Nintendo: Wii U could become "preferred" Call of Duty platform

Options
joshuaboy
joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2012 in IllGaming

But GamePad concept "confusing relative to the Wii".

Nintendo hopes that the Wii U GamePad could become the "preferred" way of playing Call of Duty games.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 remains unannounced for the platform, although a Wii U version has been heavily rumoured.

"Do we want to reach out to the core audience? Absolutely," Nintendo of America marketing exec Scott Moffitt explained to GameSpot. "They're very much part of our audience and the group of consumers we hope will find the way you can re-imagine games on the Wii U.

"The Wii U could become the preferred way to play those games for some of the core gamers."

The GamePad's touch screen could display maps and other HUD elements, Moffitt continued.

"You can imagine how a game like Call of Duty would work on the Wii U - the GamePad will allow you to declutter the TV and pull gaming items like maps down and not interrupt your interaction and enjoy the cinematic quality of the game on the TV.

"That's one application that could be exciting and could enhance gameplay for a core gamer."

But Moffitt admitted the Wii U's controls were "confusing relative to the Wii".

"With a second screen controller, you need to see what's on the second screen, so by nature it's a more complex system," Moffitt concluded. "It's less visually easy to understand."

Comments

• CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah right...the PS4 version >>

Simply because more people will have it
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    #BlackOps2
    #FuckNintendo
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol ? out of here with having to keep looking down to ses things that could easily be displayed on the screen.I hated how in that zombiu video it kept telling you to look at the controller when they could just have a minimap on the screen.Not even focus is this stupid.
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion. wrote: »
    Nintendo will prolly get it, just because Black Ops 2 will drop before MS & Sony's new system...... if they do this changes things...... LOL they need big games for when they release. Getting COD would be a big deal for Nintendo.

COD is on Wii now; It's just a ? tho.
  • blackkevblazini
    blackkevblazini Members Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Sion. wrote: »
    Nintendo will prolly get it, just because Black Ops 2 will drop before MS & Sony's new system...... if they do this changes things...... LOL they need big games for when they release. Getting COD would be a big deal for Nintendo.

COD is on Wii now; It's just a ? tho.

The Wii's CoD games are the exact same ? that's on PS3/360 minus the graphics. I'd even go so far as to say that the pointer control makes the game kinda easier and prolly even a bit more fun.

I've got MW3 on 360 (paid for it) and Wii (downloaded it) and it's the exact same game......the Wii version CHUGS LIKE A ? on some of the more action packed parts but minus that it's the same ? .

I don't see Treyarch getting Black Ops 2 to work on the Wii tho....You could already tell they was pushing the thing to it's limit with MW3 and Black Ops 2 looks way more complicated.
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^ Wii version has less people available for TDM; I think it's 4 v 4 (as far as Black Ops), and lol @ MW3 pushing the limit. It's the same ? (well, worse to be honest) as MW2 and Treyarch didn't make MW3, Infinity Ward did, well what's left of them.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    its all gonna depend on their online capabilities and how many ppl actually use it for multiplayer. that will determine if this succeeds or not.

Same with COD Vita.
  • blackkevblazini
    Options
    ^^ Wii version has less people available for TDM; I think it's 4 v 4 (as far as Black Ops), and lol @ MW3 pushing the limit. It's the same ? (well, worse to be honest) as MW2 and Treyarch didn't make MW3, Infinity Ward did, well what's left of them.

Treyarch did the Wii version of MW3.

• vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont see how the experience going to be better when i constantly have to look down on the screen to check the map
  • VulcanRaven
    Options
    The real question is,why would anyone bother to play COD on the Wii when it is not more powerful than the 360 and nowhere near the PS3? Have anyone actually watched that ZombieU game? The WiiU is using an outdated AMD Radeon chip from like 2006. ZombieU just proved that the WiiU is a current generation console and it was already confirmed that it will not be able to run U4 Engine. The thing will be another shovel ware console with only Mario worth playing as usual.
  • blackkevblazini
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    The real question is,why would anyone bother to play COD on the Wii when it is not more powerful than the 360 and nowhere near the PS3? Have anyone actually watched that ZombieU game? The WiiU is using an outdated AMD Radeon chip from like 2006. ZombieU just proved that the WiiU is a current generation console and it was already confirmed that it will not be able to run U4 Engine. The thing will be another shovel ware console with only Mario worth playing as usual.

Source or it didn't happen.

I've read places which says it's using the Radeon R770, which IS from 2009, but still makes it more powerful than the PS3 and Xbox 360.

• focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I've read places which says it's using the Radeon R770, which IS from 2009, but still makes it more powerful than the PS3 and Xbox 360.

Mad Jack just kinda says stuff to be saying it. Mad Jack is mad.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Wii U will run Black Ops 2 nicely since its made for 360/PS3.... but what about when real next gen 720/PS4 drop and there's tons of particles, physics, destructible environments, more players, bigger maps, etc.... Wii U will be lacking and their versions of COD will be nerfed for the next 6+ years.

Its all Nintendo just talking ? . They are ? doomed this gen. Mark my words. Wii U will be another Dreamcast type system.... first to the party, and first to leave.
  • VulcanRaven
    Options

That is still outdated especially when the next xbox and ps release.Have you even seen the games for it? It looks nowhere near the ps3.Then the fact that they are able to straight up port current games to the wiiu with no enhancements proves that it is not very powerful.No one should expect the wiiu to be that high tech anyway since nintendo does not spend much money on hardware development and they do not have the experience with high technology.
  • imm0rt4l
    imm0rt4l Members Posts: 683 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Anything is possible, this ? isn't very probable at all though lol. Not happening.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    its all gonna depend on their online capabilities and how many ppl actually use it for multiplayer. that will determine if this succeeds or not.

Same with COD Vita.