeah, I don't get that. His kids have no parts of black in them. ? doesn't make sense.
  • focus
    edited June 2012
    Options

Yeah, I don't get that. His kids have no parts of black in them. ? doesn't make sense.

Here's what Louie had to say about it (taken from a review)...

More importantly, in the overall scheme of the show, we finally met Louie’s ex-wife, Janet, who I had assumed would just always stay off-camera. Yes, I had some confusion seeing African-American actress Susan Kelechi Watson (NCIS) in the role, given the fact that Louie’s daughters don’t look to be mixed race at all. But look, on this show, which, again, is not really tied to ongoing stories or tight continuity, I’ll just go with it. (C.K. himself said, of Watson’s casting, “I think that her performances are really compelling and I like what that character brings out in the stories and in me on the show. To me that trumped whatever... logistical notion” and that he did indeed figure, with his show, people would think, “Oh, all right, just go ahead.”)

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/29/louie-something-is-wrong-review
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    focus wrote: »

Here's what Louie had to say about it (taken from a review)...

More importantly, in the overall scheme of the show, we finally met Louie’s ex-wife, Janet, who I had assumed would just always stay off-camera. Yes, I had some confusion seeing African-American actress Susan Kelechi Watson (NCIS) in the role, given the fact that Louie’s daughters don’t look to be mixed race at all. But look, on this show, which, again, is not really tied to ongoing stories or tight continuity, I’ll just go with it. (C.K. himself said, of Watson’s casting, “I think that her performances are really compelling and I like what that character brings out in the stories and in me on the show. To me that trumped whatever... logistical notion” and that he did indeed figure, with his show, people would think, “Oh, all right, just go ahead.”)

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/29/louie-something-is-wrong-review

lol That's hilarious. Dude basically made a nonsensical addition to the show, and his explanation for it is "? it."
  • S.jR.
    Options
    I mean there is a lot of random ? that happens on the show, I guess his ex wife being black fits. ? they randomly crushed his infiniti in front of him with no explanation.
  • focus
    Options
    S.jR. wrote: »
    I mean there is a lot of random ? that happens on the show, I guess his ex wife being black fits. ? they randomly crushed his infiniti in front of him with no explanation.

Well, I guess it tied back to the confusion over the parking signs, but the car crush was the only downfall of the premiere to me. That was just, weird. The construction worker not knowing what they were doing there in the first place was funny, but why they would just crush his car repeatedly with no reaction seemed out of place even for Louie's universe. But it lead to the motorcycle so all was forgiven LOL.

• Bcotton5
    Options
  • S.jR.
    Options
    Lmao @ Louie being forced to give head after getting it!
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It really is one of the funnier shows on TV right now. Probably the funniest.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    lmao!!!!! @ his head hitting the window!!!
  • thenatureboy
    thenatureboy Members Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Episode was hilarious.
  • focus
    Options
    LOL @ double standards. It was ok for the woman to give him head, but if Louie did the same to her he would feel like a "? ". And on the flip side, it was ok for the woman to sexually assault Louie, but if he did the same to her he would be a ? . LOL.
  • S.jR.
    Options
    Louie had a bromance but is so socially awkward he didn't even know how to handle it.

Turns out Louie was really raised in Mexico as a kid.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    how a ? is louies ex-wife black when his kids look 100% white?